Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1042

Thread: AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!, Round 2

  1. #1006
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,627
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    You’ll see more B29 launching this year around Michigan and in other Nokia markets around the country. Nokia now makes an RRH that includes B12/14/29 all in one unit, so adding B29 is now a very low cost option.
    Oh wow cool. I was very surprised to see it last night. I did see that site had 2/12/29 but I didn't see 14 but could have had it. Thats great.

  2. #1007
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,627
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    So weird to see it at 5 mhz.

    I really wish b29 could be utilized in nr-nsa low band. Since it's already down link only.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Perhaps down the road n29 will be in the mix. It Definitely boosts DL speeds.....

  3. #1008
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,627
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Took this near Mount Pleasant last night and forgot to post it. B30 at 5 MHz.

    Name:  Screenshot_20210123-215842_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  27.4 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20210123-215813_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  42.6 KB

  4. #1009
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    726
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Oh wow cool. I was very surprised to see it last night. I did see that site had 2/12/29 but I didn't see 14 but could have had it. Thats great.
    I have an Ipad mini 4 with band 29 for supplemental download. Glad to here more markers will get access to the band!

    I have been having a lot of random disconnects which I’ve reported to the latest Mark the Spot for awhile now with no resolution yet. Maybe they will do upgrades soon.

    Apple ipad with 5G is not out yet unfortunately.

  5. #1010
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,727
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Still super mediocre speeds around Disney World. Smattering of 5G, some 5Ge, some LTE. It’s a mess. Fastest 5G was 150ish in Disney Springs, slowest 5G was 8 mbps at the Transportation and Ticket Center...which then flipped to 5Ge.

    Coverage off property continues to be awful. No coverage in both Publix’s I have been inside. Something that would be shocking in my market and we don’t have 50 MHz of band 5.

    I Started noticing metro cells in Disney Springs and small cells in the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot and Animal Kingdom Lodge parking lots for Verizon.

    Still haven’t seen 5G+ literally *anywhere* with my iPhone 12 Pro
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

  6. #1011
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,727
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!, Round 2

    The LTE and 5G tests are from me on this hex at Epcot. Interesting plain old LTE was faster than 5G. My phone literally never updates so I have no idea what bands any of the tests are.


  7. #1012
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,727
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0




    5G vs LTE vs WDW Wi-Fi. Animal kingdom lodge Wi-Fi was useless 2 years ago, the new vendor is much better.

    There’s a Verizon (?) small cell IN the pool complex. Kinda wild! Pun not intended 🦒 🦓

  8. #1013
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,335
    Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hpue devices starting to roll out for firstnet

    "FirstNet Extends First Responder Connectivity with MegaRange" https://about.att.com/newsroom/2021/fn_megarange.html

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  9. #1014
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    726
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Hpue devices starting to roll out for firstnet

    "FirstNet Extends First Responder Connectivity with MegaRange" https://about.att.com/newsroom/2021/fn_megarange.html

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Good news. In my area AT&T has a few new towers now showing on Cellmapper. One by Grand Central parkway in Forest Hills. And some new ones in Kew Gardens area in different locations.

    A tower upgrade by Grand Central parkway in Forest Hills is coming in early Feb. Not sure which carrier but permits have been filed for new equipment on existing location.

    Cellmapper picked up the new towers in Nov and Dec 2020 so after approx 5 years of no new locations, improvement is finally happening. I was only looking at 4G LTE towers and did not look at 5G which my device can’t receive.

    I just searched a small area by me and to my surprise actually saw new locations on Cellmapper finally. AT&T”# last permit was done around the time of the Grand Central tower opening give or take so it probably was related to the project by rolling out new fiber to the new cellsite. Hopefully we see more upgrades this year as AT&T seems to be aggressively competing.

    AT&T added new manholes and fiber and cellsites so it definitely has a huge fiber optics footprint which it can capitalize on.
    Last edited by LTENetwork; 01-28-2021 at 08:49 AM.

  10. #1015
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,627
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Found 2 or 3 more sites running B29. These are in Rochester Hills, MI and are only pairing in 2CA combo with B2. This was one of the first sites I spotted after B14 started rolling out quite a while ago, so they must have swapped out to the newer radio head

    Name:  Screenshot_20210128-084605_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  43.0 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20210128-084631_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  29.6 KB


    Same site different combo:

    Name:  Screenshot_20210128-084715_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  33.7 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20210128-084645_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  48.2 KB

  11. #1016
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    5,111
    Device(s)
    iPhone 12 mini, iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon (Spectrum Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    0
    They're also running B2 at 15 MHz up there. That's nice for upload throughput.

    We have the PCS A and part of the B block here, so they can do it if they run UMTS on the B block. Maybe that'll come if we get some B29 love. Cellmapper shows some B14, but I've never been able to connect to it. Always been B12 + B2, and sometimes + B66 if I'm close enough to the cell site.


  12. #1017
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,627
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    They're also running B2 at 15 MHz up there. That's nice for upload throughput.

    We have the PCS A and part of the B block here, so they can do it if they run UMTS on the B block. Maybe that'll come if we get some B29 love. Cellmapper shows some B14, but I've never been able to connect to it. Always been B12 + B2, and sometimes + B66 if I'm close enough to the cell site.
    Some sites I never see B14 either but I know it's deployed, while others are configured to pair on a regular basis even as the PCC. They also have a 5x5 slice of PCS here so they must not have it configured to run on 2+2+29 for some reason. Hopefully, you'll see 29 because it seems to be a nice boost of extra capacity.

  13. #1018
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,627
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Enabled bands on the T branded S21 Ultra out of the box. Surprised to see n78 in the list. International roaming?? n78 is a subset of 77.

    Name:  Resized_Screenshot_20210129-132104_Service_mode_RIL.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  48.5 KB

  14. #1019
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    726
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Found 2 or 3 more sites running B29. These are in Rochester Hills, MI and are only pairing in 2CA combo with B2. This was one of the first sites I spotted after B14 started rolling out quite a while ago, so they must have swapped out to the newer radio head

    Name:  Screenshot_20210128-084605_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  43.0 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20210128-084631_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  29.6 KB


    Same site different combo:

    Name:  Screenshot_20210128-084715_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  33.7 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20210128-084645_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  48.2 KB
    I was under the impression B29 was in place for awhile already in some places. I wonder how much B29 is being added in addition to Michigan.

    I usually am found in NYC Metro area.

  15. #1020
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,627
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I was under the impression B29 was in place for awhile already in some places. I wonder how much B29 is being added in addition to Michigan.

    I usually am found in NYC Metro area.
    Yeah it's been basically only deployed in areas where they own all 10 MHz and as protection sites in others. Here, it's only 5 MHz and wasn't cost efficient to deploy it previously until now. I would imagine it will be in many other areas here like BMW mentioned especially where they need it. Some rural areas, B30 is being used for FW so 29 will be a nice capacity layer.

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!
    By jakeuten in forum AT&T
    Replies: 20015
    Last Post: 11-24-2019, 02:13 PM
  2. Pennsylvania 4G HSPA+/LTE Speed Tests
    By cricket101 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 535
    Last Post: 10-20-2018, 02:22 PM
  3. AT&T Band 30 LTE
    By sharp99 in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-01-2017, 10:04 PM
  4. New 4G HSPA / LTE network sightings
    By ChristopherMcG in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 1403
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 09:11 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 03:36 PM

Bookmarks