Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast

Thread: AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!, Round 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Lake success, Nassau County NY just outside of Queen's NYC. Couldn't snap the 2nd page of service mode fast enough. Attachment 166742Attachment 166743

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    How was the reception of that new device compared to your note 10 plus? I hear the note 20 has a new power amplifier on the modem.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthily View Post
    How was the reception of that new device compared to your note 10 plus? I hear the note 20 has a new power amplifier on the modem.
    It's great. I think I posted in this thread a few days ago. Doesn't get stuck on WCDMA either. When rural, if you drop lte, you get it back right away. The note 10 plus was very good, this is slightly better

Release 15 is also interesting to watch. They have 5G running on like every third site, but it stays connected while lte is connected on completely different sites.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    FYI everyone

AT&T FREE MSG: Great news! Your unlimited rate plan that includes spam and fraud call blocking for free, now includes advanced features like safe browsing and identity monitoring. To learn more and activate this service, download AT&T Mobile Security at mobilesecurity.app.link/unlimitedCLM

I activated the plus features on mobile security and am connected to at&t's encrypted VPN

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    FYI everyone

AT&T FREE MSG: Great news! Your unlimited rate plan that includes spam and fraud call blocking for free, now includes advanced features like safe browsing and identity monitoring. To learn more and activate this service, download AT&T Mobile Security at mobilesecurity.app.link/unlimitedCLM

I activated the plus features on mobile security and am connected to at&t's encrypted VPN

I wouldn't touch that VPN. The whole point of using a VPN is to shield your activity from your ISP. Guarantee AT&T is offering this to capture the traffic you're sending to your ISP when you're on Wi-Fi.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    I wouldn't touch that VPN. The whole point of using a VPN is to shield your activity from your ISP. Guarantee AT&T is offering this to capture the traffic you're sending to your ISP when you're on Wi-Fi.
    I have nothing to hide. Its encrypted anyway, no one can see it.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So you can have the 5Ge label and still be connected to NSA-NR...

PCI 126 North sector on Queen's side of throgs neck bridge.
    PCI 274 South sector on Bronx side of the bridge.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200909-190825_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  41.2 KBName:  Screenshot_20200909-190946_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  19.6 KB

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    "AT&T is First to Enable 5G Roaming for U.S. Customers in Japan" https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/ne...150000072.html

Wonder if its at full speed...

Feedback Score
    "AT&T is First to Enable 5G Roaming for U.S. Customers in Japan" https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/ne...150000072.html

Wonder if its at full speed...

I would use native sims for cheaper cost. Problem is as a foreign tourist who doesn’t speak the language it will be hard to install unless the store clerk understands english who can assist you. Japan should have some english speakers but other countries can be more difficult. Native AT&T and 5G roaming only is good for very short usage where you don’t have much time. Existing roaming for travelers is not cheap on AT&T,

AT&T is still building out fiber optics by me in Forest Hills, NY as another permit was added till October. The fiber is being run on a block in Forest Hills, NY by where an AT&T store happens to be now so it should have already had fiber optics and the area saw fiber work in the past. Not sure who is getting new fiber and why more fiber is needed. I would have thought there would have been plenty of dark fiber which needed to be lit rather than new cables. Perhaps AT&T is adding small cells by the AT&T store to showcase their network.

AT&T’s 5G map seems to have filled in a lot of the missing areas but there were still some pockets without coverage that I saw in NYC Metro for instance, especially on the north shore of long island, when I checked the last time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    AT&T is still building out fiber optics by me in Forest Hills, NY as another permit was added till October. The fiber is being run on a block in Forest Hills, NY by where an AT&T store happens to be now so it should have already had fiber optics and the area saw fiber work in the past. Not sure who is getting new fiber and why more fiber is needed. I would have thought there would have been plenty of dark fiber which needed to be lit rather than new cables. Perhaps AT&T is adding small cells by the AT&T store to showcase their network.

AT&T’s 5G map seems to have filled in a lot of the missing areas but there were still some pockets without coverage that I saw in NYC Metro for instance, especially on the north shore of long island, when I checked the last time.
    Question. It feels like you've been talking about these fiber permits for over a year now. Have you seen any sort of material gain from them? At all? Faster speeds? Small cells? Anything?

Chicago, IL‎ ----------------------------------------------------‎ ‎Duluth, MN
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL) ---------------- 4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Bayside Queen's on Francis Lewis boulevard

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Question. It feels like you've been talking about these fiber permits for over a year now. Have you seen any sort of material gain from them? At all? Faster speeds? Small cells? Anything?
    The network is definitely better in his area. I also recieved word that a new cell site is going up not far from him. In Glendale/middle village.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Outside 30 Rockefeller NY NY

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Near the exit for the Holland tunnel on the west side highway. It connected to n260 doing about 30 mph. Couldn't get speed test in time

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Astoria Queen's NYC
    Finally seeing b66 primary at 15 mhz wide!

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Astoria Queen's NYC
    Finally seeing b66 primary at 15 mhz wide!

Do you know if they got a long term lease? Can you try to break 30 Mbps upload?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast