Thread: Changing People Off and On the 5 for $100 plan

Feedback Score

Changing People Off and On the 5 for $100 plan

Hi,

I currently have the discontinued 5 for $100 plan with 5gb of data each and I would like to keep the plan but would like to port out one of the numbers and port or get new phone numbers in for the plan. Is this possible? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Sadly, it's not possible without the plan price changing.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket/AIO
    Feedback Score
    This.

I dropped one unused line in anticipation of taking advantage of the AT&T Prepaid double data plan. They wouldn't give me the deal since I was coming from Cricket, but dropping the line caused me to lose the grandfathered status of the 5 for $100 deal. Naturally, they didn't tell me that when I dropped the line.
    As a result, I switched to the 3Mb/s unlimited deal (which I guess is now grandfathered as well) and am much happier. And don't even notice the 3Mb/s limit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phlack View Post
    This.

I dropped one unused line in anticipation of taking advantage of the AT&T Prepaid double data plan. They wouldn't give me the deal since I was coming from Cricket, but dropping the line caused me to lose the grandfathered status of the 5 for $100 deal. Naturally, they didn't tell me that when I dropped the line.
    As a result, I switched to the 3Mb/s unlimited deal (which I guess is now grandfathered as well) and am much happier. And don't even notice the 3Mb/s limit.
    It's all about the grandfathering I guess!

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I paid for a few months already but I am seriously thinking of getting out and moving to Visible or something.

Feedback Score
    Now that I am free of the grandfathered plan I went ahead and ported a fake line to get the S10 for $399. Finally I can not waste the $55 for the extra line and just not activate like I could never do in the past under the grandfathered plan

Feedback Score
    Do not let that plan to away ever. I kick my self for not getting it. I pay $160 for 5 lines in Sprint. ?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint1 View Post
    Do not let that plan to away ever. I kick my self for not getting it. I pay $160 for 5 lines in Sprint. ?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    But alas I did have to let it go as I was renting my 5th line to a stranger I found on Reddit groups, and he just decided to port out to Mint and that forced us all to lose the 5\100 plan. Interestingly he was apparently getting frustrated with data speed in the SF area even though we are on the 8mbps plan