Thread: Continental Automotive T-DCM Plan Registration Question

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Continental Automotive T-DCM Plan Registration Question

Okay so I activated my new vehicle with the plan mentioned in the title of this thread today. It's a $20 unlimited plan.

I registered my account successfully through the MyVerizon app. However when tried to log back into the app I'm greeted with a message that I need to verify my account via text message. But if course I have no way to receive the SMS.

Any way around this our am I SOL?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    i believe Verizon will send you a letter by first class mail - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...-verizon-faqs/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Can you tell me more about this plan and what you are using it for? I checked into it and cannot find any information.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nrinzema View Post
    Can you tell me more about this plan and what you are using it for? I checked into it and cannot find any information. Thanks!
    connected car mobile hotspot - https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/connected-car/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Continental Automotive T-DCM Plan Registration Question

Quote Originally Posted by nrinzema View Post
    Can you tell me more about this plan and what you are using it for? I checked into it and cannot find any information.

Thanks!
    Bought a new RAV 4 Hybrid which is equipped with in-vehicle WiFi courtesy of Verizon LTE.

Once the trial period ended I was prompted to sign up through Verizon to continue the service.

My local Verizon Corporate Store had no clue on how to activate it. They tried to sell me a $35 prepaid plan and insisted I just needed to find the SIM card slot in my SUV before they’d help me further.

So I just called Toyota who put me through to the proper Verizon sales channel to activate it. All they needed was the on-screen MEID for verification and a credit card for the monthly dues and after 3 minutes I was ready to go.

By the way: Unlimited data is the only option given.

I’m not sure if this plan is heavily de-prioritized but so far I can’t pull more than 5 Mbps download anywhere around where I live? I don’t use Verizon with any other device so I have no other Verizon device to compare DL speeds.

Regardless it’s only $20 per month / non commitment and because it’s used heavily it’s worth the added cost.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I’m not sure if this plan is heavily de-prioritized but so far I can’t pull more than 5 Mbps download anywhere around where I live? I don’t use Verizon with any other device so I have no other Verizon device to compare DL speeds.
    Possible. As an example, around here in eastern iowa, you get to like Iowa City, they've got 4 bands of LTE, I think they are running bands 13 and 5 on the cell sites they've had up for decades, and band 4 and 2 for the new sites, which they seem to have like every 4 or 5 blocks. Speeds there are excellent, I've seen 80mbps with "full bars" and 15 or 20 everywhere else even if deprioritized. Coralville, sites are more like every 10 blocks; some of these sites are very congested. My friend lives a block from a very fast site, but a hilll blocks it, the site he hits gets about 10 or 15 blocks away gets about 3mbps almost all day due to congestion (but like 40mbps if it's late enough.) Out of town, many sites appear to be band 13 only, sites that were getting 15-20mbps a few years ago are more like 5mbps. They do state "6-12mbps" 4G speeds, so i would expect (if there's newer technology or spectrum to flip on) they'll pay attention to 5mbps or less areas before ones that are getting like 10mbps (since that's in that 6-12 range.) Getting like 80mpbs or whatever every so often is a bonus but I don't really expect that kind of speed regularly.

I don't know specifically, there's some MVNOs etc. where they throttle to 5mbps too, if speed tops at almost exactly 5mbps, it could be something like that going on too. Honestly, I'd prefer a 5mbps hotspot to one that does like 80mbps until it hits a 600kbps throttle cap