Thread: CDMA on Samsung S8.....What APN?

Feedback Score

CDMA on Samsung S8.....What APN?

After my change from GSMA to CDMA, my phone populated with 62 APNs.

MMS is not working, internet seems to be working
    Last edited by USMCSSGT; 12-02-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Need more information to get any help.

Which cellular carrier/network are you using? What carrier/network was your S8 on previously ? Is you text messaging working ? Any trouble making/receiving phone calls ? Any trouble with text messages ? What Android version are you using ?
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Sorry,
    It is red Pocket
    S8 is a ATT phone, unlocked and on the Red Pocket GSMA for a year. Just switched to red pocket CDMA.
    Standard texts send & receive ok
    MMS failed to send (bad address?)
    Call & receive phone calls OK
    Android Pie

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Unless someone here can confirm the APN settings, you might need to reach out to Red Pocket technical support for help. Thanks for providing the additional information.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSSGT View Post
    Sorry, It is red Pocket S8 is a ATT phone, unlocked and on the Red Pocket GSMA for a year. Just switched to red pocket CDMA. Standard texts send & receive ok MMS failed to send (bad address?) Call & receive phone calls OK Android Pie
    try the Verizon apn settings here - https://bestmvno.com/apn-settings/re...-apn-settings/

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    thanks for posting this for the OP, october262. Hopefully it will solve the issue.

Feedback Score
    Make sure you are on thr latest OS update. If you are on July or so I think you will see those fifty million Verizon APN's. This is from past experience on both my Verizon branded S8+'s. What I don't know is if you have a an AT&T device, even though unlocked for all carriers, will get the latest OS available. If ithat is the case, try putting in a Verizon SIM, inactive or fresh, unused CDMA will also work and see if the phone will update to October or better. That is what I have to do with my phone to get a software update.

Some Verizin MVNO's don't play well with the Samsung S8 series. Mine were that way until about October.

Feedback Score
    What network modes are available phone with the CDMA SIM in and active on the network?

Feedback Score
    Been working with CS for 2 days now. If I go out of my WIFI, none of it works

System full updated Nov 4 (Oct security).

They told me if I go back to GSMA, I will loose my 1 month (that I have been unable to use)

Network modes = LTE/3G/2G

Try to call without WIFI says no cellular network connected

One thought, the SIM I used was about 2 years old from a Multi pack. I do have one came yesterday with a new plan (for a different phone)

Feedback Score
    They say it is a firmware issue with my phone, and are restoring my account with GSMA (I had a new SIM to use)

Keeping the 1 month plan I tried CDMA with.

Feedback Score
    Try Google messages. Samsung messenger on my Verizon branded phones will not send MMS.

Do NOT give up just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCSSGT View Post
    Been working with CS for 2 days now. If I go out of my WIFI, none of it works
    That's different than what I read in your first post.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    Make sure you are on thr latest OS update. If you are on July or so I think you will see those fifty million Verizon APN's. This is from past experience on both my Verizon branded S8+'s. What I don't know is if you have a an AT&T device, even though unlocked for all carriers, will get the latest OS available. If ithat is the case, try putting in a Verizon SIM, inactive or fresh, unused CDMA will also work and see if the phone will update to October or better. That is what I have to do with my phone to get a software update.

Some Verizin MVNO's don't play well with the Samsung S8 series. Mine were that way until about October.
    Yes, I did insert a CDMA SIM beginning of November, and got all my security updates, and Android PIE. Then continued with my GMSA sim until the end of my plan.