Thread: Cricket vs. AT&T Prepaid?

Feedback Score

Cricket vs. AT&T Prepaid?

I currently have 4 phones on AT&T Prepaid for around $90 (only two have data). We are looking for a good deal on an iphone for one of my daughters and all the deals require opening a new line with new number. So I'm considering moving either her or myself to Cricket to get one of their iphone deals (6s for her or 8 for me). How does the coverage compare to AT&T Prepaid coverage? The only trouble we have now with service is when we drive 3 hrs. to northern PA to visit my family, there are dead spots on the way, and not very good coverage at their houses, but they have AT&T boosters that we use when in the houses. If Cricket is similar, I may try a switch. How long do I have to use Cricket before I can transfer the phone to AT&T Prepaid? And is it a pain to do that?

Feedback Score
    At&t owns cricket so native coverage is identical. I believe at&t prepaid may have an area or 2 where they allow roaming that cricket doesn't offer but that's about it. As far as the specials, keep in mind the 49.99 price for the 6s is with a port in from a non at&t carrier. Meaning if you are porting your number in from at&t prepaid, is does not qualify for the 49.99 pricing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    At&t owns cricket so native coverage is identical. I believe at&t prepaid may have an area or 2 where they allow roaming that cricket doesn't offer but that's about it. As far as the specials, keep in mind the 49.99 price for the 6s is with a port in from a non at&t carrier. Meaning if you are porting your number in from at&t prepaid, is does not qualify for the 49.99 pricing.
    Ugh, really? I just thought it was porting from a different carrier All the AT&T Prepaid deals require a new line and number, but we want to keep our current numbers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Ugh, really? I just thought it was porting from a different carrier All the AT&T Prepaid deals require a new line and number, but we want to keep our current numbers.
    No, it has to be a from a non at&t carrier. You couldn't go straight from at&t prepaid to cricket and get the port in price, you'd have to port to a non at&t carrier first, then port in to cricket to be eligible for port in pricing.