Thread: Spectrum Mobile works with USCC LTE Roaming

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Spectrum Mobile works with USCC LTE Roaming

Just a few minutes ago I noticed my Spectrum finally displayed LTE with Band 5 on USCC but it's super slow. This is in Charmco, WV along Rt. 60 using a factory unlocked S9+.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Interesting. Did it give you VoLTE or just data?

I hope this will happen with other MVNOs eventually, even at slow data rates. It's more about having voice coverage rather than speed. Verizon might have one of the better coverage areas, but they still lack in many areas USCC has steller CLR coverage, such as areas of Oklahoma and Iowa.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post

I hope this will happen with other MVNOs eventually, even at slow data rates. It's more about having voice coverage rather than speed. Verizon might have one of the better coverage areas, but they still lack in many areas USCC has steller CLR coverage, such as areas of Oklahoma and Iowa.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see. I know I was able to use messenger since someone rung me through it and YouTube worked but it took a little bit.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

At first I only had 1X but something told me to go to the radio info menu and force LTE Only and to my surprise it gave me LTE Roaming on USCC.

Feedback Score

Yeah they lack in US Cellular areas because US Cellular has the spectrum Verizon would otherwise have. This is why ore carrier are NOT better. Only so much spectrum and several carrier each with a tiny bit of spectrum is not better than 3 carriers splitting that same spectrum. Verizon should by out US Cellular in areas where Verizon lacks Spectrum.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Yeah they lack in US Cellular areas because US Cellular has the spectrum Verizon would otherwise have. This is why ore carrier are NOT better. Only so much spectrum and several carrier each with a tiny bit of spectrum is not better than 3 carriers splitting that same spectrum. Verizon should by out US Cellular in areas where Verizon lacks Spectrum.
    These areas are so rural that they could cover it with B13. It's probably more economical, however, to just roam on USCC for coverage and target a few towns with a lot of traffic for native coverage. Verizon also has B2 and B4 in most/all areas for town sites.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    I can't find any threads on Verizon USCC LTE roaming. Does this mean that they have finally turned it on?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    I can't find any threads on Verizon USCC LTE roaming. Does this mean that they have finally turned it on?
    I guess so. At first I was only getting roaming with 1x but what I did to get it to work was I went under radio info and enabled LTE only mode. Shortly after it gave me LTE Roaming on USCC. So if works on Spectrum Mobile I'm sure it would work on Verizon Postpaid.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    These areas are so rural that they could cover it with B13. It's probably more economical, however, to just roam on USCC for coverage and target a few towns with a lot of traffic for native coverage. Verizon also has B2 and B4 in most/all areas for town sites.
    What's funny is that there is Verizon Coverage within that area with Bands 4 & 13 and since this small area is in the same county, I never understood why they never built it out natively since they did about 7 miles from there on I-64. AT&T and Sprint also has native coverage there.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsoul1989 View Post
    I guess so. At first I was only getting roaming with 1x but what I did to get it to work was I went under radio info and enabled LTE only mode. Shortly after it gave me LTE Roaming on USCC. So if works on Spectrum Mobile I'm sure it would work on Verizon Postpaid.
    Very interesting. What area are you in?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Very interesting. What area are you in?
    I was in a small community called Charmco which is about 30 miles west of Lewisburg and 60+ miles east of Charleston. Was back there visiting some family.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    I was in a small community called Charmco which is about 30 miles west of Lewisburg and 60+ miles east of Charleston. Was back there visiting some family.
    Ah, so West Virginia. Interesting. Maybe they are finally going to plug the hole in terms of data coverage by doing a roaming deal with USCC. USCC VoLTE would also allow them to get off of AT&T HSPA+ roaming for non-CDMA devices.

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just a few minutes ago I noticed my Spectrum finally displayed LTE with Band 5 on USCC but it's super slow. This is in Charmco, WV along Rt. 60 using a factory unlocked S9+.

I thought Verizon's LTEiRA program was not available to the MVNO's that use their network. I am beginning to wonder if their is a configuration issue on Verizon's back-end allowing Spectrum Mobile customers to roam in error.