Thread: One Step Closer - Texas Settles w/T-Mobile

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score

One Step Closer - Texas Settles w/T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    Not surprised. Few more will roll in as we get closer to December date. Not looking good for NY AG...

Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Most likely we will see more drop out

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How many more states need to dismiss?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    How many more states need to dismiss?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    14 State AGs still are in the lawsuit fighting to block the merger.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Down to 14 (including DC). 14 Democrat state AGs still apart of the lawsuit

1. California
    2. Colorado now out of the lawsuit
    3. Connecticut
    4. District of Columbia
    5. Hawaii
    6. Illinois
    7. Maryland
    8. Massachusetts
    9. Michigan
    10. Minnesota
    11. Mississippi now out of the lawsuit
    12. Nevada now out of lawsuit
    13. New York
    14. Oregon
    15. Pennsylvania
    16. Texas now out of lawsuit
    17. Virginia
    18. Wisconsin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    Down to 14 (including DC). 14 Democrat state AGs still apart of the lawsuit

1. California
    2. Colorado now out of the lawsuit
    3. Connecticut
    4. District of Columbia
    5. Hawaii
    6. Illinois
    7. Maryland
    8. Massachusetts
    9. Michigan
    10. Minnesota
    11. Mississippi now out of the lawsuit
    12. Nevada now out of lawsuit
    13. New York
    14. Oregon
    15. Pennsylvania
    16. Texas now out of lawsuit
    17. Virginia
    18. Wisconsin
    Nevada's state AG was also a democrat. So why aren't they still suing since you believe in this "democrats are evil" BS?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Nevada's state AG was also a democrat. So why aren't they still suing since you believe in this "democrats are evil" BS?
    None of the politicians seem to care much about the consumer, neither republican or democrat. Its all agendas at this point

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the settlements are similar to the previous states. The previous states got 5G coverage guarantees for 3-year and 5-year mark, some employment guarantees, low-priced price plans (a $15 2GB and $25 5GB plan; they've already come out with a $15 2GB plan recently that as far as I know would meet this requirement).

For Texas, the link doesn't give any specific percentages and plans, but they got 3 year and 5 year coverage guarantees, guarantee that existing price plans will not go up for 5 years, guarantee that they'll offer current Sprint and T-Mo employees equivalent jobs in the merged company (i.e. not close a bunch of stores) and low-priced price plans.

For Nevada, the same guarantees (with specific coverage percentages though), and a $30 million (in 3 payments) going into a fund that is for entrepenuership funding for woman and minority-owned businesses, but the state can pull out cash from it to instead use to build out service in Indian lands.

Feedback Score
    Don't get caught up in the benefits Texans will get. Fast forward to AT&T and add Comcast too. They agreed to a lot of things to get their mergers approved. The end result is what they said but, they did the opposite of what they agreed to - it was lower rates. It didn't happen. Rates went up! Were they just talking points to get the public, FCC and Justice Department to approve their mergers? Did AT&T offer a certain amount of subs in rural America some kind of internet. They called it something. Was it fixed wireless internet? I don't think AT&T fully implemented it or did Comcast offer the same.

I would use caution in thinking that a few leaving the lawsuit means it is frivolous. There are other actions that need to be investigated namely T-Mobile's shady business practices. Their handling of customer activations, customer service practices and handling of customers cell phone repairs. These issues raise eyebrows.

I wouldn't approve the merger with out some serious conditions.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    .....s, guarantee that they'll offer current Sprint and T-Mo employees equivalent jobs in the merged company (i.e. not close a bunch of stores) ....
    Turnover at the local T-Mobile store seems to be very high. No one seems to make it a career. They could easily ease Sprint's sales people into T-Mobile stores over a couple of years and still close a bunch of Sprint stores. Of course, there will be more T-Mobile stores after the merger, just fewer than the sum of current Sprint and T-Mobile stores.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jameny5 View Post
    Don't get caught up in the benefits Texans will get. Fast forward to AT&T and add Comcast too. They agreed to a lot of things to get their mergers approved. The end result is what they said but, they did the opposite of what they agreed to - it was lower rates. It didn't happen. Rates went up! Were they just talking points to get the public, FCC and Justice Department to approve their mergers? Did AT&T offer a certain amount of subs in rural America some kind of internet. They called it something. Was it fixed wireless internet? I don't think AT&T fully implemented it or did Comcast offer the same.

I would use caution in thinking that a few leaving the lawsuit means it is frivolous. There are other actions that need to be investigated namely T-Mobile's shady business practices. Their handling of customer activations, customer service practices and handling of customers cell phone repairs. These issues raise eyebrows.

I wouldn't approve the merger with out some serious conditions.
    This case won't go one for very long. It'll be over by Christmas and the judge will rule in January or February.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Well, T-Mo has already come out with the $15 and $25 plans that match what they settled for with these first few states, available nationwide. I think in general the 3-year requirement amounts to running 600mhz 5G on their existing footprint, so I doubt they'd fail to meet it. The 5-year would require actual buildout; I'm guessing a lot of these areas have 800mhz-spaced sites, so 600/700 will work well enough on them but they wouldn't have been worth building out on at 1900/2100mhz. It'll be interesting to see if they do get this built out.

I'll also be interesting to see what Dish does with their spectrum. They've got a pretty odd collection of spectrum, but they do have nationwide low band and midband spectrum now; it's a bit slim in some markets, and a decent amount (80-100mhz) in others.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I'll also be interesting to see what Dish does with their spectrum. They've got a pretty odd collection of spectrum, but they do have nationwide low band and midband spectrum now; it's a bit slim in some markets, and a decent amount (80-100mhz) in others.
    Which spectrum bands do they have 80-100 MHz? As far a lowband they do have nationwide 600 MHz( mostly 5X5 ) and they will have Sprint nationwide 800 MHz( also 5X5 ). They also have 5X5 700 MHz but only for downlink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast