Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!, Round 2

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Do you have any idea how much it costs to build and maintain a new cellular tower? Somehow I doubt it. Who knows, maybe there is a temporary outage affecting your access. I have no way to determine if there is a current outage. Reach out to customer service to ask if there is an issue. Have you tried to power cycle your phone ?

Try to enjoy the park despite the slow connection speed.
    I come here quite frequently. I know whatís normal. Itís Bs for the official provider to be useless in many spots. AT&T can pay up for more DAS.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Device(s)
    Galaxy s7 edge, nexus 6p as a backup
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    At work on black Friday

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    Agreed. Weak excuse.

AT&T signed this agreement in 2013 and it was great for *years.* Now? It blows at DHS parking lot, half of magic kingdom, and most of Epcot. Even LOOKING at the macro at Grand Floridian Hotel...I get 40-50mbps. That would easily be 250 in philly. They have 40x40 of low band spectrum. Come on. Itís unacceptable.
    40mbps is perfectly fine.... if they can deliver that over a large area. Single-digit speeds are not on a modern LTE network... it means it's overloaded. It sounds like they need to move away from macros and to small cell/DAS if the density of people is too high for a traditional macro network to support. If it's a matter of not having spectrum maxed out and not having enough backhaul... well then they need to fix that first and go from there. It's not like it's a one-off event- that place is busy basically year round.

Feedback Score
    Agreed. Weak excuse.

AT&T signed this agreement in 2013 and it was great for *years.* Now? It blows at DHS parking lot, half of magic kingdom, and most of Epcot. Even LOOKING at the macro at Grand Floridian Hotel...I get 40-50mbps. That would easily be 250 in philly. They have 40x40 of low band spectrum. Come on. Itís unacceptable.

Animal Kingdom Lodge lower level. I know Verizon barely works here and T/S donít at all. Small cell / DAS at work here.
    It's really hard to complain about those speeds........I get people like to play let's see how high it can climb, but what are you struggling to do at 35 down and 9+ up? I imagine most people there aren't running speed tests, and are having zero issues with anything they are doing on the network with those speeds.

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility & Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!, Round 2

Agreed. Weak excuse.

Animal Kingdom Lodge lower level. I know Verizon barely works here and T/S donít at all. Small cell / DAS at work here.
    Low band is not meant for capacity, itís meant for bringing signal to where people need it.

40-50 Mbps at a place, Disney especially, is not bad. LTE originally was designed for 5-12 Mbps. Itís about overall usability and consistency; not peak speeds.
    - Bentley

AT&T's commercial 4G network, with LAA-LTE.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I never said 40-50 was bad. That was a GOOD test. I always include good tests too because it wouldnít be fair to only show the bad areas.

This is a bad test and itís becoming more typical. This is Wilderness Lodge.

It isnít acceptable for AT&T to have a non functioning network anywhere here when Disney is relying on the network too. They have 60 MHz of low band and a ton of mid and high band.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    Low band is not meant for capacity, itís meant for bringing signal to where people need it.

40-50 Mbps at a place, Disney especially, is not bad. LTE originally was designed for 5-12 Mbps. Itís about overall usability and consistency; not peak speeds.
    No, I know but trust me, Itís incredibly inconsistent. More bordering on slow. 40-50 isnít great still IMO if I can hit 200 in NYC or Philly. Whereís b46 for example?

The 40-50 easily becomes sub 1mbps in far too many places. And Disneyís Wi-Fi is trash too which means more and more people fall back to LTE.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    It's really hard to complain about those speeds........I get people like to play let's see how high it can climb, but what are you struggling to do at 35 down and 9+ up? I imagine most people there aren't running speed tests, and are having zero issues with anything they are doing on the network with those speeds.
    That was a good test. Did I say I was struggling to do anything at that speed? I didnít. Itís when it falls to 1mbps. And itís doing it all over the place.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    That was a good test. Did I say I was struggling to do anything at that speed? I didnít. Itís when it falls to 1mbps. And itís doing it all over the place.
    Those speeds aren't that great for being that close to the tower, but I'm not sure it really means much in terms of overall tower capacity, unless it's the case that those speeds are utilizing some higher frequency bands like B4/30/66 that aren't penetrating elsewhere, resulting in horrible speeds on B5/12.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score

image uploader

Rootmetrics is a crock of crap. AT&T runs circles around Verizon in Philadelphia yet was 2nd both times. Right.
    Seriously. Here's fourth-place "trash" /s Sprint yesterday when I was visiting family:

Meanwhile VZW was awful, struggling on GUDP.

AT&T was pulling about 93Mbps down, 12Mbps up around the same time as the Sprint speedtest, didn't screenshot it on my other phone.Name:  Screenshot_20191128-171359_Speedtest.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  27.0 KB

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I gotcha. I see the sub 1 test. Yea I agree at Disney that should be unacceptable because Disney is pushing people to use their app for almost anything park related now and as you said earlier, their WiFi is garbage.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Doing some walking in downtown Minneapolis, all of their C-RAN are 2/12, so all of my combos were 2+12.

Undoubtedly faster than Chicago, without any LAA to boot. Probably has to do with lack of market share more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    Seriously. Here's fourth-place "trash" /s Sprint yesterday when I was visiting family:
    Of course there are places, and even markets where Sprint is better, the problem is how inconsistent it is. You go from pockets of 100mbps+ to large areas of a single-digit speeds or no service at all.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 4, Samsung S5 (G900A), iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone seen B29? I'm trying to report to CellMapper developers the used EARFCNs for B29. Only one I know of and it's on the Map already as they added SDL recording to the app.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tsalisbury0 View Post
    Anyone seen B29? I'm trying to report to CellMapper developers the used EARFCNs for B29. Only one I know of and it's on the Map already as they added SDL recording to the app.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
    9720 is the only one Iíve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast