Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: At&t / Us Cellular Roaming Agreement

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    271
    Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    0

    At&t / Us Cellular Roaming Agreement

    Does anyone have the details on this ?

    I can confirm it's up and running as my LG V40 was connecting to a known USCC only tower on band 5. My father's iphone 6 that has never had a service update did not connect to the tower and still had 0 to no service while my moms updated iphone 6 connected to the tower as well with full service.


    This is fantastic news.

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Eastern Missouri
    Posts
    672
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    This has been confirmed by eyewitness reports on other boards as well, although I have yet to see any official mention from either carrier. I have not, personally, had the opportunity to go into an area that only has USCC and no AT&T native service, such as southwest Iowa, to see for myself. It does require a band 12-compatible phone (not just band 17) which is why some older AT&T phones are left out.
    AT&T customer since 2007; Alltel 2004-07. Android user since 2014 and will never go back to Apple.
    I recommend and use CellMapper for testing and mapping signal coverage and have contributed extensively in the greater St. Louis region and surrounding states.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,613
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by joelwnelson View Post
    I have not, personally, had the opportunity to go into an area

    I have, up here in Mendocino County, in rural Northwest California, we're part of USCC's NW (NorCal, OR, WA) Market.

    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...rk-reach/page2 See my post We're served by AT&T, VZ (B), USCC (A) and T-Mobile, so it's in-market roaming here to boot!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    785
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    This is great if they actually do it nationwide where AT&T doesn't have coverage but USCC does. A combination of either AT&T or Verizon plus USCC is pretty unbeatable. Maybe this will crank up pressure on Verizon to do it as well! It will really help in parts of Iowa, and could help in some parts of Maine as well.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,613
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    This is great if they actually do it nationwide where AT&T doesn't have coverage but USCC does. A combination of either AT&T or Verizon plus USCC is pretty unbeatable. Maybe this will crank up pressure on Verizon to do it as well! It will really help in parts of Iowa, and could help in some parts of Maine as well.
    It helps up here in NorCal (and in OR and WA), too, at least in the counties where USCC has service (Mendocino, Lake, Humboldt, Del Norte, Trinity, Siskiyou, Modoc, Lassen, Plumas Counties), AT&T services those counties as well, it means wherever AT&T or USCC have service, now, so do I, and it's LTE Verizon and USCC have roamed in-market onto each other here for years, though it's 3G or lower, and T-Mobile is supposed to roam in-market onto USCC here now, too. Of course, we also have a great highway call box program, they use either cellular or satellite, and are located every couple of miles on the state (ie CA 20, CA 1, CA 253, etc) and federal highways (we only have one of those, US 101), including in places with unusable to no cell service, from anyone. That said, if you go deep into the Mendocino National Forest (one of the last National Forests in the US without a paved road across it), or the Lost Coast, for example, you'll need a radio or satellite phone if you want to communicate.



    Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    785
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    It helps up here in NorCal (and in OR and WA), too, at least in the counties where USCC has service (Mendocino, Lake, Humboldt, Del Norte, Trinity, Siskiyou, Modoc, Lassen, Plumas Counties), AT&T services those counties as well, it means wherever AT&T or USCC have service, now, so do I, and it's LTE Verizon and USCC have roamed in-market onto each other here for years, though it's 3G or lower, and T-Mobile is supposed to roam in-market onto USCC here now, too. Of course, we also have a great highway call box program, they use either cellular or satellite, and are located every couple of miles on the state (ie CA 20, CA 1, CA 253, etc) and federal highways (we only have one of those, US 101), including in places with unusable to no cell service, from anyone. That said, if you go deep into the Mendocino National Forest (one of the last National Forests in the US without a paved road across it), or the Lost Coast, for example, you'll need a radio or satellite phone if you want to communicate.
    Verizon roaming on USCC is basically voice-only. I think it's technically 1xRTT, which might be push email or MMS through on a good day. USCC roams on Verizon EVDO. LTE roaming is great, and what Verizon should get on USCC. I saw call boxes down in San Bernadino County out in the desert as well, which was interesting. Some areas has Verizon CDMA from a lone solar-powered tower out in the desert, some had nothing, so they must been using boosted cellular or satellite. I brought a Google Fi phone along so that I could pick up Verizon through USCC's roaming agreement, which is what I had on the lone Verizon solar tower in the desert. Your area is much harder to cover given the terrain and vegetation, however, as you can cover 20mi+ of the desert from a single big macro.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    271
    Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    In market roaming on USCC.

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    271
    Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    USCC on At&t

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,877
    Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by keeponkeepnon View Post
    USCC on At&t

    Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    You must be in your glory lol. How are the speeds?

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,137
    Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3 & 3a; Moto X4, 6 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    Surprised, I live right there and it’s a native US Cellular area and the US Cellular store is in the middle of that long green line.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Similar Threads

  1. US Cellular Roaming in SW Colorado vs. AT&T
    By soonerman in forum USCellular
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 08:10 AM
  2. US Cellular roaming agreement?
    By Drag'nGT in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 01:02 PM
  3. AT&T Wireless expands GSM roaming agreements
    By eakenn in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 02:24 PM
  4. AT&T/Cingular sign new roaming agreement
    By frail in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 05:41 PM
  5. AT&T GSM now has roaming agreement with Canada
    By powertoburn in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2002, 07:48 PM

Bookmarks