Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Its official. Mike Sievert taking over as CEO as of May 1.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Its official. Mike Sievert taking over as CEO as of May 1.

It was posted on John Legere's and Sievert's Twitter this morning. I think this is a good move. Sievert has been there a long time with Legere and he knows how the company has to operate to get to the number 2 spot.

Feedback Score
    Safe bet that the merger is going through. They would not make such announcement if that wasn't dealt with.

Feedback Score
    We will have to see how he rocks a magenta jumpsuit and cape....

Feedback Score
    exactly.

This gives him 6 months to grow his hair.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    It was posted on John Legere's and Sievert's Twitter this morning. I think this is a good move. Sievert has been there a long time with Legere and he knows how the company has to operate to get to the number 2 spot.
    They don't have to be #2 just a strong enough #3 to force Verizon an at&t to make substantial changes not just moderate one. And I'm being generous with the moderate term

Feedback Score
    Legere's strength was his unpredictability.

He *definitely* isn't "one of them" (Randall Stephenson, etc.), and therefore they can't predict him. So when Legere does something THEY'D never do, they REact.

Keep 'em reacting, keep 'em wondering what weird, non-business-school move you might make next.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, T-Mobile did promise to keep Legere as CEO of the combined companies and they already broke that promise so yeah! What else will they lie about to get this merger approved?

Barron's 04/29/18 reporting on the filing for the merger: "T-Mobile’s CEO, John Legere, will be the CEO of the combined company, and T-Mobile's COO, Mike Sievert, will retain that role, as will current T-Mobile chairman, Tim Höttges. SoftBank chairman Masayoshi Son and Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure will serve on the board."....so much for that
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Safe bet that the merger is going through. They would not make such announcement if that wasn't dealt with.
    Sent from my SM-G975U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    And if Sievert needs assistance, I'm sure Marcello will have a lot of free time on his hands...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aa1127 View Post
    Well, T-Mobile did promise to keep Legere as CEO of the combined companies and they already broke that promise so yeah! What else will they lie about to get this merger approved?

Barron's 04/29/18 reporting on the filing for the merger: "T-Mobile’s CEO, John Legere, will be the CEO of the combined company, and T-Mobile's COO, Mike Sievert, will retain that role, as will current T-Mobile chairman, Tim Höttges. SoftBank chairman Masayoshi Son and Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure will serve on the board."....so much for that

Yeah I kind of lost faith in their promises also. Last I heard John would run the combined company. Then we heard rumors about him going to we work and now this.

I’m guessing they figured it would close a year ago and John would have a year or so to run it, and then bail. Most likely they knew he wouldn’t stay long after closing

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile has turned into liars basically. During the hearings their coverage maps were proven to be bogus, they got slammed on faking rural calls that never went through, and then they said john would run the company. I wouldn't trust anything they say at this point.

People fell for John's marketing hook line and sinker so that's why they feel jaded

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    T-Mobile has turned into liars basically. During the hearings their coverage maps were proven to be bogus, they got slammed on faking rural calls that never went through, and then they said john would run the company. I wouldn't trust anything they say at this point.
    Re-Carrier, not UnCarrier.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Well it was a good ride while it lasted. They did a massive transformation, spent the money to do it... and now are accountable to shareholders on return.

Legere would be good to run the new company, but I'd imagine they're gonna turn into being a lot more like AT&T than what anyone of us wants. Only time will tell though.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Well, T-Mobile did promise to keep Legere as CEO of the combined companies and they already broke that promise so yeah! .....

... "T-Mobile’s CEO, John Legere, will be the CEO of the combined company, ...
    Technically, JL only has to stay CEO of the combined company for a day to fulfill that promise.
    And OBTW, I think indentured servitude has been outlawed for a while. So, a company can't force someone to stay of they want to go.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score

So you are for forcing people to works job they no longer want? Kind of communist don't you think? So you're anti-merger? Parts of me wants this merger to not go through so when my prediction come true and the clusterf--k that ensure only makes Verizon and at&t stronger and more expensive I can say to people like you "I told you so"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Legere would be good to run the new company,
    no. His skill lies in doing what he's done for the past 7 years.

Now it's time to turn it over to someone who has the skill to manage the next stage in the corporate life of T-Mobile.

The two skill sets are different. Being good at one doesn't mean he would be good at the other.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast