Thread: Questions about switching to Unlimited plan from More Everything plan

Feedback Score

Questions about switching to Unlimited plan from More Everything plan

I have 4 lines on More Everything plan with 10GB right now. All phones are month to month and get $25 discount each and have work discount 18% discount. Total with tax ect.. is $142.

Questions I have about the Verizon Unlimited is the lowest level would be $140 plus tax/fees for 4 lines. Do they add in any per line fees on top? Each additional line adds a fee on my current plan. Also, I could add 2 kids lines to what I have but they website will only let me go up to 5. Can you have 6 lines?

If I add the kids line it drops the unlimited play to $30 each then $25 for kids lines. I think this would be about the same as the cost of adding 2 lines to my current account. A rep at the store said they'd give the new line same discount as long as we had the phones are purchased new ones on a payment plan.

All in all it looks about the same and the main reason I was looking to change was that most of the deals that Verizon has on phones now seem to be limited to those on an Unlimited plan. Our phones are all 3 years old and it would be nice to upgrade. We'd also get Apple music and Disney+. Not willing to pay more for those but would be a nice perk at if the price at the end was similar.

I'm not sure if I need the kids lines yet but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious and would be screwing myself over by switching. The 4 of use only avg about 3-4 GBs a month right now so getting more data has no value to us. Thanks for any help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprtfan View Post
    I have 4 lines on More Everything plan with 10GB right now. All phones are month to month and get $25 discount each and have work discount 18% discount. Total with tax ect.. is $142.

Questions I have about the Verizon Unlimited is the lowest level would be $140 plus tax/fees for 4 lines. Do they add in any per line fees on top? Each additional line adds a fee on my current plan. Also, I could add 2 kids lines to what I have but they website will only let me go up to 5. Can you have 6 lines?
    No line fees it's $140 plus taxes and things like USF fee "administration fee" but no $20 per line fees. Also that assume autopay and paperless and autopay as to be debit or checking account. As far as I know you sued to be able to have up to 10 lines

If I add the kids line it drops the unlimited play to $30 each then $25 for kids lines. I think this would be about the same as the cost of adding 2 lines to my current account. A rep at the store said they'd give the new line same discount as long as we had the phones are purchased new ones on a payment plan.
    Not sure what the rep meant by discount. You mean on your current plan? By the way you won't get you 18% discount on the unlimited plans

All in all it looks about the same and the main reason I was looking to change was that most of the deals that Verizon has on phones now seem to be limited to those on an Unlimited plan. Our phones are all 3 years old and it would be nice to upgrade. We'd also get Apple music and Disney+. Not willing to pay more for those but would be a nice perk at if the price at the end was similar.

I'm not sure if I need the kids lines yet but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious and would be screwing myself over by switching. The 4 of use only avg about 3-4 GBs a month right now so getting more data has no value to us. Thanks for any help.
    4 lines on Start Unlimited and 2 kids lines would be $170 plus taxes and fees( 4 X $30 + 2 X $25 ). 4 lines and 1 kids line would be $145. Just regular 4 lines would be $140. As I said plus taxes and fees. Which depending on where you live should be about $5 or so per line

Feedback Score
    Thanks, that was all of the info I was wanting to double check.

The same discount the rep was referring too was the month to month discount that I'm currently getting on the 4 lines under my current plan. I'd be able to add each new line for $15 plus tax/fees

Feedback Score
    I guess I should also ask would the data be of lower quality than what I'm currently getting with my More Everything 10GB plan? They mention streaming resolution caps on the cheaper tiers of the unlimited plan. I'm just not sure what I'm getting now. Thanks

Feedback Score
    I guess I should also ask would the data be of lower quality than what I'm currently getting with my More Everything 10GB plan?
    Yes, the start unlimited plan is permanently deprioritized which may or may not be a problem for you.

They mention streaming resolution caps on the cheaper tiers of the unlimited plan. I'm just not sure what I'm getting now. Thanks
    ME plans and the current tiered plans are throttled to 720p video.

We moved everything from an 8GB ME plan to 3 lines of start and a line of do more to cover a tablet.

In our area deprioritization is not a problem but YMMV, our highest usage line uses something like ~20GB/mo on start.

Turns out if you don't have to constantly worry about staying under a usage cap you use a bit more.
    Last edited by sims; 11-15-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: I was tired but the plans are tiered.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, that was all of the info I was wanting to double check.

The same discount the rep was referring too was the month to month discount that I'm currently getting on the 4 lines under my current plan. I'd be able to add each new line for $15 plus tax/fees
    So 2 more lines on your current plan would be an extra $30 plus taxes/fees so about $180 once taxes and fees are accounted for. Four lines Start Unlimited plus 2 kids lines would be $170 before taxes and fees. So probably higher than what you would pay on your old plan but you're getting more data and don't have to worry about possible overage charges.

I guess I should also ask would the data be of lower quality than what I'm currently getting with my More Everything 10GB plan? They mention streaming resolution caps on the cheaper tiers of the unlimited plan. I'm just not sure what I'm getting now. Thanks
    Start Unlimited is deprioritized form the start. Which means if you area is congested your speeds could be slower than everyone else. But it only happens during congestion it's not 24/7 so it really depends on where you are. Some people never encounter it. As far as video it's 480p vs 720p which is what you have. Others will disagree but I seriously doubt you can tell on a smartphone the difference between 720p and 480p to any great extent.

Carrier(s)
    Verizonwireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    So 2 more lines on your current plan would be an extra $30 plus taxes/fees so about $180 once taxes and fees are accounted for. Four lines Start Unlimited plus 2 kids lines would be $170 before taxes and fees. So probably higher than what you would pay on your old plan but you're getting more data and don't have to worry about possible overage charges.

Start Unlimited is deprioritized form the start. Which means if you area is congested your speeds could be slower than everyone else. But it only happens during congestion it's not 24/7 so it really depends on where you are. Some people never encounter it. As far as video it's 480p vs 720p which is what you have. Others will disagree but I seriously doubt you can tell on a smartphone the difference between 720p and 480p to any great extent.
    Agreed I have 4 phones on Go Unlimited I am able to listen to music or watch videos at any time I live in the suburbs of NYC and do not notice slowdowns if they exist