Thread: Tracfone said Triple Minutes can only be transferred to a Triple Minutes Phone

Feedback Score

Tracfone said Triple Minutes can only be transferred to a Triple Minutes Phone

They just told me this via On Line Chat. (I have a non-VOLTE Galaxy S4 and want to Xfer to an LG G6.)

Previously they said they could be transferred. And subsequently they said they could be transferred.

They also said my triple minutes phone only had double minutes.

Are these folks for real?

Feedback Score
    You mean you are trying to get a new sim for the G6?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nofer Trunnions View Post
    They also said my triple minutes phone only had double minutes.
    Was the S4 activated with a triple minutes SIM card? No smartphone was ever activated with double minutes, only older basic phones.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I bought a 3X BYOP Tracfone SIM for my S4. (The last rep said "... the Triple Minutes "follow" the phone number" - as opposed to what I wonder? ... could they be tied to a "Triple Minutes Phone"? So we might have two types of associations: BYOP SIM and Phone?)

Of course this guy said I had Double Minutes. HOWEVER, my account is all screwed up and I was NEVER was able to load minutes online or using the app - I always had to call in and get a rep to do it. I know there was a 3x minutes feature phone on my account but frankly, I hadn't heard of a 2x until this last conversation.

My bought a BYOP Tracfone SIM for my G6.

It will be interesting to see what happens when I transfer the phone number and minutes. I wish I knew because there is a possibility I could still buy 3X minutes for the S4 and then transfer them to the G6 which currently does not have 3X. (It seems that phones activated after a couple years ago DO NOT have a 3x capability. I was told if I even reactivated my S4 like with a new number, I would lose my 3X. In fact when I added minutes online, it was clear that the S4 had 3X options and the G6 did not - I had to get the 1 year 1500 minutes for $125 which was the closest to buying a $20 card every 3 months.

Feedback Score
    Activations of non-TMFL phones/SIMS often get TMFL on a transfer from a phone that had it. Hopefully your account will get straightened out on this transfer. Ridiculous to need CS to apply airtime!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I bought a 3X BYOP Tracfone SIM for my S4. (The last rep said "... the Triple Minutes "follow" the phone number" - as opposed to what I wonder? ... could they be tied to a "Triple Minutes Phone"? So we might have two types of associations: BYOP SIM and Phone?)

Of course this guy said I had Double Minutes. HOWEVER, my account is all screwed up and I was NEVER was able to load minutes online or using the app - I always had to call in and get a rep to do it. I know there was a 3x minutes feature phone on my account but frankly, I hadn't heard of a 2x until this last conversation.

My bought a BYOP Tracfone SIM for my G6.

It will be interesting to see what happens when I transfer the phone number and minutes. I wish I knew because there is a possibility I could still buy 3X minutes for the S4 and then transfer them to the G6 which currently does not have 3X. (It seems that phones activated after a couple years ago DO NOT have a 3x capability. I was told if I even reactivated my S4 like with a new number, I would lose my 3X. In fact when I added minutes online, it was clear that the S4 had 3X options and the G6 did not - I had to get the 1 year 1500 minutes for $125 which was the closest to buying a $20 card every 3 months.
    TMFL always came with the disclaimer that it was for the life of the phone and would not transfer.
    Are you aware you can get 1200/1200/3000/365 days for $39.99 without TMFL?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    TMFL always came with the disclaimer that it was for the life of the phone and would not transfer.
    TMFL can also follow the phone number as the TF rep said. I have a BYOP with a non-TMFL SIM that got it passed on from a TMFL Tracfone branded phone.

Yes, TMFL is not the value it once was. I stopped buying Basic airtime soon after the Smartphone cards came out. Even more options now.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just do not believe it to be policy, so you cannot complain if you do not get TMFL transferred. No harm in trying to talk them into doing it for you.

Feedback Score
    I just do not believe it to be policy, so you cannot complain if you do not get TMFL transferred. No harm in trying to talk them into doing it for you.
    There is policy that is not in the T&C. You can only get it from a CSR, and we all know how unreliable that can be! The system is unreliable too. Sometimes I get TMFL on the website and app, and sometimes not.

Feedback Score
    Where? Not on tracfone.com. This is what they have:

Classic Service Plans
    Stay the course with a Classic Service Plan. Add one today to keep the reliable service you’ve come to expect.

$118.75
    WITH AUTO-REFILL
    $125: 1.5 GB DATA 1500 MINUTES 1500 TEXTS 365 DAY PLAN

Feedback Score
    The Terms and Conditions have a paragraph on Double Minutes which may also be applicable to Triple minutes.

Feedback Score
    Tracfone's eBay Store has additional deals.

https://www.ebay.com/str/tracfonewir...057.m570.l1523

Feedback Score
    Where? Not on tracfone.com.
    On the Tracfone eBay store. There are versions of the offering, so you need the right link. This one does not have a carrier choice, so it is thought you would get a complete SIM kit and a stand alone airtime card.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...0AAOSwp1Bc5a~n