Thread: HD call on my bill

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 plus 256, Galaxy S9 w 250gb micro sd.
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T for connected car, AT&T prepaid and T-mobile.
    Feedback Score

HD call on my bill

I love my Verizon prepaid service. I just got my automated text that my payment was processed and I wanted to check my balance and I found something very odd on my statement. I wonder what this is? Itís kind of expensive for HD call LOL $5.22. I donít know what it is. Any guesses?. Thanks everybody :-)Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  29.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    FYI, I barely use this phone so thereís no overseas calls or anything like that. I just want to throw that out there I would assume like this is a long distance charge but Iíve never heard of that before.

Feedback Score
    HD Voice calls are billed as standard voice minutes, according to your plan - https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/hd-voice-faqs/

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    What plan do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    8+8 promo

I didnít make any calls anyways so I donít know what the charge is for. Iíll find out tomorrow I just was curious. Well I guess Iíll find out later today as Iím in bed right now :-)

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mc1200s View Post
    8+8 promo

I didnít make any calls anyways so I donít know what the charge is for. Iíll find out tomorrow I just was curious. Well I guess Iíll find out later today as Iím in bed right now :-)

May be a roaming call that you were billed for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Contact customer service for more information. I always thought that HD calling is not included with prepaid service. Not sure how it got charged though. I suggest that you go through the phone settings and make sure that the feature is disabled to avoid future charges.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

HD call on my bill

Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Contact customer service for more information. I always thought that HD calling is not included with prepaid service. Not sure how it got charged though. I suggest that you go through the phone settings and make sure that the feature is disabled to avoid future charges.
    Well I appreciate input. Apparently it was a roaming call or overseas call. They were unable to tell but they were pretty kind and they saw that this is never happened in the past so they gave me my credit. I donít know exactly what it is and they didnít either and they couldnít tell much at all they couldnít even tell me the number that was called. So either one of my two daughters was playing with my iPhone and pressed a lot of keys or it was a roming call. Iíll have to read about my plans details. Thanks again. I donít know who else to talk because none of my friends are cell phone junkies like I am.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thank you. It is turned on. Iíll turn it off until I become a little bit more wise. Obviously Iím one of those guys who never reads the manual or instructions :-)

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Isn't HD calling Verizon's term for VoLTE? That is supported, and you can't even activate a new phone anymore that isn't VoLTE compatible on Verizon. Though, if your account/SIM is active, you can still move it to a phone that isn't VoLTE compatible.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    I have VZ prepaid and I get HD calling to phones that are compatible with that feature. My S5 has it without any problems.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Right now I have a phone an a Verizon MVNO and I have VoLTE.

There was one time a few years ago I had a strange $10 charge on my phone line. Over to Germany. Based on my research on the internet of the number called, I figured there was some strange hicup where my car contacted the manufacturer through my phone instead of the car's connection.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mc1200s View Post
    It is turned on. Iíll turn it off until I become a little bit more wise. Obviously Iím one of those guys who never reads the manual or instructions :-)
    You should turn HD Voice (VoLTE) back on. Verizon Prepaid and MVNOs have been using VoLTE for some time now. With it off, you will have poorer voice coverage on CDMA only (which Verizon is winding down, and will be eliminated at the end of next year).

With HD Voice on, you will have more Bands (frequencies) available for voice, and also in some roaming areas (LTEiRA providers).

Feedback Score
    Of course it 's going to be included has been for years. HD calling is VoLTE so going to be hard to call after Dec 31 2020 if you don't have HD calling.

Feedback Score
    In my mind it's either prepaid or it's not. Getting billed for something after the fact on prepaid. That's not right.

LOL Love the Mint Mobile TV commercials. (Don't have their service though.)
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19