Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cricket HD/VoLTE and or WIFI Calling for unlocked devices?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Oneplus 7T on cricket. Phone purchased directly from oneplus. No Wifi calling.

Initially no volte. Had to contact customer service, give them an imei from a compatible iphone to get it to work. Still didn't take until I force a carrier reprovisioning in the *#*#4636#*#* menu. Phone is on android 10.

dialer - https://i.imgur.com/tPhd6sB.jpg
    homescreen - https://i.imgur.com/yAnIX0Q.jpg
    4636 screen - https://i.imgur.com/qqnSy2A.jpg
    You used to be able to do a Sim card swap into an iPhone to get it working on Android devices that supported it. ( I had an unlocked ATT branded LG V10)

Unfortunately they stopped that like a year ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    how old is your sim ??
    Dunno but I think it is a "white one" which is the newer. But it is prob at least a year or two old

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @sinnedone This was easier. My friend uses his iphone on vzw and is in CA so sim swapping would be more challenging. Otoh, just copying/pasting the imei from the text via cricket chat accomplished the same end result.

I got an open ticket about getting my voice mail disabled again. You'd think front line reps could do this, but no, it requires escalation because it's a none standard request.

It's my understanding that really any att compatible volte imei would serve the purpose, be it iphone or something else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    @sinnedone This was easier. My friend uses his iphone on vzw and is in CA so sim swapping would be more challenging. Otoh, just copying/pasting the imei from the text via cricket chat accomplished the same end result.

I got an open ticket about getting my voice mail disabled again. You'd think front line reps could do this, but no, it requires escalation because it's a none standard request.

It's my understanding that really any att compatible volte imei would serve the purpose, be it iphone or something else.
    So you told chat to assign that IMEI to your line/account?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is correct. Not sure how it really matters as the real imei is sent during the registration process. Just goes to show how broken att's system is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2