Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Straight Talk CDMA Home Phone Obsolete as of December 31, 2019

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    FedEx wouldn't deliver mine without a direct signature, I even tried to sign the door tag and leave it on the door they wouldn't take it.

I was talking to them on my nest I told him it was just a $20. Chinese phone............. wouldn't leave it.

Feedback Score
    FedEx was supposed to deliver yesterday and didn't. Received notice "Delivery Not Attempted". Delivery scheduled for Saturday. FedEX truck just stopped at my house and watched him drop off a package. Thought for sure it was the phone. WRONG - it was something my spouse ordered that I was unaware of. Had I known it was not the phone, I would have gone outside and questioned the guy. I'm fed up with ST and FedEx. Haven't left house for 2 days. This is nuts for a $15 box.
    Last edited by jagator; 12-07-2019 at 02:27 PM. Reason: added info

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jagator View Post
    FedEx was supposed to deliver yesterday and didn't. Received notice "Delivery Not Attempted". Delivery scheduled for Saturday. FedEX truck just stopped at my house and watched him drop off a package. Thought for sure it was the phone. WRONG - it was something my spouse ordered that I was unaware of. Had I known it was not the phone, I would have gone outside and questioned the guy. I'm fed up with ST and FedEx. Haven't left house for 2 days. This is nuts for a $15 box.
    Are you in an apartment or condo building setup or some weird setup?

My brother lives on a street that is a sidewalk in real life, and he has issues with deliveries because some sites complain that his street does not exist even tho it is a valid address. Found out that some site does not have the street in their database as a real address. Funny thing is this area has been like this since the 1930's at least.

Feedback Score
    Well established residential address - same location 30 years. USPS, UPS, FedEX, Amazon are in neighborhood daily. In fact, all 4 delivery trucks were in my cul-de-sac at one time or another today.

Feedback Score

Straight Talk home phone

I called Straight Talk 3 times and got 3 different answers. I am not sure the ZTE Z723EL is going to help since it works on the CDMA frequency. My 4g signal at my house is only one bar. If the Verizon 4g signal is the same after January 1st I am probably going to go with the Verizon 4g home phone. That way I can purchase the Verizon 4g signal extender and my Straight Talk cell phones will also connect to the extender since I will be a Verizon customer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jagator View Post
    Well established residential address - same location 30 years. USPS, UPS, FedEX, Amazon are in neighborhood daily. In fact, all 4 delivery trucks were in my cul-de-sac at one time or another today.
    FedEx lost the package containing the phone base. Was on the phone with Straight Talk for 45 minutes trying to obtain a credit for the order or have a replacement order resent. What a hassle. It was difficult to understand the rep and when the call finally ended, I was still unsure what the end result will be. I'm going to wait another few days and will probably go with the Consumer Cellular home phone base. Their ZTE phone runs off AT&T towers and will need to have the number ported.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    jagator, did you order the product with a credit or debit card ?? You could always request your bank do a charge back if you don't receive the item and Straight Talk doesn't resolve the issue in a satisfactory manner. Make certain to document who, when and the resolution offered in every Straight Talk conversation to back you up. Don't bother trying to resolve this with FedEx yourself as they will only work with the shipper for this type of issue. Best wishes.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    jagator, did you order the product with a credit or debit card ?? You could always request your bank do a charge back if you don't receive the item and Straight Talk doesn't resolve the issue in a satisfactory manner. Make certain to document who, when and the resolution offered in every Straight Talk conversation to back you up. Don't bother trying to resolve this with FedEx yourself as they will only work with the shipper for this type of issue. Best wishes.
    Yes, that is my plan if ST doesn't resolve the issue in a few days.

Coincidentally, FedEx was supposed to deliver a package from Walmart to my elderly parents this past Monday. Hasn't arrived yet. I called WM yesterday and in 15 minutes, WM rep resolved issue. Already received confirmation number and delivery tracking (not FedEx this time) for replacement products. ST could use a few lessons on how to handle customer service issues.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stee View Post
    I called Straight Talk 3 times and got 3 different answers. I am not sure the ZTE Z723EL is going to help since it works on the CDMA frequency. My 4g signal at my house is only one bar. If the Verizon 4g signal is the same after January 1st I am probably going to go with the Verizon 4g home phone. That way I can purchase the Verizon 4g signal extender and my Straight Talk cell phones will also connect to the extender since I will be a Verizon customer.
    The ZTE Z723EL is not CDMA, and it is LTE. I have one, and I get HD calling to it. Plus if you read the FCC files for the ZTE Z723EL, the FCC files only talk about LTE and VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    The ZTE Z723EL is not CDMA, and it is LTE. I have one, and I get HD calling to it. Plus if you read the FCC files for the ZTE Z723EL, the FCC files only talk about LTE and VoLTE.
    Ditto. I get VoLTE HD Voice between my ZTE Z723EL and a Verizon cellphone that has VoLTE HD Voice. That proves it. The ZTE Z723EL does not even have any CDMA capability.

The CS reps don't know what they are talking about when it comes to CDMA/VoLTE. It doesn't help that the product web page at ST still says: BAND (FREQUENCY) CDMA. That information is incorrect. As advcomp said, the FCC docs for the device shows that it only has VoLTE and we have proved that it uses VoLTE.

https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/e...-reconditioned

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I was doing some Walmart hopping yesterday, and ran into some clearance stuff info. The ZTE box and never seen Franklin box was on clearance for $13. For some reason, the uploader will not let me upload these photos. So I will need to use Dropbox for now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqpd603eva...31353.jpg?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzhfl7djr2...72848.jpg?dl=0

Feedback Score
    I was doing some Walmart hopping yesterday, and ran into some clearance stuff info. The ZTE box and never seen Franklin box was on clearance for $13. For some reason, the uploader will not let me upload these photos. So I will need to use Dropbox for now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqpd603eva...31353.jpg?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzhfl7djr2...72848.jpg?dl=0
    Interesting - should have purchased the ZTE's and sold on ebay!

Feedback Score

Straight Talk

Straight Talk's website states it works on CDMA frequency. Thanks for the information. I will look to go that route. My concern is my low 4g signal. I wish Walmart in my area still sold these. I could take it back if it did not work.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stee View Post
    Straight Talk's website states it works on CDMA frequency. Thanks for the information. I will look to go that route. My concern is my low 4g signal. I wish Walmart in my area still sold these. I could take it back if it did not work.
    Like said before, Straight Talk's site was poorly wrote up. Here is the FCC files that has the info that says it is LTE only and has VoLTE too. You might need to click on "RF Exposure" for the most info.

Another thing with the home phone boxes is that since they use external antennas, they receive and transmit a bit better then a normal cell phone.

Feedback Score
    Like said before, Straight Talk's site was poorly wrote up. Here is the FCC files that has the info that says it is LTE only and has VoLTE too. You might need to click on "RF Exposure" for the most info.

Another thing with the home phone boxes is that since they use external antennas, they receive and transmit a bit better then a normal cell phone.
    You can also place the Homebase in an optimal position where signal is the best in the house. For me this is at a particular window. Signal there is excellent. Three feet inside the house it drops to just ok. The difference for AT&T and Sprint is even more dramatic. At the window they work. Anywhere a few feet inside the house they are unusable.

If AT&T signal is better where you are, there is an AT&T version of the Homebase. Consumer Cellular sells the box and service for it. That one is not VoLTE. AT&T is expected to continue 3G voice for a couple of years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast