Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Epic deal on bundle ($39)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I'll be waiting for the response to you, tracfoner69; as well as anything they get back to me with.
    I just initiated a return with eBay. We will see...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfoner69 View Post
    These morons sent me a BYOP SIM kit for AT&T/GSM phones, that had NO minutes or service preloaded. Ugh, what a hassle, it's always something with Tracfone.
    If you ordered from the listing that doesn't specify the carrier, just file a refund request with the reason "Item not as specified - GSM SIM card doesn't work with my Verizon phone".

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    To preload the airtime all they have to do is lift the flap and scan the SIM serial number and then in their system set the airtime to apply upon activation of that SIM s/n.

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Regardless, the SIM that was received is AT&T only. It could have a million minutes of airtime, does me no good when I need to remain on Verizon's network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    When they first started offering these I got an AT&T preloaded sim and the packaging looked the same. Could not tell until I activated it. That is why I asked if you activated it. Did not know you were using Verizon.
    Last September I bought one of those AT&T sims too. I got worried when it showed up in exactly the same package as the $.99 retailed BYOP sim package, which I happened to have one to compare with. It turned out to be ok when I activated the sim a few weeks later.

Edit: My comment then (Post #523 in the thread https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...racfone/page35)

Received my AT&T BYOP SIM kit yesterday. It is in a similar folded cardboard package as those $.99 sim kits from the retails store. Nowhere the package mentions anything about the minutes/texts/data that should be included. Neither on the packing list. To add in the confusion, the cardboard package has a "How it works" tab with wordings "Purchase a TracFone Smartphone Plan" and another tab with the wordings "Smartphone plan required for activation sold separately". To top them all, activation "Step 3" says "You will need a Service Plan PIN"! I plan to email TracFone eBay store to make sure I get the right thing.

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    I just initiated a return with eBay. We will see...
    Please let us know how they handle your return. I initiated a return on March 12 and no response yet. The ebay acknowledgement gives the seller until March 18 to respond.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I haven't taken any action about my problem yet, other than informing them through eBay messaging that I was unhappy with what I got.

How long after receipt of the goods does one have to initiate return through eBay (assuming that is the proper terminology or procedure)?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Yes, I haven't taken any action about my problem yet, other than informing them through eBay messaging that I was unhappy with what I got.

How long after receipt of the goods does one have to initiate return through eBay (assuming that is the proper terminology or procedure)?
    The TF eBay listing indicates "30 day returns. Buyer pays for return shipping".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The TF eBay listing indicates "30 day returns. Buyer pays for return shipping".
    That is for return due to buyer's remorse. If an item is returned because of damage or item-not-as-specified, etc., the seller pays for a return label. Of course, you have to file a case with eBay and get the approval first. You have 30 days (was 45 days a while back) from the date of delivery to file a case.

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Maybe one of the experts around here can chime in on this thought...

Let's give TF the benefit of the doubt and assume that the GSM BYOP SIM card they sent me is indeed preloaded with the minutes and year of service. I have an unlocked e5 that I could use the SIM card in, temporarily at least.

If I were to add the GSM BYOP SIM card to my account, then transfer my # from my current Verizon TF SIM to the new card, I should get any preloaded minutes and days added to my account during that activation process, correct?

If yes, could I then transfer everything back to the original Verizon TF SIM card to use in the original phone (e5 locked to TF)?

It seems so risky and so much could go wrong. Ugh.

Feedback Score
    Maybe one of the experts around here can chime in on this thought...

Let's give TF the benefit of the doubt and assume that the GSM BYOP SIM card they sent me is indeed preloaded with the minutes and year of service. I have an unlocked e5 that I could use the SIM card in, temporarily at least.

If I were to add the GSM BYOP SIM card to my account, then transfer my # from my current Verizon TF SIM to the new card, I should get any preloaded minutes and days added to my account during that activation process, correct?

If yes, could I then transfer everything back to the original Verizon TF SIM card to use in the original phone (e5 locked to TF)?

It seems so risky and so much could go wrong. Ugh.
    Boz1 in another thread got CS to add the airtime directly to the destination phone.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...2#post17122832

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Boz1 in another thread got CS to add the airtime directly to the destination phone.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...2#post17122832
    His post was regarding a different card, not the type being discussed in this thread.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    The proper term/action is "ACTIVATE the new SIM with a transfer from your current phone/SIM". Since you'll be going cross-carrier, it's best to use Chat and let the rep do it, with everything recorded in the transcript and a case number. Save the chat transcript for record.

Also use Chat when you transfer back to a TF/Verizon SIM (you can re-use the old one).

Feedback Score
    His post was regarding a different card, not the type being discussed in this thread.
    Yeah, I thought about replying with that info here, too, but I realized that it is truly a different situation. In my case I specifically ordered a BYOP SIM card and a SEPARATE $15 500/500/500/30Day plan card, so TF had no right to send just a preloaded SIM card. TF was truly wrong in the case of the SIM kit + $15 plan order. On top of that, even though it took a little work on a phone call, I feel lucky that I got a competent and friendly CSR that took care of the problem.

You could certainly try contacting TF regarding the $39.99 1200/1200/3GB/1Year plan with the same request, but I'm not sure TF really did something wrong in this case. Those of us that ordered that 1200/1200/3GB/1Year plan previously with no carrier specified got a separate plan card. In this case, TF changed the listing in an INCREDIBLY SLOPPY way, and it took people by surprise. But like I said, in my opinion, it would still be worth a try to call TF CS to see what they can/will do.

Feedback Score
    My apologies in advance as I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but if I purchase the card from this site:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...0AAOSwp1Bc5a~n (no dropdown box), can I just add the airtime from the card and toss the SIMS?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast