Thread: Cricket HD/VoLTE and or WIFI Calling for unlocked devices?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Cricket HD/VoLTE and or WIFI Calling for unlocked devices?

I thinking about taking advantage of the $40 unlimited plan for BYOD from Cricket. I have a factory unlocked S9+ (SM-G965U1) and had it on AT&T Prepaid a couple months ago but unfortunately those features were disabled and the phone calls sounded terrible. Since Verizon doesn't cover certain areas where I need service while AT&T does I am very tempted to switch over to Cricket and take advantage of that offer.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    according to this - https://www.reddit.com/r/CricketWire..._wifi_calling/ VoLTE / WIFI Calling will work but you need to flash carrier specific firmware.

Feedback Score
    This well documented BS on the part of AT&T. They won't allow BYOD Android devices capable of using VoLTE and WIFI calling to use it. This is not an issue with T-mobile and Verizon. You should not have to flash carrier firmware. People buy factory unlocked for a reason, so the phone is not tied to a carrier and to eliminate carrier bloatware. I moved a line to Spectrum which is Verizon because I need WiFi calling. AT&T really needs to get with the program.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    This well documented BS on the part of AT&T. They won't allow BYOD Android devices capable of using VoLTE and WIFI calling to use it. This is not an issue with T-mobile and Verizon. You should not have to flash carrier firmware. People buy factory unlocked for a reason, so the phone is not tied to a carrier and to eliminate carrier bloatware. I moved a line to Spectrum which is Verizon because I need WiFi calling. AT&T really needs to get with the program.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app
    As far as being a non issue on TMobile and verizon, this is not 100% accurate. At&t though is worse than them yes. There are devices that will technically work on TMobile and verizon, that are volte and wifi calling capable, that do not get either.