Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Its official. Mike Sievert taking over as CEO as of May 1.

Feedback Score
    Within 6 months of his complete exit (no TM appearances etc.) JL will get a short haircut & starting wearing suits again.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Within 6 months of his complete exit (no TM appearances etc.) JL will get a short haircut & starting wearing suits again.
    It depends on the persona he needs to affect to carry out his new role. I tend to believe that he's been enjoying the leather-jacketed, trash-talking, bad-boy shtick and will continue it if possible.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    Sprint & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When did I say Legere should be forced to stay CEO? Nobody should ever be forced to do something they don't want which leads me to believe that they already knew at that point that he didn't intend to stay as CEO. Either way, this promise was made with Legere's approval if you think about it. You're also missing the point that if he wanted to leave, then why promise that he would remain CEO to regulators/the government? T-Mobile as a corporation made this a commitment in their filing for the merger and basically lied. And the second point is if they're willing to lie about this, then what other promises they are currently making to get this merger to go through are they willing to lie about? I'd like to see T-Mobile succeed, thrive and benefit the wireless industry but this isn't the way to go about it if they want any sort of credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    So you are for forcing people to works job they no longer want? Kind of communist don't you think? So you're anti-merger? Parts of me wants this merger to not go through so when my prediction come true and the clusterf--k that ensure only makes Verizon and at&t stronger and more expensive I can say to people like you "I told you so"
    Sent from my SM-G975U using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

Its official. Mike Sievert taking over as CEO as of May 1.

Quote Originally Posted by aa1127 View Post
    When did I say Legere should be forced to stay CEO? Nobody should ever be forced to do something they don't want which leads me to believe that they already knew at that point that he didn't intend to stay as CEO. Either way, this promise was made with Legere's approval if you think about it. You're also missing the point that if he wanted to leave, then why promise that he would remain CEO to regulators/the government? T-Mobile as a corporation made this a commitment in their filing for the merger and basically lied. And the second point is if they're willing to lie about this, then what other promises they are currently making to get this merger to go through are they willing to lie about? I'd like to see T-Mobile succeed, thrive and benefit the wireless industry but this isn't the way to go about it if they want any sort of credibility.

I’m a little disappointed John isn’t staying as ceo. I think mike will do a good job overall but it won’t quite be the same (to me at least). I know people come and go and that’s understandable but I’d like to see John stay as ceo at least a couple years after the deal gets the green light.

Business decisions need to be made so from that aspect it’s understandable that changes will happen so I wouldn’t ditch T-Mobile over John leaving like some have stated. If they start acting crazy then that would be a different story

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    End of an era.

He was really good for the company and consumers.

It will be interesting to see what his next move will be and if he continues to promote a similar personal image.

Sent from my F1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    no. His skill lies in doing what he's done for the past 7 years.

Now it's time to turn it over to someone who has the skill to manage the next stage in the corporate life of T-Mobile.

The two skill sets are different. Being good at one doesn't mean he would be good at the other.
    If there were ever a time to kick AT&T and Verizon in the behind.. it's NOW. T-Mobile will have the spectrum, site space, and revenue to really make them change their ways.

Keeping Legere around 12-24mos after to ensure that momentum keeps going would be the way to go... then they can "level out" and bring in Mike at that point.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Its official. Mike Sievert taking over as CEO as of May 1.

JL brought transparency to a broken/stale wireless industry and has been the most disruptive CEO in mobile.

The kind of rebel spirit pride John has instilled in his employees, a heavy customer focused service offering and the most memorable mobile network transformations over the past decade has made T-Mobile the most loved brand in wireless.

If you ever needed an example proving that company leaders DO matter; well JL should be on the top of that list.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    John will be missed, but I feel Mike now has the harder job. A lot of people think getting to no. 2 should be a priority and I disagree. The vast majority of consumers do not care who's 1,2 or 3 in customer count, they care about how much they pay and if they have service where they go. The number 1 complaint on TMobile is still coverage. Mike needs to find a way to make sure coverage improves, while keeping customers expectations on price in line with how TMobile had been in the past, all while keeping shareholders new expectations of record profits and revenue. That's not an easy job and I wish him luck going forward. It will be interesting to see how he handles it. I can see why John felt it was time to leave. He walks away the good guy, and in wireless consumer eyes the guy who was a maverick, if he would of stayed, and New TMobile moves more towards Verizon and At&t pricing and structure, he gets viewed as a sellout. Was a wise move to walk away now.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Here’s a great inspiring video on JL and his amazing management style:

https://youtu.be/-UqWtyIZBWQ

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Here’s a great inspiring video on JL and his amazing management style:

https://youtu.be/-UqWtyIZBWQ
    I think John did a great job. Sad to see him go but mike seems competent also

Hopefully at least some of the uncarrier sticks around

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aa1127 View Post

They announced the merger in April 2018. I'm sure at that time they thought this merger would've been done a year ago. I'm sure they had every intention of John running the combined company, and John had every intention of running it. Get a grip on you better than thou attitude. A lot of things change in 2 years!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X304F using HoFo mobile app
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post
    They announced the merger in April 2018. I'm sure at that time they thought this merger would've been done a year ago. I'm sure they had every intention of John running the combined company, and John had every intention of running it. Get a grip on you better than thou attitude. A lot of things change in 2 years!
    TBH, I am not sure if this is accurate. The rumors from the start have been that Mike was taking over once the merger was completed. John leaving isn't surprising to anyone who has followed the TMobile subreddit, nor to any employees for the company. I'm not suggesting employees had any advanced knowledge of anything, the official word was kept a secret, but, the rumor was there that John was planning on stepping down once the merger was completed, and Mike was taking over. This rumor has been out there since the official merger announcement. I am not certain John ever had any intentions of running the merged companies. Though, I can't speak for him, but, the rumors were out there he wasn't going to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    So you are for forcing people to works job they no longer want? Kind of communist don't you think? So you're anti-merger? Parts of me wants this merger to not go through so when my prediction come true and the clusterf--k that ensure only makes Verizon and at&t stronger and more expensive I can say to people like you "I told you so"
    Not to mention that the whole idea of the name of the man at the top being involved in ANY way in the merger "negotiations" proves yet another one of countless examples of arrogant unqualified government elites flailing away with ham-hands in the entire process..... something that might well have been better if it had been quickly rubber-stamped.

"But Mr Chairman, shouldn't we require that the T-Mobile CEO limit this 'Magneto' color to his tie?"

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    He will be missed for sure. Hopefully Sievert is similarly disruptive. The past few years aren’t like they were from 2013-2016, that’s for sure... but the party can’t last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    He will be missed for sure. Hopefully Sievert is similarly disruptive. The past few years aren’t like they were from 2013-2016, that’s for sure... but the party can’t last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

I hope so too, but I'm seeing something like Apple's transition from Steve to Tim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2