Thread: At&t / Us Cellular Roaming Agreement

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

At&t / Us Cellular Roaming Agreement

Does anyone have the details on this ?

I can confirm it's up and running as my LG V40 was connecting to a known USCC only tower on band 5. My father's iphone 6 that has never had a service update did not connect to the tower and still had 0 to no service while my moms updated iphone 6 connected to the tower as well with full service.

This is fantastic news.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This has been confirmed by eyewitness reports on other boards as well, although I have yet to see any official mention from either carrier. I have not, personally, had the opportunity to go into an area that only has USCC and no AT&T native service, such as southwest Iowa, to see for myself. It does require a band 12-compatible phone (not just band 17) which is why some older AT&T phones are left out.
    AT&T customer since 2007; Alltel 2004-07. Android user since 2014 and will never go back to Apple.
    I recommend and use CellMapper for testing and mapping signal coverage and have contributed extensively in the greater St. Louis region and surrounding states.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joelwnelson View Post
    I have not, personally, had the opportunity to go into an area

I have, up here in Mendocino County, in rural Northwest California, we're part of USCC's NW (NorCal, OR, WA) Market.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...rk-reach/page2 See my post We're served by AT&T, VZ (B), USCC (A) and T-Mobile, so it's in-market roaming here to boot!

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    This is great if they actually do it nationwide where AT&T doesn't have coverage but USCC does. A combination of either AT&T or Verizon plus USCC is pretty unbeatable. Maybe this will crank up pressure on Verizon to do it as well! It will really help in parts of Iowa, and could help in some parts of Maine as well.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    This is great if they actually do it nationwide where AT&T doesn't have coverage but USCC does. A combination of either AT&T or Verizon plus USCC is pretty unbeatable. Maybe this will crank up pressure on Verizon to do it as well! It will really help in parts of Iowa, and could help in some parts of Maine as well.
    It helps up here in NorCal (and in OR and WA), too, at least in the counties where USCC has service (Mendocino, Lake, Humboldt, Del Norte, Trinity, Siskiyou, Modoc, Lassen, Plumas Counties), AT&T services those counties as well, it means wherever AT&T or USCC have service, now, so do I, and it's LTE Verizon and USCC have roamed in-market onto each other here for years, though it's 3G or lower, and T-Mobile is supposed to roam in-market onto USCC here now, too. Of course, we also have a great highway call box program, they use either cellular or satellite, and are located every couple of miles on the state (ie CA 20, CA 1, CA 253, etc) and federal highways (we only have one of those, US 101), including in places with unusable to no cell service, from anyone. That said, if you go deep into the Mendocino National Forest (one of the last National Forests in the US without a paved road across it), or the Lost Coast, for example, you'll need a radio or satellite phone if you want to communicate.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    It helps up here in NorCal (and in OR and WA), too, at least in the counties where USCC has service (Mendocino, Lake, Humboldt, Del Norte, Trinity, Siskiyou, Modoc, Lassen, Plumas Counties), AT&T services those counties as well, it means wherever AT&T or USCC have service, now, so do I, and it's LTE Verizon and USCC have roamed in-market onto each other here for years, though it's 3G or lower, and T-Mobile is supposed to roam in-market onto USCC here now, too. Of course, we also have a great highway call box program, they use either cellular or satellite, and are located every couple of miles on the state (ie CA 20, CA 1, CA 253, etc) and federal highways (we only have one of those, US 101), including in places with unusable to no cell service, from anyone. That said, if you go deep into the Mendocino National Forest (one of the last National Forests in the US without a paved road across it), or the Lost Coast, for example, you'll need a radio or satellite phone if you want to communicate.
    Verizon roaming on USCC is basically voice-only. I think it's technically 1xRTT, which might be push email or MMS through on a good day. USCC roams on Verizon EVDO. LTE roaming is great, and what Verizon should get on USCC. I saw call boxes down in San Bernadino County out in the desert as well, which was interesting. Some areas has Verizon CDMA from a lone solar-powered tower out in the desert, some had nothing, so they must been using boosted cellular or satellite. I brought a Google Fi phone along so that I could pick up Verizon through USCC's roaming agreement, which is what I had on the lone Verizon solar tower in the desert. Your area is much harder to cover given the terrain and vegetation, however, as you can cover 20mi+ of the desert from a single big macro.

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    In market roaming on USCC.

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    USCC on At&t

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keeponkeepnon View Post
    USCC on At&t

You must be in your glory lol. How are the speeds?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3 & 3a; Moto X4, 6 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Surprised, I live right there and it’s a native US Cellular area and the US Cellular store is in the middle of that long green line.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible