Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 5G Launch Impact on Band 71 LTE

Device(s)
    HTC Evo/Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

5G Launch Impact on Band 71 LTE

I’m wondering if we will see a broader launch of LTE on Band 71. If they are going to cover 200 million people with 5G on December 6, I imagine they can broadcast LTE on Band 71 at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Until DSS is up and running, B71 will be primarily allocated to n71.

Feedback Score
    Don't respect to have creazy speed on band 71. It's going to be single channel with no CA.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I know they are continuing to expand mmWave NR in metro areas. Hopefully we get an update on this too.

I agree with others that Band 71 is mainly a “coverage,” band not a capacity one.

For me the biggest benefit will be when T-Mobile can offload those clogging up LTE to NR capable devices where available.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    HTC Evo/Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I know they are continuing to expand mmWave NR in metro areas. Hopefully we get an update on this too.

I agree with others that Band 71 is mainly a “coverage,” band not a capacity one.

For me the biggest benefit will be when T-Mobile can offload those clogging up LTE to NR capable devices where available.
    I agree that it won’t add capacity but think they need to also improve coverage.

It sounds like there will be slight side benefit with Band 71 LTE coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thematch View Post
    ......If they are going to cover 200 million people with 5G on December 6, ......
    Not likely to have that much coverage in 2019, maybe December 2021 or later. I thought like the other big carriers, 5G is still in test markets and limited to certain areas of those cities. Does T-moble even sell any 5G handsets nationwide yet ?
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Not likely to have that much coverage in 2019, maybe December 2021 or later.
    From what I've read everywhere that has band 71 will have n71 on Dec 6th. Not sure why it will take until December 2021 since all the TV stations will have moved by July 3rd 2020

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Until DSS is up and running, B71 will be primarily allocated to n71.
    15X15 MHz LTE > 5 MHZ LTE and 10 MHZ 5G. Utterly disappoint in T-Mobile. 15X15 worth considering switching. 5X5 not worth it. can't compete.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    From what I've read everywhere that has band 71 will have n71 on Dec 6th. Not sure why it will take until December 2021 since all the TV stations will have moved by July 3rd 2020
    My comment was meant as a bit of sarcasm mixed with reality. 5G is far from nationwide deployment to cover 200 million customers anytime this year and not likely by December 2020 from everything I have read and seen. The sheer number of required antennas/panels to cover that many customers nationwide is mind numbing.

Feedback Score
    My comment was meant as a bit of sarcasm mixed with reality. 5G is far from nationwide deployment to cover 200 million customers anytime this year and not likely by December 2020 from everything I have read and seen. The sheer number of required antennas/panels to cover that many customers nationwide is mind numbing.
    The already have band 71 deployed over a large area of the US.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that 5G has much shorter range than the previous technologies (3G and 4G) and many more towers/panels will need to be added to provide adequate coverage. Technically the 4G networks aren't going to be shut down anytime soon and the 5G systems will incorporate them to fill the gaps.

Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that 5G has much shorter range than the previous technologies (3G and 4G) and many more towers/panels will need to be added to provide adequate coverage. Technically the 4G networks aren't going to be shut down anytime soon and the 5G systems will incorporate them to fill the gaps.
    No offense but you need study up on 5G. It's shorter because they are currently using mmwave frequencies. Band 71 and n71 will have the exact same range

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Supported bands on the T-Mobile/AT&T Note 10+ 5G. Sub-6 only....no mmWave.

Name:  Screenshot_20191126-121319_Write on PDF.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  71.2 KB

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Fair enough. Thanks for the chart. I stand corrected.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Supported bands on the T-Mobile/AT&T Note 10+ 5G. Sub-6 only....no mmWave.
    I read that about at&t assumed t-mobile would be the same way. So people have to choose between low band 5G or mmwave 5G in their $1000+ phones. And Verizon is the crazy one for waiting until phones that can handle both come out before deploying low band 5G. People that have mmwave 5G phones are going to be mad when they can't access lowband 5G and these with lowband 5G phones are going to be mad when they don't get these 1 Gbps speed tests and not even 100 Mbps speed tests

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast