Thread: Can Simple Mobile Moto G6 use Tracfone BYOP sims?

Feedback Score

Can Simple Mobile Moto G6 use Tracfone BYOP sims?

Hello Everyone;

I have read on the forum that several people have successfully used a Tracfone BYOP sim in the Simple Mobile Moto E5 phones.
    Does anyone know if the same can be done with the Simple Mobile Moto G6 (or G7)?

I would like to use the BYOP GSM sim, on the AT&T network, in the Simple Mobile Moto G6.

As always, thank you in advance for your help.

Feedback Score
    Hi;
    I probably should have added that my end goal is to transfer my Tracfone AT&T service from my LG L33L (Sunset) to the Simple Mobile Moto G6.
    Thanks again.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Simple Mobile uses T-mobile (GSM network) so the Simple Mobile Moto G6 should work with a BYOP TF/AT&T SIM. The phone model XT1925DL ends with DL, meaning it has both GSM and CDMA radios. As such, it should also work with a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM (but you'll need to use another whitelisted IMEI to activate the TF/Verizon SIM).

To do what you want:
    1. Activate a BYOP TF/AT&T SIM (of the correct size) with a transfer of service from your L33L. We recommend that you use Chat so you'll have your balances and everything done recorded in the Chat transcript, then copy/save the chat transcript to your computer.
    2. Activating a BYOP TF/AT&T SIM does NOT require a phone's IMEI, just the SIM number. Do not tell the rep that you plan to use the SIM in a Simple Mobile phone. It's not relevant and only causes confusion/refusal.
    3. After the SIM has been activated, put it into the G6, turn it on, make test calls/texts, check your balances & service days. Probably will need to create/edit the APN for data & MMS to work.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The Sunset uses a Micro size SIM and the G6/G7 uses the smaller Nano, so you will not be able to SIM swap between phones.
    Get your BYOP SIM kit for $1.00 from the Tracfone e-Bay store, ships free and fast:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Ke...MAAOSwVBVb02o4

Feedback Score
    Thank you both for the quick replies.

Just so I am clear, can i just put the new Tracfone BYOP nano sim in the G6, and then just transfer my L33L service to the G6?
    Or am I missing a step?

This is what I am looking at:
    https://shop.simplemobile.com/shop/e...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Is this a good deal, or should I wait until Black Friday and hope something better shows up?

Thanks again,

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribby1 View Post
    Just so I am clear, can i just put the new Tracfone BYOP nano sim in the G6, and then just transfer my L33L service to the G6?
    Or am I missing a step?
    It makes no difference whether the SIM is outside or inside of the phone at activation/transfer. I usually keep it outside so I can read/verify its number if necessary.

This is what I am looking at:
    https://shop.simplemobile.com/shop/e...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Is this a good deal, or should I wait until Black Friday and hope something better shows up?
    Since Black Friday is close enough, I'd wait and see if there will be better deals. I doubt that the price will go higher than it is now. So nothing to lose by waiting.

Some cashback/rebate sites like Rakuten (was Ebates), TopCashBack, CouponCabin give a higher cashback rate during the holiday season. Last year, Ebates raised their usual 33% cashback rate for Tracfone purchases to 66% for a few days. Heck of a deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Some cashback/rebate sites like Rakuten (was Ebates), TopCashBack, CouponCabin give a higher cashback rate during the holiday season. Last year, Ebates raised their usual 33% cashback rate for Tracfone purchases to 66% for a few days. Heck of a deal.
    It was indeed a heck of a deal, and it tempted me into buying a few phones. I think Ebates/Rakuten's 'standard' cashback offer is only 4.5% or so on Tracfone group phones-- it had been at 33% most of the holiday period last year, though. I'm hoping they repeat it this year!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    I think Ebates/Rakuten's 'standard' cashback offer is only 4.5% or so on Tracfone group phones-- it had been at 33% most of the holiday period last year, though. I'm hoping they repeat it this year!
    Ebates/Rakuten has significantly reduced their cashback rate for TF purchases to 4.5%. Previously, it was 11% (until recently). Last holiday season, they tripled it to 33%, then for a day or two doubled that to 66%.

Feedback Score
    Hi.
    I just wanted to give a quick report on what I ended up buying.

I went ahead and bought the Motorola Moto G6 (XT1925DL) from the Tracfone website.
    With the NOV25 code, I got the phone for $74.99 + tax, and free shipping.
    I did not have to buy any service plan to get the 25% discount on the phone.
    I have been watching the Black Friday ads, and figured this was about as good a deal as I would see on the G6,
    I just hope I like it.

Can anyone recommend an (affordable) case that would protect the glass back on the G6?

Once again, great forum, and thank you all for your help.