Feedback Score

New battery or new phone?

Have a 6s which has had its battery replaced at least once because of random shut off. I知 finding now the battery runs down very quickly if the phone is in use. And overnight it loses quite a bit of power while sitting around. I壇 like to get some feedback. Is it worth replacing my battery again? I have had no desire for one of the newer phones mainly because of their weight and tendency to break when dropped. But I could be convinced if I知 throwing good money after bad replacing the battery on my beloved 6s.

Phone
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by msboc View Post
    Have a 6s which has had its battery replaced at least once because of random shut off. I知 finding now the battery runs down very quickly if the phone is in use. And overnight it loses quite a bit of power while sitting around. I壇 like to get some feedback. Is it worth replacing my battery again? I have had no desire for one of the newer phones mainly because of their weight and tendency to break when dropped. But I could be convinced if I知 throwing good money after bad replacing the battery on my beloved 6s.
    Do the charts in the battery settings show an app with unexpected battery usage that may be running in the background?

I've had unexpected cases where something drained a battery. Or used a lot of unexpected data
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Phone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Then went into Apple store reservation to replace my battery, and they didn't have any in stock

I could come back next week, but I live 190 miles away. Luckily not just shutting down.

Feedback Score
    It showed Waze as the biggest battery drain. But I don’t have it running most of the time. Today I was stuck out without the ability to charge. I used the phone judiciously. But at 31% it turned itself off. A short time later I was able to turn it back on again. However when it turned on, the battery reading was 3%! This happened to me around the time Apple gave battery discounts for owners of 6s.

So....should I replace the battery or is there a glitch with the 6s?

Phone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Your signs are of a bad battery. Have you looked at battery health in settings?

My 6 3 years ago was doing that, and I replaced the battery. That phone is still in use with it's current owner.

My iPad mini has that problem, but since I have another iPad I haven't spent the money on the repair.

Phone
    Apple iPhone SE , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The 6s probably is on it's latest version of iOS. After that, features in a new OS and security updates likely will be hard to come by. If that's something that will concern you, you might want to reconsider a new(er) iPhone. Otherwise, it makes sense to put another battery in it.

Feedback Score
    Went to the Apple store. Tech said my battery is fine which was in line with the 88% I got when testing. He did find that I had app refresh on and speculated that might be the cause of my rapid battery drain. He did not advise getting a new battery. I’ve had my phone off the charge for about five hours this morning and it’s only gone down 2%. So time will tell. As long as I’m asking, IF I have to get a new phone, any suggestions? Would the 8 suffice?

Phone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    The 8 is still a fine phone, but for the cost sensitive if you can stretch to the Xr you are more future proof. I don't know what carrier you have, but the Xr supports B71 on T-Mobile and B14 on ATT that the 8 doesn't.

Feedback Score
    Thank you all for replies. Kevin, I have Verizon.