Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Epic deal on bundle ($39)

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Feedback Score
    I decided to return the SIM to Ebay. I don't want to deal with the headaches since I have to port my number in and I can see that I will be jumping some hoops as it is.

But, I was able to distinguish the difference between a pre-loaded SIM and a $1.00 SIM. Just in case they send out empty SIMS.

The code for the Pre-Loaded 1200/1200/3G plan is TFATKTMC4NA-TRIETB

The code for a $1.00 TRI-SIM KIT is TFATKTMUNA-TRI1

The Code For a $1.00 TMO SIM is TFATKTMT5NA-TR

Also, notice this:
    BUYER BEWARE! Fraud ALERT Tracfone is sending out SIMs that are not pre-loaded with plans/airtime. You might as well throw $40 out the window. Good luck getting a refund.
    see posts on this deal thread and see recent negative seller reviews: https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedbac...:ONE_MONTH
    I too received empty SIM not pre-loaded and no airtime card/PIN was received. Tracfone customer service is useless and just demanded I buy airtime with a credit card and would not listen that I bought a plan and not just an empty SIM.

EDIT: The 1200/1200/3GB card listed above was for the AT&T SIM
    Last edited by PL1; 03-20-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, FreedomPop, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The code for the Pre-Loaded 1200/1200/3G plan is TFATKTMC4NA-TRIETB
    The code number on the supposed 1200/1200/3G Verizon plan SIM I received is TF356PSIMV97TD, but the packing slip showed TFATKTMCNA-TRIETB (the "loaded" SIM you cited in your post) And, as I stated above, it did not come with a PIN / airtime card, and cannot be activated online or by the several Tracfone CSRs I called (they keep asking for a PIN).

Quick summary of my observations (since there seem to be different problems with different eBay orders)

• Ordered $39.99 Verizon Compatible SIM from the 3-choice dropdown.
    • (This was to be used as a NEW number, not porting from another provider)
    • Received a SIM in good time, but the code on the SIM does not match the code on the packing slip.
    • Unable to activate, using desktop, Text or App on phone, even though I followed instructions carefully.
    • Called Tracfone several times, talking to different level CSRs, all stated they could not activate unless I bought a Service Plan or gave them the PIN number (that was not provided in the package)
    • Made Not As Described complaint via eBay ... received reply instructing me to call Tracfone.
    • Updated my complaint with info on what phone CSRs stated, but it has not been answered
    • Tomorrow is the day I can ask eBay to "step in".

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Feedback Score
    It is getting pretty iffy whether it's worth buying this plan at this time. It is kind of a crap shoot. But, in my experience, Ebay supports you very well.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, FreedomPop, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It is getting pretty iffy whether it's worth buying this plan at this time. It is kind of a crap shoot.
    Worse than "iffy" in my mind. The problem seems to affect both the GSM and CDMA versions of the $39.99 listing. However, looking at the feedback, there were fewer complaints when the deal was $49.99. I think that was when the Service Plan card / PIN was included in the package.

Now, however, either they are shipping the wrong SIMs, or their computer system cannot recognize they are preloaded. I am surprised at least one of the several CSRs with whom I spoke did not say something like "you are not alone", or "others have called about this, too".

One of the CSRs (In the P.I.) asked me a LOT of questions, including my ebay signon, to verify what I bought. He then talked to his manager (or whatever) for some time. After about a (total) half hour on the phone, he apologized, but stated he could not activate the SIM without a PIN.

A (USA?) CSR asked me questions about the phone, IMEI, etc, and verified the SIM was appropriate for the phone, and would work with their Verizon Compatible system. He "registered" the phone with Tracfone, but was unable to give me airtime unless I purchased it.

My final question to all phone CSRs was "so, you cannot help ... all I can do now is file a Not As Described case with eBay?"
    The all answered "yes".

As an aside, one of my criteria for buying on eBay is the feedback of the seller must be above "body temperature in deg F" (98.6°F). Tracfone FB is currently 97.7% Positive feedback, with many negs from buyers of this "deal".

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBard57 View Post
    As an aside, one of my criteria for buying on eBay is the feedback of the seller must be above "body temperature in deg F" (98.6°F). Tracfone FB is currently 97.7% Positive feedback, with many negs from buyers of this "deal".
    That's funny! I never thought about using body temp, but it is a good indicator.

From what I'm reading it appears that most of the issues are with VZW SIMS. I have an AT&T SIM which DOES have the balance on it. What I COULD do is load it and try later to combine/merge it. The reason I'm hesitant is that I can't get data to work on my phone with AT&T SIMS, so it would be useless if I could not get them to merge. If my Ebay return fails, I will have no alternative but to use it as is or sell it.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PL1 View Post
    The reason I'm hesitant is that I can't get data to work on my phone with AT&T SIMS,
    What phone do you have? Tf-branded or BYOP? Did you set up the correct APN for TF/AT&T?

Feedback Score
    What is that nz place that people were getting good apns from?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    What phone do you have? Tf-branded or BYOP? Did you set up the correct APN for TF/AT&T?
    I have an Unlocked TMO Branded Samsung Galaxy S7. I used all of the APN settings I could find. Corporate Support also confirmed it was not working with the correct APN. She told me just because it is unlocked, it I possible TMO blocks some features. Everything but data (and mms which uses data) works.

If I was to load the AT&T SIM and ask them to combine the 1200/1200/3G with my current TMO plan, would that be hard for them to do where there are two carriers do you know?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    If I was to load the AT&T SIM and ask them to combine the 1200/1200/3G with my current TMO plan, would that be hard for them to do where there are two carriers do you know?
    That SHOULDN'T be a problem because the rep simply deactivates the donor phone (regardless of carrier) and manually add the units/days to the receiving phone. But member CAL7 got a flaky rep who claimed combining/merging of two active phones is not possible, especially when it involves two different carriers. If you get a rep like that, terminate the chat and try again with another rep.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That SHOULDN'T be a problem because the rep simply deactivates the donor phone (regardless of carrier) and manually add the units/days to the receiving phone. But member CAL7 got a flaky rep who claimed combining/merging of two active phones is not possible, especially when it involves two different carriers. If you get a rep like that, terminate the chat and try again with another rep.
    OK, Thanks. I will think about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    I initiated a return with eBay for the preloaded AT&T sim (1200/1200/3gb) on 3/12/20. I used Wrong Item and just said it appeared to be a regular $1 sim instead of the $39.99 loaded sim. They finally responded today (3/19/20). They provided prepaid return label. It will probably be a week before I see if the refund occurs.
    Just got notice from eBay/PayPal that refund was processed. For me, no harm...no foul.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Feedback Score
    I decided to try out the AT&T SIM and when I go to the

ACTIVATION PAGE> ENTER SIM#> KEEP YOUR NUMBER?, NO >ZIP

"This device is not eligible for this transaction."

Does anybody know why that might be?

Name:  UNTITLED2.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  31.4 KB

EDIT: There must be something wrong with this card for the 1200/1200/3GB because I just tried a $1.00 SIM and it goes through fine.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    Just got notice from eBay/PayPal that refund was processed. For me, no harm...no foul.
    Well, that's good, it looks like they refunded before they received your package!
    Last edited by PL1; 03-20-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I decided to try out the AT&T SIM and when I go to the

ACTIVATION PAGE> ENTER SIM#> KEEP YOUR NUMBER?, NO >ZIP

"This device is not eligible for this transaction."

Does anybody know why that might be?
    I'm not sure what could cause that. Maybe it's already activated and/or registered with their system? Try registering the SIM number with your online Tracfone account and see what happens.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by praz108 View Post
    I'm not sure what could cause that. Maybe it's already activated and/or registered with their system? Try registering the SIM number with your online Tracfone account and see what happens.
    I just tried, no dice. The funny thing is a CSR rep said it had a balance attached to it?

Name:  UNTITLED5.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  71.6 KB

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast