Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shattered - scratches

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meetoo88 View Post
    I don't think glass screen protectors prevent glass from shattering, when the screen is the one that hits the ground... and I did not have a case/cover (ordered but not yet delivered !). And above all, steel body and bezel do not absorb some of the choc like plastic do!
    watch a few youtube videos on iphone screen repair - https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...en+replacement

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    My Moto E4 took a flight out of my hand at Lowe's earlier this week from about 4 feet high. Luckily, it has the cheapest TPU case that was available when I bought it, but no screen protector. Fortunately (I guess), it landed flat on the concrete floor on it's face. As lappers described above, it was probably the 1/32" lip on the front of the TPU case that saved the screen.

But, if I was using a higher value phone, I'd probably be using a better case and a screen protector!

Feedback Score
    I don't think glass screen protectors prevent glass from shattering, when the screen is the one that hits the ground... and I did not have a case/cover (ordered but not yet delivered !).
    And above all, steel body and bezel do not absorb some of the choc like plastic do!
    You don't think a glass screen protector would have helped in this situation & I'm not going to say it definitely would have prevented your screen from damage. (although I think it would have) Neither one of us knows with 100% certainty, but for the few bucks the screen protectors cost, I'll put them on every time. (& use a case) Just my $.02.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    I'm not going to say it definitely would have prevented your screen from damage. (although I think it would have) Neither one of us knows with 100% certainty, but for the few bucks the screen protectors cost, I'll put them on every time. (& use a case) Just my $.02.
    Me too.

The science is sound (spreads force, takes hit) and I've seen a few falls that broke the protector instead if the screen. I've not personally seen both break (nor the screen and not the protector).

Feedback Score

I only used a glass screen protector on the 1st cell phone about 17 years ago... and didn't like the scratchy look of it after a few weeks.

This time it was mostly the lack of a cover (ordered and not yet delivered)... and the steel shell/bezel which don't absorb (some of) the shock like plastic does.
    I would be extremely upset if I had paid full commercial price ($450?) ... but it's just $50 (after $25 coupon code+$5 Rakuten pay back).

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I only used a glass screen protector on the 1st cell phone about 17 years ago... and didn't like the scratchy look of it after a few weeks.
    I don't recall tempered glass protectors back then.

I didn't have scratches on my last one after 1.5 yrs. Even my kids, who keep breaking them, aren't having issues with scratches.

Mt only complaint is the oleophobic coatings aren't great and mine needs cleaning more than the bare screen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I don't recall tempered glass protectors back then.

I didn't have scratches on my last one after 1.5 yrs. Even my kids, who keep breaking them, aren't having issues with scratches.

Mt only complaint is the oleophobic coatings aren't great and mine needs cleaning more than the bare screen.

Same here. Never a scratch on any of the glass protectors I've used over the years. But I have noticed the same thing in regards to keeping them clean. Not a biggie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2