Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nevada drops out of T-Mobile suit

Feedback Score

Nevada drops out of T-Mobile suit

https://www.reuters.com/article/spri...-idUSL1N28514Q

WASHINGTON, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Nevada has agreed to drop its opposition to T-Mobile’s purchase of Sprint in exchange for early deployment of the next generation of wireless and the promise of several hundred jobs, the state’s attorney general’s office said in a statement on Monday.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/spri...-idUSL1N28514Q

WASHINGTON, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Nevada has agreed to drop its opposition to T-Mobile’s purchase of Sprint in exchange for early deployment of the next generation of wireless and the promise of several hundred jobs, the state’s attorney general’s office said in a statement on Monday.
    I can see California calling Legere now scared they'll come away empty handed and asking whether he'll cut them a check, which is all they really want.

Feedback Score
    ...and another one.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    I can see California calling Legere now scared they'll come away empty handed and asking whether he'll cut them a check, which is all they really want.
    I don't know why you'd think California or New York could care less whether Nevada or South Dakota or whoever comes along for the ride.

California and New York combined represent over 1/6 of the population of the entire USA. Those are the only two states in the suit that matter.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    HTC Evo/Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    I don't know why you'd think California or New York could care less whether Nevada or South Dakota or whoever comes along for the ride.

California and New York combined represent over 1/6 of the population of the entire USA. Those are the only two states in the suit that matter.

Agree that those are the only two states that matter.

With that said, I think they settle. Litigation is risky and why walk away with nothing as opposed to certain concessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thematch View Post

With that said, I think they settle. Litigation is risky and why walk away with nothing as opposed to certain concessions.

Agreed. I don't think NY and CA are looking to "win" and stop the merger. They want jobs guarantees more than anything, I suspect. The potential jobs losses in those two states from the closing of redundant retail stores alone are significant.

Feedback Score
    Agreed. I don't think NY and CA are looking to "win" and stop the merger. They want jobs guarantees more than anything, I suspect. The potential jobs losses in those two states from the closing of redundant retail stores alone are significant.

If the merger doesn't go through Sprint is cutting jobs including in NY and California. Anyone that doesn't believe that is being naïve.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If the merger doesn't go through Sprint is cutting jobs including in NY and California. Anyone that doesn't believe that is being naïve.
    Perhaps, but a slow death spiral for Sprint (and anyone who doesn't think Sprint's eventual downfall would be slow and painful is also being naive!) may keep more jobs longer than the quicker cuts resulting from the consolidation of the two companies.

A long slow burn looks better on those quarterly stats (from the political standpoint) than a quick axing.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Some of these states have big lobby groups from AT&T, Verizon and unions. They will squeeze as much as They can get. California recently went so far as to NOT to do business with vehicle manufacturers that didn't recognize California as the authority on vehicle emissions standards ( over the federal government).

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by thematch View Post

I agree and disagree with here's why. You guys seem to have this misconception that California and New York are the 2 largest states by population and the other 48 states are just no where close in population. Which is not 100% accurate. Texas is the 2nd most populous state, Florida is the 3rd most populous states, and New York is the 4th most populous state.

If we are basing New York's importance on the fact that their State AG led the charge and spearheaded the T-Mobile/Sprint Lawsuit than that would make more sense to say the biggest game changer in all this would be if New York pulls out prior to the December 9th trial which is 99.99% unlikely to happen.

If we are basing a state's population on which 2 state's with the largest Population's matter most than it would be California and Texas. Thus, in that case it is pretty big news that Texas just pulled out of the lawsuit earlier today being the 2nd most populous state in the U.S.

1 1 California 39,865,590
    2 2 Texas 29,206,997
    3 3 Florida 21,299,325
    4 4 New York 19,542,209

As of July 1,2019 total Population for all 50 states is estimated at 326,464,979

I know Florida was NEVER apart of the T-MOBILE/Sprint Lawsuit just using that state for example purposes.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Feedback Score
    Correction: They're the only two states that THINK they matter. LOL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Correction: They're the only two states that THINK they matter. LOL
    The New York southern district federal court is one of the most active, influential, and prestigious federal courts in the country, so in thinking that, they are not wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    The New York southern district federal court is one of the most active, influential, and prestigious federal courts in the country, so in thinking that, they are not wrong.
    That's an opinion. Not a fact.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    That's an opinion. Not a fact.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...ct_of_New_York

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-...igious-2013-11

No, it's pretty factual.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    https://courses.lumenlearning.com/sa...n-vs-argument/

Critical Reading: Understand Fact vs. Opinion vs. Argument

Critical readers are active readers who maintain a comprehensive understanding of the material.
    This includes the ability to:

Identify material as fact, opinion, or argument.
    Identify main topic or thesis.
    Describe the types of evidence used in the construction of the argument.
    Fact: A statement that can be proven or disproven/The Eifel Tower is located in Paris, France. Opinion: A statement of personal preference /I like chocolate chip cookies.
    Argument: A statement containing a non-religious belief that is neither decidedly true nor false, but can be reasonably opposed, and proven or disproven through strategic organization of appeals and evidence.

My friend L33 is right!

When you use words like active,influential,presitigious, good,bad,mean,nice etc it is an opinion of some sort.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast