Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 125

Thread: Verizon 4G LTE Speed Test Results: Round 2

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here are some speed tests from around Lansing. Did some mapping on Cellmapper as well.

    Name:  Screenshot_20200215-224824_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  49.5 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20200215-224853_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  35.5 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20200215-221525_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  53.4 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20200215-221545_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  30.8 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20200215-221100_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  48.8 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20200215-221128_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  44.9 KB

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,097
    Feedback Score
    0
    Verizon 5G next to the Coca cola museum Atlanta, GA. Sent to me from my friend down there.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,123
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Some inconsistencies from 3 different cell sites today in Sparks, Nevada. All tests performed from within 1/4 mile of the sites. The bottom 2 tests are from 2 different sectors from the same site - obviously a problem going on with that site.



    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,123
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon 4G LTE Speed Test Results: Round 2

    Macro cell record for me in Reno - from a recently upgraded site located at the Silver Legacy resort in downtown.

    B4 (15 MHz) + B66 (10) + B13 (10) + B2 (5).




    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,097
    Feedback Score
    0
    Brand new iPhone 11 Pro Max late at night inside my house. Way better then my old Xs Max.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,123
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon 4G LTE Speed Test Results: Round 2

    Some tests while traveling along Interstates 80 & 580 in Reno this morning. No congestion at 7AM. I’ve seen a noticeable improvement in speeds lately - particularly more sites >90 Mbps likely due to fiber being deployed to more sites.



    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    109
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    Brand new iPhone 11 Pro Max late at night inside my house. Way better then my old Xs Max.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Way better. . . on WiFi?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,097
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    Way better. . . on WiFi?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I turned the WiFi back on after the test. My WiFi is 400/20 so this test would have been better if it was my WiFi.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm back in Lansing tonight and more B48 has gone live. It appears they deployed this on a macro site because it has pretty good range. Mapped it on my 5G Note 10 so hopefully this will show up on Cellmapper.

    Name:  Screenshot_20200222-213820_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  46.1 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20200222-213827_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  43.9 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20200222-213856_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  20.3 KB
    Last edited by 10mm; 02-23-2020 at 12:21 AM.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,123
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20200222-213827_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  43.9 KB
    Interestingly the B48 carriers have different PCIs than the other bands shown. I wonder if that’s due to being unlicensed spectrum, or aggregating with another site?


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    Interestingly the B48 carriers have different PCIs than the other bands shown. I wonder if that’s due to being unlicensed spectrum, or aggregating with another site?


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    That' is a good question. All the PCIs on 48 from the pic I posted at the top of this page are the same though. It does appear they are aggregating different LTE carriers from different sites in some areas now. Around Lansing there a number of ones with different PCIs with the 66+13 combo.

    This last pic does appear to be a macro site.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,294
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Earlier today by Gander Outdoors in Clinton Twp, MI.

    Name:  Screenshot_20200225-134319_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  38.3 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20200225-134327_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  53.6 KB

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,123
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Earlier today by Gander Outdoors in Clinton Twp, MI.

    Name:  Screenshot_20200225-134327_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  53.6 KB
    After comparing your last 2 posts it's interesting that carrier aggregation bands 46 AND 48 both have different PCIs than the licensed bands.

    Another observation I made is the difference in RSRP between the different bands:

    B13 (.7 Ghz): -59
    B66 (2.1 Ghz): -68
    B46 (5 Ghz) : -109 avg (41 dBm lower than B66, 50 dBM lower than B13)

    B13 (.7 Ghz): -77
    B2 (1.9 Ghz): -76
    B66 (2.1 Ghz): -88
    B48 (3.5 Ghz): -112 (24 dBM lower than B66, 35 dBm lower than B13)

    Conclusion: Assuming all readings were coming from the same cell site, as expected B48 (3.5 Ghz) has noticeably worse RSRP than the currently licensed bands, but noticeably better than B46 (5 Ghz).

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,258
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    After comparing your last 2 posts it's interesting that carrier aggregation bands 46 AND 48 both have different PCIs than the licensed bands.

    Another observation I made is the difference in RSRP between the different bands:

    B13 (.7 Ghz): -59
    B66 (2.1 Ghz): -68
    B46 (5 Ghz) : -109 avg (41 dBm lower than B66, 50 dBM lower than B13)

    B13 (.7 Ghz): -77
    B2 (1.9 Ghz): -76
    B66 (2.1 Ghz): -88
    B48 (3.5 Ghz): -112 (24 dBM lower than B66, 35 dBm lower than B13)

    Conclusion: Assuming all readings were coming from the same cell site, as expected B48 (3.5 Ghz) has noticeably worse RSRP than the currently licensed bands, but noticeably better than B46 (5 Ghz).
    CBRS has 4 times the range of WiFi . So expect nearly 4 times the range of LAA. My guesstimate with be 400-500 yards for CBRS

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Posts
    738
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    CBRS has 4 times the range of WiFi . So expect nearly 4 times the range of LAA. My guesstimate with be 400-500 yards for CBRS
    Would that be from a small cell or a Macro.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon 4G LTE Speed Test Results: POST EM' HERE!
    By skippinjack in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 15862
    Last Post: 11-22-2019, 08:55 AM
  2. Verizon *3G EVDO* Speed Test Results: POST EM' HERE!
    By TC_Mits in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 04:49 AM
  3. Post your Verizon 4G LTE speed's :)
    By Guest 171 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 07:10 AM
  4. EVDO Speed Test Results Post Here. is yours also slow?
    By CalgaryMobiles in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 01:10 AM
  5. LG 5450 WAP Speed test results. Post your test results.
    By Nokia 6188 in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 10:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks