Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grandfathered $5.00 T-Zones Data, Part 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Thanks. That is a voice plan.
    Except for the part in the description that it had: "10 megabytes". The 10 MB was through t-zones and once all t-zones became unlimited, this $9.99 plan had all of the full t-zones benefits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Except for the part in the description that it had: "10 megabytes". The 10 MB was through t-zones and once all t-zones became unlimited, this $9.99 plan had all of the full t-zones benefits.
    t-zone is always amazing.
    The usage appearant never summarized and throttled

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have the international version of OnePlus 6T, T-zone is not working. T-zone works on my iphone and my t-mobile tablet sime does work in One plus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superking264 View Post
    I have the international version of OnePlus 6T, T-zone is not working. T-zone works on my iphone and my t-mobile tablet sime does work in One plus
    Your OnePlus 6T ' IMEI is known by T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone gotten the OnePlus 7T to work on Tzones? I am still holding onto this plan after all these years, and trying to decide what to do next. We have a 2 line Simple Choice family plan that I can move this over to as a third line, and 2 more lines for my boys that I can also move over....not sure what to do anymore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boatdude00 View Post
    Has anyone gotten the OnePlus 7T to work on Tzones? I am still holding onto this plan after all these years, and trying to decide what to do next. We have a 2 line Simple Choice family plan that I can move this over to as a third line, and 2 more lines for my boys that I can also move over....not sure what to do anymore.
    Most likely the OnePlus 7T won't work on tzone

Move on for something better

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730), Sony Xperia XZ2, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi (2nd SIM slot)
    Feedback Score
    I have Nationwide Talk & Text w/T-Zones (~2003). I had used it on a bunch of Sony Xperia models until I partially fried my XZ2 last year on a bad USB outlet in a hotel. Now I'm using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730, Hong Kong). Works fine. Though this particular variant is missing some T-Mobile LTE bands (71 & 66) which kinda sucks, mostly in rural areas.

My biggest gripe with my plan these days is I'm unable to get international data passes anymore. they stopped making them available last year, even when I chat with a CSR. My 2nd slot Google Fi SIM is far superior for int'l data anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    I have Nationwide Talk & Text w/T-Zones (~2003). I had used it on a bunch of Sony Xperia models until I partially fried my XZ2 last year on a bad USB outlet in a hotel. Now I'm using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730, Hong Kong). Works fine. Though this particular variant is missing some T-Mobile LTE bands (71 & 66) which kinda sucks, mostly in rural areas.

My biggest gripe with my plan these days is I'm unable to get international data passes anymore. they stopped making them available last year, even when I chat with a CSR. My 2nd slot Google Fi SIM is far superior for int'l data anyway.
    band 66 has no impact anything.
    It just a extension for band 4, if your phone already has band 4

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    band 66 has no impact anything.
    It just a extension for band 4, if your phone already has band 4

Band 66 depends on the area you live or in since T-Mobile does own some areas of Band 66 (Superset of B4) only that can’t be picked up on Band 4 only phones. Mainly an issue with Carrier Aggression between B4 and B66 for speed. By end of September Band 71 will be T-Mobile’s Anchor spectrum. At least if T-Mobile is using Ericsson equipment in your area till Nokia finishes their DSS.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    By end of September Band 71 will be T-Mobile’s Anchor spectrum. At least if T-Mobile is using Ericsson equipment in your area till Nokia finishes their DSS.
    well, I guess I'll have to look into getting a phone this year with Band 71, problem is I've always purchased international dual SIM models, and those rarely, if ever, come with all the US LTE bands.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Band 66 depends on the area you live or in since T-Mobile does own some areas of Band 66 (Superset of B4) only that can’t be picked up on Band 4 only phones. Mainly an issue with Carrier Aggression between B4 and B66 for speed.
    FYI. Just picked up a Note 10+ 5G and ran a quick test vs. my HK S10. the Note 10+ has b66 which this S10 lacks (it defaulted to b4) and the speeds were roughly twice as fast off the same tower (anecdotal, yes ).

Unfortunately though this Note is T-Mobile branded so won't work on T-Zones. probably time to finally succumb to the man.

Feedback Score
    FYI. Just picked up a Note 10+ 5G and ran a quick test vs. my HK S10. the Note 10+ has b66 which this S10 lacks (it defaulted to b4) and the speeds were roughly twice as fast off the same tower (anecdotal, yes ).

Unfortunately though this Note is T-Mobile branded so won't work on T-Zones. probably time to finally succumb to the man.
    You should never buy T-Mobile brand phone.
    Actually, some T-Mobile/Metro brand phones are actually working well with tzone.
    My $30 "Moto G6 play" (Boost version) works extreme fast on T-Mobile tzone, is always over 200Mpbs.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You should never buy T-Mobile brand phone.
    Actually, some T-Mobile/Metro brand phones are actually working well with tzone.
    My $30 "Moto G6 play" (Boost version) works extreme fast on T-Mobile tzone, is always over 200Mpbs.....
    yep, I bought this one forgetting about the branded component . it was a deal on this particular model (5G) that I didn't want to pass it up.

I think it actually originally was from Metro by T-Mo, but of course is still blocked.

I haven't had a phone this pants busting since the old Nokia 1520.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So, as band 71 is finally on the horizon this year for my area in Silicon Valley, can anyone name a dual SIM phone that has bands 66 & 71 that isn't blocked? I think the unicorn dual SIM iPhones out of Hong Kong may qualify but that's all I can think of. Anyone?

Feedback Score
    So, as band 71 is finally on the horizon this year for my area in Silicon Valley, can anyone name a dual SIM phone that has bands 66 & 71 that isn't blocked? I think the unicorn dual SIM iPhones out of Hong Kong may qualify but that's all I can think of. Anyone?
    Band 71 is meanless for most people, low band with low speed with bit better coverage (than band 12).
    Band 66 is a band 4's extension, If your phone has band 4, it is not a big deal.
    Ton of international phone (most of them are dual sim) nowadays has most US bands can be used on T-Mobile tzone such as Xiaomi, moto, huawei,oppp etc.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Androided; 05-06-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast