Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Moto E5 With 1500 buckets & year service - $30.00

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I'm having a hard time walking away from this deal.

But I'll try to be strong.
    I've decided not to buy any more cellphones, at least until Black Friday next year. I have too many usable phones already (LG G6, LG Q6, Moto E5, J3 Sky). Almost tempted to buy a 10" tablet, but I already have two working 8" tablets. Don't need another one. I did buy the $39.99 TF airtime deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSnake91 View Post
    Is it very much trouble or does it just take awhile to transfer from ATT to Verizon TF service....then I suppose waiting a day later to transfer back to my byop sim? Nothing against the e5 but my daily driver is a flagship v35 I use via att byop tf sim I got on an amazing deal back in the summer and I've gotten used to the speed lol
    You would need a new AT&T SIM upon going back. They don't reactivate.

Feedback Score
    Good to know that I'm not the only one.
    These deals are just far too tempting.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I've decided not to buy any more cellphones, at least until Black Friday next year. I have too many usable phones already (LG G6, LG Q6, Moto E5, J3 Sky). Almost tempted to buy a 10" tablet, but I already have two working 8" tablets. Don't need another one. I did buy the $39.99 TF airtime deal.
    Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    thx for the info, a byop pack is about 5 bucks on amazon, some places swore the sim packs are very cheap at places like dollar general, I can stop there and check

Feedback Score
    The SIM packs are $1 all over the place.

Including eBay Tracfone.

If you just need AT&T, I believe website Tracfone has them for one cent. Not sure how that works though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfoner69 View Post
    No, the service minutes/time is tied to the SIM.
    I know it’s a little off topic, but if I want to use for example, the Samsung J3 orbit device (I’d like to switch between these two phones) all I have to do is take the SIM card out of the Moto E phone & put it into the Samsung phone). Is that correct?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    This is not the season to be strong... it leads to opt outers regrets.
    Like hpham I have a lot of useful phones that I should be setting up and using.

These deals are just too good. And have been for a while.

I don't even talk on the phone very much so it's kind of pointless to keep buying more and more.

Hard enough trying to keep track of what phone has which service and how long until I have to top up again. That's specifically referring to my 3 T-Mobile prepaid lines.

My Tracfone service is quite far out to 2023 and I have a lot of minutes and texts and data on the one line.

Then I have a Truphone line that I never really use but keep getting voice mail from a Chinese lady from a California phone number.

I have to draw the line somewhere.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I've been getting some odd voicemails on my Truphone # from a few different US phone #s, too.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad that Truphone doesn't charge me for those.
    Just sends them to my email and I listen to them through the link sent.

It's always the same woman.
    And she goes on and on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I've been getting some odd voicemails on my Truphone # from a few different US phone #s, too.
    Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    was able to get tracfone byop sim for $1 at family dollar, the dollar general only had total wireless, and walmart didn't have any. They used to be $1 on amazon but were nearly 6 bucks when I looked yesterday. Now I'm all prepared when the e5 comes in

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctechogirl View Post
    if I want to use for example, the Samsung J3 orbit device (I’d like to switch between these two phones) all I have to do is take the SIM card out of the Moto E phone & put it into the Samsung phone). Is that correct?
    Since the J3 Orbit and the Moto E5 (in this deal) both use TF/Verizon, you can move the SIM between the two phones, as long as they use the same SIM size.

Feedback Score
    Sweet deal! However, I don’t need it and should/will stay away from it. Really this forum has too many temptations, LOL.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrrl1 View Post
    Sweet deal! However, I don’t need it and should/will stay away from it. Really this forum has too many temptations, LOL.
    I have an e5 as a backup phone and I like it so much I have another HSN NIB e5 in stock. This deal of $50 is a steal as the time alone is worth that. I do have issues with the phone, though. It doesnt have lots of volume, IMHO, for TX, RX, or speaker phone. Also, the camera quality seems poor. My biggest issue since I live in a marginal area for Verizon and ATT is that for the same signal strength as measured on the LTE Discovery app or Network Cell info app on my LG g3 and the e5, its always harder to get enough signal to make a call on the e5. Perhaps that is the nature of CDMA vs GSM. I do love the phone for data work while traveling and I really love the fingerprint reader. Maybe the G6 would be a better phone for me.
    (another nit pick is that the signal strength bar graph on the top of the display shows "1/2 bars" when there is only -113 db coming into the receiver, which is pretty poor signal strength.)

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    I have an e5 as a backup phone and I like it so much I have another HSN NIB e5 in stock. I do have issues with the phone, though. It doesnt have lots of volume, IMHO, for TX, RX, or speaker phone.
    That has been my experience with the few Moto phones (E4, E5) that I have. I made test calls to my airport weather number. It's a recording, so the tonal quality is the same on each call. When using my LG phones, I could hear the message loud and clear. When using my Moto phones, I had to concentrate to hear the message. Volume on each phone was turned up to maximum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That has been my experience with the few Moto phones (E4, E5) that I have. I made test calls to my airport weather number. It's a recording, so the tonal quality is the same on each call. When using my LG phones, I could hear the message loud and clear. When using my Moto phones, I had to concentrate to hear the message. Volume on each phone was turned up to maximum.
    Thanks. Glad I am not going even more crazy. Its very odd that they should design this phone that way. I wonder if the G6 is any better? I think I know of someone who has one....good tip on the pre-recorded line.
    (OK, using the prerecorded line trick, I had both phones on my desk on speaker fone and then ear piece. On speaker fone, the e5 was slightly lower than the LG G3, but there was a much greater difference on ear piece. My office has a low ambient noise level but out in the real world the lower volume would be an issue.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast