Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Verizon 4G LTE Speed Test Results: Round 2

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Yes I had an XS and the screen was shot. So I decided to upgrade to the 12 pro.
    If you’re prone to breaking your screen I’ve read that the new ceramic shield screen is worth the upgrade.

To keep with the topic of the thread, here’s a speed test from my home site with the X55 modem in my new Pixel 5. The MVNO is Red Pocket, but speeds have historically been on par with postpay Verizon on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. The upload is quite possibly the fastest I’ve seen on this site by a small margin.

Interestingly the 5G indicator displays whenever connected to AWS and 1900 bands, but SignalCheck Pro doesn’t show a 5G connection.

Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Feedback Score

Verizon 4G LTE Speed Test Results: Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    If you’re prone to breaking your screen I’ve read that the new ceramic shield screen is worth the upgrade.

To keep with the topic of the thread, here’s a speed test from my home site with the X55 modem in my new Pixel 5. The MVNO is Red Pocket, but speeds have historically been on par with postpay Verizon on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. The upload is quite possibly the fastest I’ve seen on this site by a small margin.

Interestingly the 5G indicator displays whenever connected to AWS and 1900 bands, but SignalCheck Pro doesn’t show a 5G connection.

Yes the phone is showing ULI ( upper layer indicator). Whenever you are on Bands 2 or 66 as PCC and are in a 5G “area” it will show “5G”. Doesn’t matter whether the site has b5 or not , if it’s capable to aggregate with their DSS it will show.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bradpgh47 View Post
    Outside the Wyndham Grand Downtown Pittsburgh.
    Attachment 167074

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I was there years ago for a Lions Steelers game. Great hotel and city. Those are amazing speeds I assume CBRS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I was there years ago for a Lions Steelers game. Great hotel and city. Those are amazing speeds I assume CBRS?
    Yes (66+48+48+48). There putting it on every small cell plus the macro site on the north shore

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bradpgh47 View Post
    Yes (66+48+48+48). There putting it on every small cell plus the macro site on the north shore

IMO they need to put it on most sites in most markets until they can get their hands on C band. T-Mobile is moving quick with 2.5 ghz so I don’t want to see Verizon fall behind.

Feedback Score

About 5 miles outside of Plattsburgh, NY

A few side notes about my iPhone 12 Pro on Verizon...

My phone (which is purchased directly from Verizon if it matters) seems to refuse to connect to CDMA 1x or 3G, even though I thought it was still supported. In areas my iPhone X only had 1x or 3G, now I just get no service. Anyone else experiencing this?

My phone is now much more willing to roam now, whereas before it would hang on to unusable Verizon 1x.

The field test mode doesn’t like to update very often. Sometimes it still has info from a couple days ago, even if I pull down to refresh it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THoAddict01 View Post

About 5 miles outside of Plattsburgh, NY

A few side notes about my iPhone 12 Pro on Verizon...

My phone (which is purchased directly from Verizon if it matters) seems to refuse to connect to CDMA 1x or 3G, even though I thought it was still supported. In areas my iPhone X only had 1x or 3G, now I just get no service. Anyone else experiencing this?

My phone is now much more willing to roam now, whereas before it would hang on to unusable Verizon 1x.

The field test mode doesn’t like to update very often. Sometimes it still has info from a couple days ago, even if I pull down to refresh it.
    I am experiencing the same thing. When I went from 11 Pro to 12, CDMA-LESS Roam Tier” was added to my account, so I’m assuming we simply don’t have access.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THoAddict01 View Post
    In areas my iPhone X only had 1x or 3G, now I just get no service. Anyone else experiencing this?

So, I realize these are early days, but this is an important observation. What you’re suggesting is that the new iPhone 12, as provisioned as you have described, is more likely to roam on 4G or LTE — if there is any — and is blocked (by provisioning) from using 1x / EVDO.

This would be a very significant change:
    1) who are these 4G/LTE roaming partners?
    2) is coverage on the whole better or worse?
    3) what speeds are seen while roaming?

In my case, on my XSM, I’ve never seen it roam. 1x, 3G, or NS. I know for certain in at least one instance Tmo was available when I had no Verizon service as I used an Airalo Tmo eSIM in that instance (this was back in August, New Tripoli, PA).

Sent from my iPhone XSM using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    So, I realize these are early days, but this is an important observation. What you’re suggesting is that the new iPhone 12, as provisioned as you have described, is more likely to roam on 4G or LTE — if there is any — and is blocked (by provisioning) from using 1x / EVDO.

In my case, on my XSM, I’ve never seen it roam. 1x, 3G, or NS. I know for certain in at least one instance Tmo was available when I had no Verizon service as I used an Airalo Tmo eSIM in that instance (this was back in August, New Tripoli, PA).

If i remember correctly from prior threads, Vzw roaming with non-cdma provisioning actually gives you roaming on at&t WCDMA and us cellular LTE if you have a band 12 device. Not sure about LTE on at&t.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post

1) I probably should have been more specific in my original post. I live on the Canadian border, so it roams on Rogers, Bell, and Telus (frequency in that order).
    2) Coverage is worse in fringe areas because now I get no service in situations where before I’d have a 3G or 1x service. However, in many situations where my phone would cling to unusable 1x before I now get a good HSPA+ or LTE signal.
    3) Speeds are anywhere from 4-40 Mbps when roaming. However, if I go over 512 MB roaming in a day, it goes down to an useable 0.01-0.06 Mbps for the remainder of the day.

Feedback Score

Verizon 4G LTE Speed Test Results: Round 2

Gotcha, thanks! Yes, full data plan roaming in Canada is definitely something I miss not being on AT&T any more. And full data plan TravelPass in EU.

Roaming on AT&T in the USA would be cool. Though coverage is usually similar to VZW. Although with FirstNet this may be changing

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    SFO airport on a non-congested Sunday morning. Pretty sure I was connected to an iDAS:

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post

Just so you know, the Pixel 5 uses the X52 modem, not X55. This means it is Cat 18 (1.2 Gbps peak LTE) as opposed to Cat 20 (2 Gbps peak LTE). This isn't a change from the Pixel 2 and 4 from the modem stand point.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Lots of spectrum on this small cell.

Name:  Screenshot_20201101-002430_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  34.2 KB
    Name:  1604246466609_Screenshot_20201101-002405_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  52.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20201031-231724_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  35.8 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20201031-231700_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  52.8 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Just so you know, the Pixel 5 uses the X52 modem, not X55. This means it is Cat 18 (1.2 Gbps peak LTE) as opposed to Cat 20 (2 Gbps peak LTE). This isn't a change from the Pixel 2 and 4 from the modem stand point.
    Thanks for the clarification. I recall reading an article when the Pixel 5 was announced that it had an x55, but it was obviously incorrect. Just found an interesting article that compares the 2 modems: https://wccftech.com/snapdragon-x55-...son-5g-modems/

I’ll likely never get to test speeds that will max out the Pixel 5 modem before I upgrade to a Pixel (7)? in two years.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast