Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Biggest network reach?

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I think firstnet requires a certain amount of roaming in spots that aren’t native coverage until att builds it out.
    My phone is first net capable.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Note. A dual line phone like the iPhone 11 Pro will only work with 2 carriers like this if unlocked.

Myself, I have T-Mobile postpaid (to support my Apple Watch), and a $5/month plan on the ATT network and a $5/month plan on the Verizon network. I should be set I also have the spare phones.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Note. A dual line phone like the iPhone 11 Pro will only work with 2 carriers like this if unlocked.

Myself, I have T-Mobile postpaid (to support my Apple Watch), and a $5/month plan on the ATT network and a $5/month plan on the Verizon network. I should be set I also have the spare phones.
    I have the pixel 3A and it works great it also is eSIM capability as well as a physical SIM card.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I suspect the pixel would have the same issue. If locked probably can’t mix carriers. In that case, the main benefit would be if you wanted 2 numbers on same carrier. Such as work and personal.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Within the past month. That's all I know, lol.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    I was wondering why I was able to roam with my Note 10+ on USCC LTE up here in Mendocino County, in rural NW CA (mainly Redwood Valley and Ukiah) last month during our PSPS power outages, it used Band 5 and 12 on USCC, I remember thinking it must be an emergency thing done because of the outages, but it's great to hear it's official. It only did it a few times, I'm sure to help take some of the load off the AT&T network during the outages, or maybe they had to refuel their power backups, but it was nice, I never lost my data or voice with AT&T. It's in-market, too, so that makes it even better. We're served by AT&T, VZ (B), USCC (A) and T-Mobile.
    Last edited by ilvla2; 11-16-2019 at 01:43 AM.

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    I was wondering why I was able to roam with my Note 10+ on USCC LTE up here in Mendocino County, in rural NW CA (mainly Redwood Valley and Ukiah) last month duringour PSPS power outages, it used Band 5 and 12 on USCC, I remember thinking it must be an emergency thing done because of the outages, but it's great to hear it's official. It only did it a few times, I'm sure to help take some of the load off the AT&T network during the outages, or maybe they had to refuel their power backups, but it was nice, I never lost my data or voice with AT&T. It's in-market, too, so that makes it even better. We're served by AT&T, VZ (B), USCC (A) and T-Mobile.
    It's great isn't it ? We are served by Tmobile USCC VZW and AT&T.

The only USCC tower I've connected to on my At&t LG V40 is behind my doctors office that was always a dead zone but with perfect USCC coverage [they have a store across the street].

In the beginning At&t used that tower and it was great because it's along a regular traveled route for us and it drops the call otherwise the one and only place. Well it stopped one day and it sucked.

Three years later and I'm connected on CLR band 5 and have perfect service through there again. Thanks uscc.

Strange cellmapper still isn't registering it at as a native tower to at&t yet though have to switch to "current provider".

That said in network roaming is awesome.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Some smartphones, like some of the newest Apple iPhones, will natively do two SIMs. One physical SIM and one e-SIM. Some Chinese smartphones, possibly others, too, will take two physical SIM cars.
    You way you stated this would lead one to believe that iPhones are not Chinese smartphones.

Feedback Score

Biggest Network Reach?

Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    You way you stated this would lead one to believe that iPhones are not Chinese smartphones.
    Good point. Perhaps I should have said "iPhone and some other Chinese smartphones..."

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I think chinese market iPhones have 2 physical sim slots

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    If one is serious about ‘service everywhere’ then the only answer can be a satphone. With the proviso that you must be outdoors or by a window, satellite offers significantly better coverage than Verizon.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Best thing to do is go on weboost.com and get an amp for your car or rv and use at&t or vzw postpaid.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by berry05 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm looking to switch to att or verizon from tmobile. I'm looking for a network that has the most coverage, either 4g or 3g I'm just looking for the most coverage in the states. It says att has 70% 3g and verizon has 70% 4g. But I read somewhere att has more 3g coverage than verizon 4g coverage. So who really covers more?
    It depends on where you go.

I have T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon in my iPhone 11Pro, and Verizon will generally "always" have service but the LTE seems to be more prone to congestion compared to AT&T and T-Mobile.

AT&T indoors I generally notice "less bars" but it still works, and in rural areas there will be places AT&T just bites the dust and Verizon is chugging along (slowly, on 700MHz LTE)

It just depends on where you use it, in the NE Verizon tends to have the best overall coverage, just not necessarily the best speed.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keeponkeepnon View Post
    It's great isn't it ? We are served by Tmobile USCC VZW and AT&T.

The only USCC tower I've connected to on my At&t LG V40 is behind my doctors office that was always a dead zone but with perfect USCC coverage [they have a store across the street].

In the beginning At&t used that tower and it was great because it's along a regular traveled route for us and it drops the call otherwise the one and only place. Well it stopped one day and it sucked.

Three years later and I'm connected on CLR band 5 and have perfect service through there again. Thanks uscc.

Strange cellmapper still isn't registering it at as a native tower to at&t yet though have to switch to "current provider".

That said in network roaming is awesome.

It's awesome! We've had in-market roaming here for years between VZ and USCC, but it's been 2G and 3G, this is the first in-market LTE roaming I've encountered, from anyone. I may not need it very often, but it's great to have it now. T-Mobile is supposed to roam LTE in-market here onto USCC now, too, though I'm not sure if that's been implemented yet.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I've traveled the USA extensively over the past 11 years as an rv'er. You'll be hard pressed to find a place that you'd want to spend much time that doesn't have Verizon coverage.

I spent a lot of those years in the West. No coverage areas usually were a desolate five mile stretch in the middle of an Indian reservation or on a forest service road at the top of a mountain, etc. Those are great places to see and pass through, but not places you'd spend any kind of time. Those are also the kinds of places which no carrier will have a signal.

JMO
    Verizon has the most land area LTE coverage in the CONUS, but they have some pretty ridiculous holes and gaps in their network in West Virginia, Texas, Illinois, and Missouri, and I have run into localized gaps in Verizon coverage where AT&T has coverage in Maine and Upstate New York. The only way to have superior coverage is multiple carriers.

Fortunately, they're both expanding. They have a tower sharing deal to push into new areas. You'll also want postpaid as roaming can help in a big way. At&t just recently started roaming with us cellular. If you go with T, make sure you have a band 14 phone. With either carrier, I'd get the newest Samsung or LG flagships. Reception is stellar with Qualcomm.
    Agreed on Qualcomm and B14, but Verizon Prepaid does have Extended coverage from LTEiRA partners, even though it's not cheap.

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Fortunately, they're both expanding. They have a tower sharing deal to push into new areas. You'll also want postpaid as roaming can help in a big way. At&t just recently started roaming with us cellular. If you go with T, make sure you have a band 14 phone. With either carrier, I'd get the newest Samsung or LG flagships. Reception is stellar with Qualcomm.

So agree on band 14 with Qualcomm as well. My LG V40 has incredible reception. Areas where my folks iphone 6 will go in and out my LG is near solid. Their house is a good example. They have to be closer to a window or upstairs to make and receive calls while I can roam about the house even into the cellar and holds solid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast