Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red Pocket Plan Expired & lost number

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Very strange that the account went straight to "closed". They normally go into "expired" status for 30 days before closing.
    Yes, and poor customer service as well. Normally a MVNO will send me alerts via email or text reminding me that my plan is about to expire and then I get the "please come back" emails during the grace period. With US Mobile I was even able to revive a number six months after it had expired.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Yes, and poor customer service as well. Normally a MVNO will send me alerts via email or text reminding me that my plan is about to expire and then I get the "please come back" emails during the grace period. With US Mobile I was even able to revive a number six months after it had expired.
    I have a red pocked 360 day plan and they sent me a text that the plan was about to expire 14 days ahead of time

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by squiggy View Post
    My Yearly Red Pocket plan expired yesterday. ( My fault—It was a 360 day plan that I thought was a full year). Red Pocket refuses to reactivate my number and says it went back to Verizon. Verizon says Red Pocket still has the number for 30 days. Called Red Pocket reps again and they say that isn’t true and say they do not have the number to reactivate. Would someone advise me if there is anything else I could do to keep my number? Thank you!
    I would get on the RP chat and request the account number and pin for port and start a port in anywhere, get a cheap burner phone at a big box store and activate with existing number.

If it ports, port it back to Red Pocket if you trust them after this.

If it doesn't port, file a complaint at the FCC site, it's easy to find and can get results when providers can't figure out how to meet their responsibilities under the number portability regulations.
    ——
    If you join Tello, feel free to use referral P3J3P699 to get $10 off when you sign up for a new account.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How Long Do I Have to Refill Before I Lose My Number?

You have 30 days either from when you used up your airtime or when your service ends to refill your account before you lose your phone number.

https://help.goredpocket.com/hc/en-u...ose-My-Number-
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    I was planning to port my primary number from Truphone to RP T-Mo on a 360 day 100/100/500 plan that's on sale (I need MMS to work) but this and other recent threads about RP spotty tech support have me reconsidering my options.

Anyone have a positive experience with RedPocket tech support - porting or otherwise? Thanks in advance.
    I ported in two numbers from Virgin Mobile to RP a couple months ago (my first ports) and it went smoothly without a glitch. I bought a sim kit with a 30 day plan from RP for each. Then later, I bought a 360 day and 90 day plan from eBay to refill. The first line was my dad's and he didn't care if he lost the number or not. Mine was a primary number, so I waited a a few weeks before porting it in, just in case. No problems with either.

I believe the website and eBay do have different CS as I had a question about something on chat and I was referred back to eBay.

Feedback Score
    Yes as mentioned I too think it's safer to buy through eBay or even Amazon. RP wants to keep those platforms happy & besides they know the customer will always win a valid dispute.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just wanted to update everyone on my issue. Telephone customer service did not call back today as promised. (Not surprised as all 6 reps I went through seemed clueless.)There has been no response from email sent to eBay Red Pocket address. I also requested help from Amazon's Red Pocket with no response so far.

I also posted the issue on Red Pocket's Facebook page and they did respond saying the issue can't be fixed because my phone number went immediately back to Verizon when the plan expired (as in the same day)! Verizon tech support still says this is not true. After my refusal to accept this explaination RP Facebook rep said they will "look into it further". I did try calling 611 as suggested and got a message "This is no longer an active number in our system".

Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to offer ideas. I will keep trying everything I can to keep my phone number of 12 years.

Feedback Score
    I hope you get sorted.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by squiggy View Post
    Just wanted to update everyone on my issue. Telephone customer service did not call back today as promised. (Not surprised as all 6 reps I went through seemed clueless.)There has been no response from email sent to eBay Red Pocket address. I also requested help from Amazon's Red Pocket with no response so far.

I also posted the issue on Red Pocket's Facebook page and they did respond saying the issue can't be fixed because my phone number went immediately back to Verizon when the plan expired (as in the same day)! Verizon tech support still says this is not true. After my refusal to accept this explaination RP Facebook rep said they will "look into it further". I did try calling 611 as suggested and got a message "This is no longer an active number in our system".

Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to offer ideas. I will keep trying everything I can to keep my phone number of 12 years.
    In my experience, logging in and using the chat on the right side of the screen is the best way to reach help at RP.

Send them the link AnciusD posted and firmly insist on being sent your account number and port out pin via the chat, not email. It could be a long time on the chat but they do eventually pick up. If they don't or won't give you a pin use 0000 or the last 4 on the SIM card.

Go to any other network than Verizon or a VZ MVNO. I would get an ATT or TMO cheap prepaid phone at Target and call the number to activate and tell the rep you are bringing an existing number. Get that port rolling is my best advice. You don't have to stay on the cheap phone but I think you need to give up on Red Pocket and VZ towers for now. They have messed up somehow and I don't think they can fix it for you.

Unless you have an iPhone you're probably going to need a temporary device. The number is still in the VZ system so you need to use a different system (ATT) as a port in winning provider. If you tried a VZ based system it will fail because that's not a port, it's an internal process and that process cannot work with the state your number is in.

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertabrae View Post
    I would get an ATT or TMO cheap prepaid phone at Target and call the number to activate and tell the rep you are bringing an existing number. Get that port rolling is my best advice.
    I'm wondering if squiggy will be able to port an inactive number. It's certainly worth a try, but in my experience you can't port a number unless it still has some balance, even it you're in the 30-day grace period. Maybe RedPocket is different and will allow it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2