Thread: Voicemail Notification is VZW text gibberish

Feedback Score

Voicemail Notification is VZW text gibberish

This happens to me all the time. PP will make a change on my phone be it a reset or whatever. I'l then start getting gibberish texts whenever I have a voicemail. Voicemail will not show up in the voicemail part of the phone. They'll do some kind of reset and it is back to normal. Really a PITA. Iphone 8. $29 plan.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like you have Android based Visual Voicemail. You will need to get support to switch your voicemail that works with iPhones. Here is more info about this: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...email-See-here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    Sounds like you have Android based Visual Voicemail. You will need to get support to switch your voicemail that works with iPhones. Here is more info about this: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...email-See-here
    Thanks, I've done that. But PP does not have Visual Voicemail. I'm sure they just switched me back to basic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hengy View Post
    Thanks, I've done that. But PP does not have Visual Voicemail. I'm sure they just switched me back to basic.
    Page Plus does have VVM. I get them all the time on my android. Unless you mean not for IPhone. But it's been mentioned that only a few (if you're lucky) CSRs know how to change it.

Feedback Score
    Might be true but I'll never get a CSR that knows. Nor that admits knowing. Sad it's available but not able to be implemented. Guess that's what you get for $29/month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hengy View Post
    Might be true but I'll never get a CSR that knows. Nor that admits knowing. Sad it's available but not able to be implemented. Guess that's what you get for $29/month.
    My experience has been that VVM was the default when activating. If the phone didn't support VVM (like the Alcatel MyFlip which is a cheap 4G/LTE on KaiOS) it's then that the CSR had to reset it to basic voice mail or else you get that gibberish text. Of course iPhones are a different animal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    My experience has been that VVM was the default when activating.
    VVM seems to have come in the same time as VoLTE. Not sure when this happened with PPC, but it was around June 2018 for Tracfone. Also not sure if a non-VoLTE capable phone can get VVM. Might be useful to check on the Verizon Prepaid forum to see if those users had VVM problems before being enabled for V0LTE (Advanced Calling).