Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Grandfathered $5.00 T-Zones Data, Part 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy_Pinoy View Post
    I upgraded my 3 year old LG V30 to a T-Mobile branded Galaxy S20 FE from Wireless Associates/Costco. They left my grandfathered plan alone from around July 2010. 4 of 5 lines has BTV of $5 each. The only downside is I purchase the phone outright at $630, but I get $80 Costco gift card in the mail.

T-Mobile's corporate stores and customer service consistently will not let me buy a Galaxy on promo unless I let go of my grandfathered plan first. So I always purchase an LG, coz that's the only brand that qualifies for a BOGO on a grandfathered plan.

My plan is $50 voice, $15 family text message, 4 $5 AAL, 4 $5 BTV, 1 $10 AAL (no data) with a 15% work discount.
    T-mobile brand phone is a joke....

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 20 Ultra (G Fi), iPhone 11 Pro (T-Mo),Samsung Galaxy S10, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    What's been the luck with non-branded, unlocked US Samsung phones on T-Zones? Anyone have any anecdotal experience?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    What's been the luck with non-branded, unlocked US Samsung phones on T-Zones? Anyone have any anecdotal experience?
    Nobody knows , if you don't have IMEI #.
    If you do have IMEI , I can tell you it works or not for now

Feedback Score
    So how do you like that Samsung phone coming from the V 30? I read some comments on Slickdeals and Reddit where people said that there's some issues with the touch screen or something and that even Samsung updates have not fixed the issue yet?

Have you noticed any issues with your touch screen? I finally upgraded my T-Mobile V 30 2 the LG V60 dual screen after almost using the v30 for almost 3 years. I gave my very good condition V30 to my fifteen-year-old son I just hope he takes good care of it as he is extremely hard on phones and often breaks 2-3 phones a year.

I would have given him my Mint Condition LG v20 but I seem to like that one more and value it more over the 30. I guess you could see I like LG phones although I did consider getting the OnePlus 8 T. I guess the LG second-screen along with the other benefits and features such as micro SD card slots and 3.5 mm headphone jack with the DAC won me over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy_Pinoy View Post
    I upgraded my 3 year old LG V30 to a T-Mobile branded Galaxy S20 FE from Wireless Associates/Costco. They left my grandfathered plan alone from around July 2010. 4 of 5 lines has BTV of $5 each. The only downside is I purchase the phone outright at $630, but I get $80 Costco gift card in the mail.

T-Mobile's corporate stores and customer service consistently will not let me buy a Galaxy on promo unless I let go of my grandfathered plan first. So I always purchase an LG, coz that's the only brand that qualifies for a BOGO on a grandfathered plan.

My plan is $50 voice, $15 family text message, 4 $5 AAL, 4 $5 BTV, 1 $10 AAL (no data) with a 15% work discount.
    Sent from my LM-V600 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    Aerial>VStream>T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Can I ask what time of day that you called and was it weekday or weekend? I know sometimes that It does make a difference on the day and time that you call.
    It was a Monday, around 4PM CST. I had forgotten that the BTV feature also takes off $5 from your phone line. So now my new bill is lower by $6 and no device restrictions!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcatm View Post
    It was a Monday, around 4PM CST. I had forgotten that the BTV feature also takes off $5 from your phone line. So now my new bill is lower by $6 and no device restrictions!
    What plan's name is it ?

Last edited by Androided; 01-28-2021 at 06:19 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 20 Ultra (G Fi), iPhone 11 Pro (T-Mo),Samsung Galaxy S10, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score

Unhappy

just an FYI. Got an unbranded, factory unlocked Note 20 Ultra 5G recently. Upsell.

Now to decide what to do with it. It'll work with Google Fi carrier switching*, so may just park this plan, SIM swap the number and port to Fi. Google Fi is no deal these days, but I don't use much data either. Bother.

*hmmm. oops, apparently not true, won't do Sprint.
    Last edited by phelme; 01-28-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Feedback Score
    just an FYI. Got an unbranded, factory unlocked Note 20 Ultra 5G recently. Upsell.

Now to decide what to do with it. It'll work with Google Fi carrier switching*, so may just park this plan, SIM swap the number and port to Fi. Google Fi is no deal these days, but I don't use much data either. Bother.

*hmmm. oops, apparently not true, won't do Sprint.
    Check the IMEI to validate before buying.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Check the IMEI to validate before buying.
    yeah, yeah yeah.

BTW, this Note 20 Ultra does carrier switch on Google FI, at least using Signal Spy to do it. it's on US Cellular at the moment as a test.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does unlocked US Cellular phone US996 works with T-Zones? I know Unlocked AT&T H910 works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by below20 View Post
    Does unlocked US Cellular phone US996 works with T-Zones? I know Unlocked AT&T H910 works.
    Get the imei will know if it works or not.
    Owned couple US996 phones previously, all were working fine on t-zone

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Get the imei will know if it works or not.
    Thanks. How do I use the IMEI to check for T-Zones compatibility?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by below20 View Post
    Thanks. How do I use the IMEI to check for T-Zones compatibility?
    I have couple phones which the IMEI can be easily changed.
    I put the target imei to my phone to test.
    Basically, when I get the first 12 digits of IMEI, I generate the rest digits to set in the phone, I can know the targeted IMEIs are compatible t-zone or not.

Sent from my huawei hma-al00 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Unlimited texting

Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Yeah that's why we basically kept our 9.99 text plan. Plus my wife didn't want to deal with Google Voice BS LoL . So how you liking that Mate 20 phone your using? Does it work with all of TMO bands, especially 66 & 71? Does VoLTE and WiFi calling work out of the box?

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

I was in this same position, my NW500 always needed an additional texting plan. My only option as a single line was the $9.99 unlimited texting. There was a $4.99 but only allowed sms not mms so no pics. However, I was just put on a $4.99 add on that includes sms and mms so that dropped my bill $5 a month.

In my T-Mobile it’s called ”unlimited SMS $4.99” but it does in fact include unlimited sms as well as mms with video.

Feedback Score
    So what is your base plan now then? Also what data plan & limits do have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzalecta View Post
    I was in this same position, my NW500 always needed an additional texting plan. My only option as a single line was the $9.99 unlimited texting. There was a $4.99 but only allowed sms not mms so no pics. However, I was just put on a $4.99 add on that includes sms and mms so that dropped my bill $5 a month.

In my T-Mobile it’s called ”unlimited SMS $4.99” but it does in fact include unlimited sms as well as mms with video.
    Sent from my LM-V600 using HoFo mobile app

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast