Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Moto E5 With 1500 buckets & year service - $30.00

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSnake91 View Post
    amazing deal, ordered one last night....can't be beat for the price, years of service/texts/mins/data PLUS the e5?

I've always been a fan of the budget moto phones, the vanilla android keeps them running smooth with a little user maintenance done, sufficed as a daily driver, love the front flash, and even got compliments on pics taken with the e4

I never even used greenify or sd maid with the e4 when I daily drove it, would have performed even better, it was just always consistently smooth with a weekly cache reset and bi-weekly restart

4000mah battery should be a monster, the 2800mah in the e4 would last me all day, and could be topped off without taking forever too
    How long can we talk about a budget phone ?

Sent from my LML211BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    How long can we talk about a budget phone ?
    As long as that bugs you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Thanks. Glad I am not going even more crazy. Its very odd that they should design this phone that way. I wonder if the G6 is any better? I think I know of someone who has one....good tip on the pre-recorded line.
    (OK, using the prerecorded line trick, I had both phones on my desk on speaker fone and then ear piece. On speaker fone, the e5 was slightly lower than the LG G3, but there was a much greater difference on ear piece. My office has a low ambient noise level but out in the real world the lower volume would be an issue.
    How strange.

I have the exact opposite with the sound on my Moto e5s.

I find that the sound is superior on them, I have 2 of them from last years Black Friday deals.

I listen to podcasts and watch video streams on the Moto e5 because the sound is so very good from them.

Also listen to music on them.

And when talking to different people on speaker phone the sound is excellent.

Mine are the Simple Mobile Moto e5 version if that makes a difference.

I'm talking about the difference between the Moto e5 and the LG Fiesta 2.

My two main phones.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrrl1 View Post
    Sweet deal! However, I don’t need it and should/will stay away from it. Really this forum has too many temptations, LOL.
    I know exactly this feeling.
    I've been talking myself out of getting this deal and it's really been difficult.

I'll be strong.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I used an incognito browser session, and did not log in to my HSN account, and chose to pay via Paypal rather than my credit card, but I still got the message that the code NEW20 was invalid. So no deal for me.

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I never had any problems with sound/volume from any phone I've ever owned really, could always hear alright on calls or alerts. Am unsure on newer models though, I think I heard the same about e5 volume being low before, I know I read lots about it on the moto g5 plus when it was the de-facto budget phone for the price awhile back, but others said it was ok so maybe it depends on the person or electronics in general can be luck of the draw as well. I remember way back when I got the j3 sky nearly every review was 1 star on some sites it seemed saying it had sim read errors(same complaint with many galaxy budget phones at the time now that I think about it) yet I never had that problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    I used an incognito browser session, and did not log in to my HSN account, and chose to pay via Paypal rather than my credit card, but I still got the message that the code NEW20 was invalid. So no deal for me.
    I believe it is the payment method (and maybe the email address too). Use a different email address and credit card (not the same one in Paypal). I have done that a couple of times last year but I am not sure if HSN has tightened it up since.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    I believe it is the payment method (and maybe the email address too). Use a different email address and credit card (not the same one in Paypal). I have done that a couple of times last year but I am not sure if HSN has tightened it up since.
    I changed payment method, email address and phone number but didn't change delivery address.
    Order went through, then I got an email saying it was canceled. Charge says pending on my card 5 days later, the order they didn't cancel no longer says pending on my credit card activity.

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I guess my recent move and different card and email is what let mine go through, I was going to harvest a cheap TF phone/min bundle anyway, this just saved 20 bucks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    I changed payment method, email address and phone number but didn't change delivery address.
    Order went through, then I got an email saying it was canceled. Charge says pending on my card 5 days later, the order they didn't cancel no longer says pending on my credit card activity.
    All my HSN purchases were with the same address and phone number because that was the information on file with the credit cards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    All my HSN purchases were with the same address and phone number because that was the information on file with the credit cards.
    Did you use NEW20 more than once?

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    I used it twice. Different email, same address with different phone numbers.

Feedback Score
    Yes. Not the code "NEW20" but whatever it was last year, or the year before.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I used it twice. Different email, same address with different phone numbers.
    I did that and got cancellation emails, claiming I gave them the wrong expiration date on my Visa card. I hope it wasn't because they tried to retroactively revoke the $20 discount and got declined (the cards would only allow the original purchase amount).

Feedback Score
    The deal is still working today with the code NEW20 for $29.95. I was a new HSN customer. There was $5 shipping and state sales tax. Some of the case colors are not available. Eh, whatever.

I needed an better backup phone than my old 8 GB storage ones - Maven, Maven3, Alcatel Ideal. 8 GB doesn't cut it anymore. They run out of storage if I try to update a few apps. The Alcatel is particularly pathetic.

Anyone know what carrier this uses? I hope it is Verizon, but AT&T would be ok.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast