Thread: FreedomPop - reactivate w/o Premium VIP?

Feedback Score

FreedomPop - reactivate w/o Premium VIP?

So I got careless and used up all my data by the end of my billing cycle; when the next cycle began, it triggered the dreaded "Alert: Your FreedomPop service is inactive due to an unforeseen technical issue. Please Click here to contact customer service." I duly submitted a ticket, but then got a canned email informing me that I have to subscribe to Premium VIP in order to get customer service support. Arrgh! I tried Twitter, but no response there either. Is there any way to get them to reactivate this account without VIP? And how stupid is it that merely using the data allotment puts my account on ice??

Feedback Score

Update

Quote Originally Posted by der_lizzard View Post
    So I got careless and used up all my data by the end of my billing cycle; when the next cycle began, it triggered the dreaded "Alert: Your FreedomPop service is inactive due to an unforeseen technical issue. Please Click here to contact customer service." I duly submitted a ticket, but then got a canned email informing me that I have to subscribe to Premium VIP in order to get customer service support. Arrgh! I tried Twitter, but no response there either. Is there any way to get them to reactivate this account without VIP? And how stupid is it that merely using the data allotment puts my account on ice??
    Twitter works! I sent message at 9pm last night, they responded at 11:30am and reset the account. That's a relief. I'll have to be more careful; if this happens over a weekend I'll be SOL until Monday midday, so good thing I've got 3 different FP SIM's with different cycle dates.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the report. Was this for a FP prepaid SIM?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thanks for the report. Was this for a FP prepaid SIM?
    This is the free plan, with auto-topoff turned off (used Safety Mode back in the day - best 21 cents I ever spent!! haha)

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by der_lizzard View Post
    This is the free plan, with auto-topoff turned off (used Safety Mode back in the day - best 21 cents I ever spent!! haha)
    It's good to know that Twitter DM still works for support, even on free plans, even if it takes a little time for a response. Thanks again for the report!