Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Straight Talk CDMA Home Phone Obsolete as of December 31, 2019

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My moms H258C started dropping calls right and left the past 2 weeks so I replaced with the Z723EL now all is well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoDan View Post
    My moms H258C started dropping calls right and left the past 2 weeks so I replaced with the Z723EL now all is well.
    I was hoping to get a reconditioned Z723EL but ST is out of stock. I don't know how often they get back in stock. Better spring for a new one!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jagator View Post
    I was hoping to get a reconditioned Z723EL but ST is out of stock. I don't know how often they get back in stock. Better spring for a new one!
    The $20 refurbs come and go being available - no way to know when. Check occasionally over days-weeks if you can afford to wait. Otherwise, $30 more for a new one isn't much for something that will be used for years.

I got lucky. The day I decided to pull the trigger on buying one they were available. Works great.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That's what I got, it looks like new.

I just checked and it's available again to me anyway

https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/e...lk/homephones/

Feedback Score
    That's what I got, it looks like new.

I just checked and it's available again to me anyway

https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/e...lk/homephones/
    Thanks - must have come back in stock after 5pm last night as that was the last time I checked. Just placed the order.

Feedback Score
    Did you receive a notice from ST that your Huawei phone will not be usable by a specific date? We've received no notice and reading the Verizon site info indicates the change won't take effect until December 2020. This issue is not being handled well by ST/Tracfone.

Let us know how the activation goes.
    When I went to add minutes for the month there was a notice that pointed to a url that didn't work so I had to call and ask what it was about and they told me the home phone may start having issues now and will not work after December 2019.

Feedback Score
    Good call.

Verizon's statement about CDMA availability is that it will continue until the end of 2020, but only AS-IS, WHERE-IS. They have not installed any CDMA for years and repair/replace of any that fails generally isn't being done.

It's time to get off Verizon CDMA. It can be here today and gone tomorrow when you need it.

Feedback Score
    Did you receive a notice from ST that your Huawei phone will not be usable by a specific date? We've received no notice and reading the Verizon site info indicates the change won't take effect until December 2020. This issue is not being handled well by ST/Tracfone.

Let us know how the activation goes.
    Just activated the new ZTE box by working with customer rep. Took longer because she was convinced that I should have received new telephone cord in the box and I could not use the old one (not the case).

Everything appears to be working fine - number ported over. I asked her why the ZTE says cdma when cdma is going away and she said Verizon cdma is not going away - don't worry. We know this isn't true but hopefully I'll get a year out of the ZTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eskiegirl View Post
    Just activated the new ZTE box by working with customer rep. Took longer because she was convinced that I should have received new telephone cord in the box and I could not use the old one (not the case).

Everything appears to be working fine - number ported over. I asked her why the ZTE says cdma when cdma is going away and she said Verizon cdma is not going away - don't worry. We know this isn't true but hopefully I'll get a year out of the ZTE.
    No phone cord came with my refurb box. Any ordinary phone cord works. Aside from the RJ plug they are about as low-tech as it gets.

The ZTE z723el is Verizon VoLTE not CDMA as best we can tell, despite what the Straight Talk web page might say. At this point Verizon will not activate any CDMA only devices.

Feedback Score
    Can't get accurate information from any of the Straight Talk reps. Each rep seems to be working from a different script.
    Makes me wonder how ST stays in business.

Feedback Score
    Can't get accurate information from any of the Straight Talk reps. Each rep seems to be working from a different script.
    Aside from online purchases, they do it one WalMart shopper at a time under the umbrella of America Movil (Tracfone).

Fortunately I did not have to interact with the reps to purchase or activate mine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    No phone cord came with my refurb box. Any ordinary phone cord works. Aside from the RJ plug they are about as low-tech as it gets.

The ZTE z723el is Verizon VoLTE not CDMA as best we can tell, despite what the Straight Talk web page might say. At this point Verizon will not activate any CDMA only devices.
    Vo

When I call my cell (smart phone) from the zte phone, the HD symbol on my cell phone lights up so VoLTE seems right.

Feedback Score
    I am sick of seeing this VoLTE fiasco drag on and on confusing people. Would have been better for Verizon to pull the plug as originally planned, but seems they were not ready yet for their own customers. Yes, the Tracfone companies have done a lousy job with passing on what they did know.

Have the other MVNOs done any better? Verizon has never said anything about their policies affecting the MVNOs. Pretty poor performance for what should be considered an essential public utility. Problem with those in poor coverage areas is that Verizon is often the only choice. No competition.

Feedback Score
    My reconditioned box is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow by FedEX. The brains at the facility sending the unit require a DIRECT delivery signature meaning someone over 21 must be home to sign for the package. I can't have a neighbor sign for it, have it delivered to an alternate FedEx site , or attach a signed release form at the door. I have no idea the time frame for delivery, but I will not be home part of the day, so I may be SOL Boy, this company really knows how to make things difficult! We're not talking about a high end android or iphone delivery! Geez.

Feedback Score
    My reconditioned box is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow by FedEX. The brains at the facility sending the unit require a DIRECT delivery signature........
    Since it's FedEx I wouldn't worry. Never known them to care about a signature even if it's suppose to be required. I'd worry more about them even finding an address. Had 2 cases that were suppose to get a signature. One was on my porch when i got home. On the other I checked the tracking and it said delivered but I didn't have it. Found it 2 days later hanging on a gate post of an abandoned property 1/4 mile down the road.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast