Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!, Round 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post

By the millennium falcon in Galaxy’s edge in Hollywood studios. Right by the AT&T cell site cleverly hidden

It’s mobbed so I’m pleased with the network here. Now outside the park by the busses? AT&T barely works on band 5 for some reason.
    I was out by IKEA and Costco, by the mall at millennia, and there were so many people that the network was all but useless. Full signal but unable to get any data to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harlenm77 View Post
    I was out by IKEA and Costco, by the mall at millennia, and there were so many people that the network was all but useless. Full signal but unable to get any data to work

AT&T has heavily struggled almost everywhere at Disney World. Sitting at Disney Springs again and it’s 1.24 down and 5 up. Add some small cells or something.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    AT&T has heavily struggled almost everywhere at Disney World. Sitting at Disney Springs again and it’s 1.24 down and 5 up. Add some small cells or something.
    Att sponsors Disney world, so it’s unacceptable that it doesn’t work well

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harlenm77 View Post
    Att sponsors Disney world, so it’s unacceptable that it doesn’t work well
    You do realize that the park has more than the average amount of users trying to access the network ?? Obviously, at times, connection speeds can be diminished depending on how many people are using that same towers. Enjoy the park and put the phone away......

At&t's sponsorship doesn't guarantee anything when it comes to cell phone connections.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    You do realize that the park has more than the average amount of users trying to access the network ?? Obviously, at times, connection speeds can be diminished depending on how many people are using that same towers. Enjoy the park and put the phone away......

At&t's sponsorship doesn't guarantee anything when it comes to cell phone connections.
    You do realize that you use the phone for navigating through the park, reserving fast passes, as well as ordering food?

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score

That's not a very good excuse. They should put more sites or small cells or something in to handle the load. It shouldn't be that hard, especially with their spectrum position. It's different if there's a one-off event that overloads networks, but Disney is busy much of the year, and even when it's not busy, there are a lot of people there.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Flushing main st. Complete gridlock.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Do you have any idea how much it costs to build and maintain a new cellular tower? Somehow I doubt it. Who knows, maybe there is a temporary outage affecting your access. I have no way to determine if there is a current outage. Reach out to customer service to ask if there is an issue. Have you tried to power cycle your phone ?

Try to enjoy the park despite the slow connection speed.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Do you have any idea how much it costs to build and maintain a new cellular tower? Somehow I doubt it. Who knows, maybe there is a temporary outage affecting your access. I have no way to determine if there is a current outage. Reach out to customer service to ask if there is an issue. Have you tried to power cycle your phone ?

Try to enjoy the park despite the slow connection speed.
    Typically $150k to build and a few $k a mo for lease, power, and backhaul, but it varies widely. Speeds like that are unacceptable at Disney. It's not like it's east bumblefrack. People pay top dollar for AT&T and Verizon service to have good, reliable service in most places, not a congested mess.

Feedback Score

AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!, Round 2

About 18 miles south of Disney World. Moving to FT Lauderdale area in 10 days

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Bayside Queen's NYC indoors on Bell Blvd. Very crowded on Thanksgiving eve. Traffic is a nightmare.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Bayside Queen's NYC indoors on Bell Blvd. Very crowded on Thanksgiving eve. Traffic is a nightmare.

On my tower in Forest Hills, NY, I have been kicked off the network then it came back on. Never had this happen before. Congestion or work on the network?

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    College Point/Malba Gardens, Queen's NYC. Right along the Whitestone expressway.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    On my tower in Forest Hills, NY, I have been kicked off the network then it came back on. Never had this happen before. Congestion or work on the network?
    Could of been a number of reasons. Hasn't happened to me. I was all over Queen's and Brooklyn today. Network was solid.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    That's not a very good excuse. They should put more sites or small cells or something in to handle the load. It shouldn't be that hard, especially with their spectrum position. It's different if there's a one-off event that overloads networks, but Disney is busy much of the year, and even when it's not busy, there are a lot of people there.
    Agreed. Weak excuse.

AT&T signed this agreement in 2013 and it was great for *years.* Now? It blows at DHS parking lot, half of magic kingdom, and most of Epcot. Even LOOKING at the macro at Grand Floridian Hotel...I get 40-50mbps. That would easily be 250 in philly. They have 40x40 of low band spectrum. Come on. It’s unacceptable.

Animal Kingdom Lodge lower level. I know Verizon barely works here and T/S don’t at all. Small cell / DAS at work here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast