Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wifi calling and HD Voice on Verizon

Feedback Score
    On Verizon there are many non Verizon phones that do WiFi calling and VoLTE. My Galaxy S10e does. Now AT&T is a different story. If it is not Apple no go. A few BYOD Android devices will do VoLTE but not WiFi calling.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Only WiFi calling and Video Calling are the features that are exclusive on the branded phones.

Who cares? Everyone has many other apps to choose from to communicate over data - Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Google Voice...

PS: MVNO's have also introduced RCS Universal Profile in Google Mesages, that allows similar functionality over data
    Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    On Verizon there are many non Verizon phones that do WiFi calling and VoLTE. My Galaxy S10e does. Now AT&T is a different story. If it is not Apple no go. A few BYOD Android devices will do VoLTE but not WiFi calling.
    VoLTE, this is true out of necessity. Verizon’s certification process basically handles VoLTE testing.

WiFi Calling not so much true, due to Verizon’s system disabling features by device IMEI. Mostly WiFi Calling support is restricted to Verizon-inventoried models or those unlocked models that are similar. iPhones, Pixels and some Samsung Galaxy phones tend to be better supported that those in less popular brands like Motorola and LG. (This is why your Galaxy s10e works, because it is a similar model.)
    People root and/or install Verizon-branded firmware on some devices to get WiFi Calling working, but that requires steps that some would consider unnecessary. Verizon is restricting the feature when the IMEI is checked, even on those they have certified to work on Verizon LTE.

OnePlus is not officially supported for WiFi Calling, but has VoLTE. Same with Razer, Nokia 7.1 (7.2 is possibly getting support) and Essential phones. I can find more models on Verizon Open Development certified list that doesn’t support WiFi Calling by searching reports on reddit and even Verizon’s community forum.

Can you provide a list of unlocked phones that are Verizon certified, but not Verizon-sourced (so no Pixels, iPhones or Samsung Galaxies), supporting WiFi Calling? I’m genuinely curious about this.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    VoLTE, this is true out of necessity. Verizon’s certification process basically handles VoLTE testing. WiFi Calling not so much true, due to Verizon’s system disabling features by device IMEI. Mostly WiFi Calling support is restricted to Verizon-inventoried models or those unlocked models that are similar. iPhones, Pixels and some Samsung Galaxy phones tend to be better supported that those in less popular brands like Motorola and LG. (This is why your Galaxy s10e works, because it is a similar model.) People root and/or install Verizon-branded firmware on some devices to get WiFi Calling working, but that requires steps that some would consider unnecessary. Verizon is restricting the feature when the IMEI is checked, even on those they have certified to work on Verizon LTE. OnePlus is not officially supported for WiFi Calling, but has VoLTE. Same with Razer, Nokia 7.1 (7.2 is possibly getting support) and Essential phones. I can find more models on Verizon Open Development certified list that doesn’t support WiFi Calling by searching reports on reddit and even Verizon’s community forum. Can you provide a list of unlocked phones that are Verizon certified, but not Verizon-sourced (so no Pixels, iPhones or Samsung Galaxies), supporting WiFi Calling? I’m genuinely curious about this.
    maybe you need to setup WIFI calling for it to work - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...-calling-faqs/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2