Thread: LG Rebel 4 with 1500 bundle for $49.99 at HSN

Feedback Score

LG Rebel 4 with 1500 bundle for $49.99 at HSN

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    That's super. I bought the same bundle a year ago for $99, on "sale", and thought I was getting away with murder.

Feedback Score
    I was tempted to buy it yesterday to upgrade a Rebel 2 when HSN also had 20% off one item. But the Rebel 2 still has two full years of service days so I refrained.

Feedback Score
    Couldn't you move-and-consolidate from the Rebel 2 to the Rebel 4 via a chat?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    Couldn't you move-and-consolidate from the Rebel 2 to the Rebel 4 via a chat?
    I don't have to do that if I bought Rebel 4 and activated it with the Rebel 2's phone number. The original balance will be added to the new phone. But three years is too long and the Rebel 2 also has about 9000 minutes/9000 texts/9GB already.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, ATT
    Feedback Score
    Rebel is SOLD OUT

I had to chose between the Motorola Moto e5 & the Rebel.

easy choice now !

$32.04 with tax for the Moto e5

will replace my old trusted Samsung S390 : NO SERVICE anymore [3G]

https://slickdeals.net/f/13603213-hs...src=SiteSearch

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    I don't have to do that if I bought Rebel 4 and activated it with the Rebel 2's phone number. The original balance will be added to the new phone.
    Could you clarify this? How would you have "activated it?" Asking because what I describe is exactly how I have handled two HSN TF-branded phone purchases with bundles in the past.

In each case I had an existing phone on TF. I purchased a phone with a bundle off HSN. I used chat to move the service (i.e., the old phone number) to the new bundle phone, and to consolidate the buckets from the old phone with the bundle on the new phone.

I used chat so there was a clear record (in the transcript, posted by the rep whom I had asked to look it up) of pre-transfer bucket amounts, bundle bucket amounts, and consolidated bucket amounts, and because some folks had suggested that self-service via the website was not always to be trusted.

So, it's not a matter of "avoiding" having to do something; it is a matter of doing the transfer in a way that TF can't easily wiggle-out of giving you everything that you've paid for is something blows-up at their end. Doing it in a way that provides insurance, if you will...

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    Could you clarify this? How would you have "activated it?" Asking because what I describe is exactly how I have handled two HSN TF-branded phone purchases with bundles in the past.
    What you and Rick said is the same thing. Basically, you activate the new phone with a transfer of service (phone number, buckets, days) from your current phone to the new phone, then the bundled units/days get added to the current buckets/days.

If done via chat/call then you tell the rep what you want to do. If done online by yourself, when you select ACTIVATE the site will ask if you want a new number or "keep your phone number". When you select "keep your phone number" and provide your current phone number, the site will do the activation with a transfer.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    QVC.com has been offering the same deal: Tracfone LG Rebel 4 5" Smartphone with 1500 Talk/Text/Data for $49.98. Except today, I see, they have tacked on $5.50 for S/H.

However if you are new to QVC, you can get $10 off with promo code: TAKE10 (restrictions apply).

https://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.E233...iABEgK2rvD_BwE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    What you and Rick said is the same thing...
    Which I'd actually intended to say (or ask) myself, thinking that might be the case, but then ... I forgot. ;-P