Thread: When does Safelink renew your minutes each month?

Feedback Score

Question When does Safelink renew your minutes each month?

My friend got Safelink over 30 days ago and she still has the original minutes and airtime showing on her phone?

How and when does Safelink renew your minutes and service each month?

Thanks,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    My friend got Safelink over 30 days ago and she still has the original minutes and airtime showing on her phone?

Thanks,
    I'm in California and mine used to renew automatically around the 2nd of the month.

I read somewhere that the phone should be left on to receive the minutes around the time you think it renews, but if you're not in California it may work differently. Mine was on a Net10 unlimited plan. I think it differs from state to state. I didn't have to leave mine on to get renewed.

If you have the service or help desk number you should call and ask. It might be 611 from the phone like it was with mine.

You might be able to go online to the website and create an account and if so that should state the expiration or renewal date.

Sent from my A576BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (mobile), iPad mini 2 on GV (WiFi)
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice & T-Mobile via Tracfone/SafeLink
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post

Thanks,
    I've had SL now for 3-4 yrs in MA, and this has always been a mystery for me. The official line is "beginning of the month." I used to leave my LG 441g OFF & in the car most of the time, so if it looked like the balance was "stuck," I'd go to the phone menu: Prepaid > Add Airtime > enter "555" and keep the phone on. I think it used to work, but later didn't seem to do anything. For a long time now, they've been sending an SMS msg. at odd times, instructing me to respond with "A"…which sometimes would elicit some kind of update, other times nothing noticable. I wouldn't always catch those SMS's right away, since the phone was off. BUT, SOMEHOW, I always got my minutes.

www.safelinkwireless.com is also very clunky. Good for applying for service, checking status of your account/service, etc., and recently executing a BYOP swap of phones, but for checking your balance, pretty clunky…with either a "Feature Phone" OR a "Smart Phone."

Tell your friend to leave her phone on…maybe turn it off & on once. Or text "BALANCE" or "USAGE" to 611611 (it's free)…"PLAN" will return what plan you're signed up for.

SL also badgers me at least 2x month with emails: "It looks like you're not using your phone. Remember, to keep your service active, the government requires you to make at least one call per month…" BLAH BLAH BLAH…when these emails come, I HAVE been using my phone at least once per month, so I don't think they are basing it on any real data…more about marketing. And they also keep emailing & texting offers for add'l time cards you can BUY from SL.