Thread: Samsung Galaxy J2 S260DL question

Feedback Score

Samsung Galaxy J2 S260DL question

https://shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tr...honedeal_11_19

Is this J2 any comparison to the J3 Luna Pro in size or quality? I saw it at the TF website for 59.99 and couldn't find much info on it on Google. It looks like the screen resolution isn't as good. Anyone have it and like it (or dislike it)?

Sent from my A576BL using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Thanks for the link. It's being offered at HSN with a year service according to a link at Turk Forums. It's hard to find smaller size smartphones (5") and that's one reason I'm interested in it. I may wait until it has more reviews and the price drops some. It would probably be okay for my use.

TF doesn't have any refurb deals on the old Samsung Luna Pro right now or it might be a better choice. I have one but it can't hurt to have a backup.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Interesting that they are adding the J2 after all this time with the higher J3 line.

Wonder if they'll add more of the J series phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Interesting that they are adding the J2 after all this time with the higher J3 line.

Wonder if they'll add more of the J series phones.
    It sounds like the J2 could be aimed at lower end/budget users. The lesser screen resolution was a hint of that.

A lot of people buy cheaper phones and it must be an important market for service providers who offer budget plans.

I like reading reviews and they tend to offer insights on why people buy certain phones. I was reading the reviews for the AT&T version of the phone at Best Buy and it sounded like a lot of comments that it was fairly basic.

I found this page that lists the J series models for anyone who might be interested. If the link works.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_J_series

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    It sounds like the J2 could be aimed at lower end/budget users.
    The whole J series is lower budget stuff.

Just the J2 is even lower than the J3. Seems odd to add the J2 now after several years with the J3. LG not getting it done? Better deal from Samsung?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    The whole J series is lower budget stuff.

Just the J2 is even lower than the J3. Seems odd to add the J2 now after several years with the J3. LG not getting it done? Better deal from Samsung?
    I really like my Samsung Luna Pro, it doesn't feel cheap to me, but I suspect this J2 won't compare. I've never bought a phone for over $100. I was trending towards bigger screen size like the Stylo 3 but decided i should stick with smaller ones for my active devices. Easier to get out of pocket and handle when outdoors. I'm outside atleast half the day. A flip and a small smartphone are best for me, but my Wifi devices can be bigger because I primarily use those indoors.

I don't need anything expensive, so the lower end phones are what i usually consider. I may try the J2 if reviews aren't too bad.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Did say they were bad. Just the J series is a low budget line.

Most of the Moto line is too. The Moto G has eeked into midrange territory, but barely.

That said I've used a few Moto Es and now have a Moto G5+ (great 3rd party ROMs).

But I've also spent time with a Galaxy S3 and LG G2 and 3. And as usable as the budget stuff is now it's certainly a long way from the flagship/high end stuff.

My old LG G2 was keeping up with the Moto G5+ despite being 4 years older. But something finally broke.

Feedback Score
    I just got a TF email notice that says the J2 this thread is about is going to be 34.99 at the TF website as a BF deal beginning November 27 but an asterisk note says plan purchase required.