Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S7

Feedback Score

Galaxy S7

Unless this has been brought up already. I came across this on Amazon. It's a bundle of the S7 (32 gb), a Gear Sport Smartwatch, and 1500 Minutes, 1500 Text, 1.5GB Data, 1 Year of Service for $250. I do not need another phone, and do not know anything about this phone, but it seems like a good deal. I believe the watch itself is $150.

https://www.amazon.com/Tracfone-Smar...110033&sr=8-21

Feedback Score
    i believe the smartwatch cannot yet be activated on tracfone.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    i believe the smartwatch cannot yet be activated on tracfone.
    That smartwatch doesn't have the capability to work as a stand-alone phone. It connects by bluetooth to whichever phone it is paired with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That smartwatch doesn't have the capability to work as a stand-alone phone. It connects by bluetooth to whichever phone it is paired with.
    Also connects to a phone using WiFi. May have to be on the same network as the phone, and not sure if it can send/receive calls that way like on Bluetooth.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    As a reference - Tracfone has the S7 listed on sale as a pre-black Friday deal for $149.99
    If you add any airtime to the phone purchase and use code NOV25 you will receive 25% off of the phone`s price (Tracfone.com).
    NOV25 said to be good thru 11/23.

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    definitely an intriguing bundle considering it's all new too plus a year of service with the mins/data as well...

I've become interested in those smartwatches over the past couple months, considered some budget ones, some claim they're "good enough", others claim they're crap. I just think it'd be pretty cool checking notifications,etc from the watch, I'll have to research this samsung one more if you can actually reply to messages/notifications,etc.

oh and of course being able to tell the time at a quick glance without having to reach and grab the phone out of my back pocket :P

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSnake91 View Post
    I've become interested in those smartwatches over the past couple months, considered some budget ones, some claim they're "good enough", others claim they're crap. I just think it'd be pretty cool checking notifications,etc from the watch, I'll have to research this samsung one more if you can actually reply to messages/notifications,etc.
    According to Samsung, the Gear Sport is call capable when paired to an active phone. Sounds like a capable smartwatch. Too bad it is only offered in blue, as there is a black model. Might be OK with a band change. Watch alone is $162 on Amazon, far more at Best Buy.
    https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/we...m-r600nzbaxar/

Feedback Score
    Does the Tracfone branded S7 still have wireless charging and a fingerprint scanner?

Will it also update to Android 9.0 ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    Does the Tracfone branded S7 still have wireless charging and a fingerprint scanner?

Will it also update to Android 9.0 ?
    Has a fingerprint scanner. Has wireless charging, but does not come with the Qi charger. These are from the FAQ on the TF website.

Only Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and can only go to 8.0 if you can even get OS updates on Tracfone.
    Last edited by loboheeler; 11-24-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Feedback Score
    Just got one in today. I believe this is the best phone you can get for Tracfone. Had this phone several years ago and it's still a decent little phone in late 2019

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    found the same bundle on ebay via TF for 199 earlier, tempting as I honestly have been wanting to try a smartwatch out.

I personally may just get the $30 e5 yearly hsn bundle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    As a reference - Tracfone has the S7 listed on sale as a pre-black Friday deal for $149.99
    If you add any airtime to the phone purchase and use code NOV25 you will receive 25% off of the phone`s price (Tracfone.com).
    NOV25 said to be good thru 11/23.
    I took advantage of that sale to replace my Galaxy S5 which didn't have VoLTE. For less than $140 total, it was a no brainer for me. Very nice phone at a fraction of it's original price when it came out in 2016.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    I took advantage of that sale to replace my Galaxy S5 which didn't have VoLTE. For less than $140 total, it was a no brainer for me. Very nice phone at a fraction of it's original price when it came out in 2016.
    Had the Verizon s7 a couple years ago, easily in my top 5.. Great phone and not ridiculously large!

Sent from my LML211BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Had the Verizon s7 a couple years ago, easily in my top 5.. Great phone and not ridiculously large!

Sent from my LML211BL using HoFo mobile app
    No doubt. I liked everything about the S5, so I knew the S7 would was the right choice for my next phone. And it's the same size, which is the sweet spot for me. Some of these new phones are getting ridiculously big. At least for me anyway.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    I liked everything about the S5, so I knew the S7 would was the right choice for my next phone. And it's the same size, which is the sweet spot for me. Some of these new phones are getting ridiculously big. At least for me anyway.
    Like you, I don't like phones that are too big. I have an LG Q6 which is about the same physical size as the Samsung S7. I really like it.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php...&idPhone2=7821

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast