Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!, Round 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Inside IHOP in Flushing Queens NYC.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Queens should get better by March in Kew Garden Hills by Van Wyck, Forest Hills near Metropolitan Ave, and Rego Park/Forest Hills border on Queens Blvd, and parts of Elmhurst. And by the block past Forest Hills hospital as well.

As for other areas, I don’t get Nassau county permits but they appear to have done those as well as you have posted.

AT&T hopefully works well in the rebuilt parts of La Guardia Airport as they did extensive work as well as Grand Central station including East side access project, Penn Station which is undergoing renovations, LIRR Brooklyn where they were said to be doing wireless in the tunnels as well as NYC Subway where trains will be wireless equipped and hopefully cellular is inside all tunnels. Also MTA has a large communications tower permit for Train yard in Brooklyn which should have a really nice range and could easily reach Forest Hills if AT&T was placed on the tower. I am assuming Firstnet will likely be done there. Seems like a great location for a communications tower which is still in environmental review. JFK airport due to announced upgrades will likely see improved wireless coverage as well.

AT&T’s own fiber still goes through its huge facilities including windowless and nuclear bomb proof buildings and 5G seems to be utilizing more of that backhaul which will be upgraded for higher capacities over time. AT&T’s global reach with AT&T global plan addon for my tablet is impressive, even though AT&T global data costs are pricey.

By summer 2020, I believe the mmwave 5G gets activated as right now it is low band and limited by devices. The next devices should change all that.

Feedback Score
    Shamokin, PA (small rural town between Williamsport and Harrisburg)

B2+5+30+66

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Galaxy s7 edge, nexus 6p as a backup
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    On a phone call in Tacoma only on band 2

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This site on the west side of Russellville, AR recently had a backhaul increase. Despite not having FirstNet upgrades, speed is no issue. Pulling well over 380Mbps on devices with acceptable RF performance (S10).

B2+66+4+12: Name:  IMG_0532.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  25.2 KB

U850: Name:  IMG_0536.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  25.2 KB
    - Bentley

AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    South Flushing Queen's NYC. Very urban neighborhood.
    Loving at&t network management. Flipped to 14 as primary as soon as upload kicked in.

Feedback Score
    South Flushing Queen's NYC. Very urban neighborhood.
    Loving at&t network management. Flipped to 14 as primary as soon as upload kicked in.

Noticed an AT&T permit I didn’t notice before. By where Trader Joe’s is on Metropolitan. Around there. Vertical Bridge owns a tower on or by that building of which has prominent people involved with the company. I presume AT&T is there and likely upgrading their backhaul for 5G rollout. I don’t know if my connection ever goes on that tower from where I live or not as there are so many towers and haven’t seen an accurate map of AT&T cell sites. Fortunately all these permits will finish by March as for permits that I have seen in the area so far. Everywhere I look, I see AT&T had upgraded or is still upgrading for new fiber optics conduit in prominent locations here.

Says 90-30 Metropolitan is a Vertical Bridge Tower on the roof. I don’t see any antennas on the roof in imagery but I do see AT&T working on backhaul in the area for fiber optics conduit so it would be nice if AT&T is adding wireless cells there which would improve coverage. Makes sense to me if AT&T would use it. Vertical Bridge does lease to AT&T and other wireless carriers as per their website.

Not 100% sure if Vertical Bridge is getting antennas for AT&T but there appears to be work for conduit in that section by the Chase Bank side and the intersection of Woodhaven Blvd and Metropolitan from how it looks. Any permits for AT&T conduit is good news and shows improvement of its network as 5G is deployed. That section will definitely benefit from the fiber optics conduit being deployed. AT&T is taking fiber optics conduit seriously for 5G.
    Last edited by LTENetwork; 02-20-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    Noticed an AT&T permit I didn’t notice before. By where Trader Joe’s is on Metropolitan. Around there. Vertical Bridge owns a tower on or by that building of which has prominent people involved with the company. I presume AT&T is there and likely upgrading their backhaul for 5G rollout. I don’t know if my connection ever goes on that tower from where I live or not as there are so many towers and haven’t seen an accurate map of AT&T cell sites. Fortunately all these permits will finish by March as for permits that I have seen in the area so far. Everywhere I look, I see AT&T had upgraded or is still upgrading for new fiber optics conduit in prominent locations here.

Says 90-30 Metropolitan is a Vertical Bridge Tower on the roof. I don’t see any antennas on the roof in imagery but I do see AT&T working on backhaul in the area for fiber optics conduit so it would be nice if AT&T is adding wireless cells there which would improve coverage. Makes sense to me if AT&T would use it. Vertical Bridge does lease to AT&T and other wireless carriers as per their website.

Not 100% sure if Vertical Bridge is getting antennas for AT&T but there appears to be work for conduit in that section by the Chase Bank side and the intersection of Woodhaven Blvd and Metropolitan from how it looks. Any permits for AT&T conduit is good news and shows improvement of its network as 5G is deployed. That section will definitely benefit from the fiber optics conduit being deployed. AT&T is taking fiber optics conduit seriously for 5G.
    Hopefully they are putting in a macro. That immediate area has very poor coverage.

Feedback Score
    Hopefully they are putting in a macro. That immediate area has very poor coverage.

The other permit is further north of Metropolitan Ave in Forest Hills and AT&T has done permitting work in this area before.

The Tower space is available from Vertical Bridge although I bet lease fees aren’t cheap but its a crowded area. The other Chase on Metropolitan Ave was closed and the Chase by Woodhaven and Metropolitan was kept. Verizon did a much better job in the past here but AT&T seems to be reinvesting substantially as of late with loads of permits in this area and they are still doing work in key areas.

AT&T seems to be closing the gaps which were severely limited in the past. I presume more work will occur as needed over time.

Feedback Score
    Looks like my tablet plan has been grandfathered in. Between the new conduit being deployed, abusive users being kicked off the plan and me being grandfathered, AT&T is about to get a lot better. As for 5G, we will see what happens with that but it will be awhile yet before 5G iPad tablets are out and Apple iPhones with 5G.

AT&T has some work being done during the day on some permits and others are being done during the late hours. Should be much better in approx 2 weeks.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    On the iDAS at an event inside the Barkley center, Brooklyn NYC

Feedback Score

F

On the iDAS at an event inside the Barkley center, Brooklyn NYC

Zenfi just opened up a permit a few blocks from me. Could be a small cell being worked on. Not sure which carriers will be on this or others. Carriers are taking 5G seriously with lots of fiber optics and small cell. Central Queens will see significant improvements during the month of March as these permits finish off. No end in sight to the permits which have been consistent so I don’t know how many additional ones will happen over time.

Unlike 4G LTE where they lit far away towers with backhaul, the 5G is adding a ton of more localized fiber and coverage. By the time the new 5G tablets and phones are due out, coverage around me will definitely be usable on 5G.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    14+66+66+2 at home this morning:

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else use RootMetrics for speedtests? Just mapped a couple of newly upgraded sites in Shawano and Coddington, WI.

https://imgur.com/6VEeM4m

https://imgur.com/0mg4f0C

Device(s)
    Galaxy s7 edge, nexus 6p as a backup
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    At work this morning, used over 30 gigs this month, no deprioritization at all

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Looks like AT&T’s optimization and capacity efforts are paying off in Tulsa—a metro with notoriously high market share. Impressive gains.

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast