Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So only 5X5 MHz band 71 for 4G confirmed?

Feedback Score

So only 5X5 MHz band 71 for 4G confirmed?

Sad. Did they not learn anything from band 12? It's almost as if T-Mobile is going to make the 4G experience so bad you get a 5G device( or in my case to not switch at all ). That seems like some shady sh-t the other 2 would do.

Three 5X5 blocks went unsold in my area that T-Mobile could have had for the minimum bid for next to nothing and they pass and now we get 5X5 MHz for 4G? When they could have had at least 10X10 for 4G and 20X20 for 5G. That's the kind of poor planning I expect from a company that constantly changes the names of its video products to one confusing name after another while raising prices every other month or a company that thinks buying AOL and Yahoo were good investments instead of participating in the 600 MHz auction, but not from the uncarrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Sad. Did they not learn anything from band 12? It's almost as if T-Mobile is going to make the 4G experience so bad you get a 5G device( or in my case to not switch at all ). That seems like some shady sh-t the other 2 would do.

Three 5X5 blocks went unsold in my area that T-Mobile could have had for the minimum bid for next to nothing and they pass and now we get 5X5 MHz for 4G? When they could have had at least 10X10 for 4G and 20X20 for 5G. That's the kind of poor planning I expect from a company that constantly changes the names of its video products to one confusing name after another while raising prices every other month or a company that thinks buying AOL and Yahoo were good investments instead of participating in the 600 MHz auction, but not from the uncarrier.
    They never learned from previous experience..

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

So only 5X5 MHz band 71 for 4G confirmed?

What do you mean only 5MHz B71 has been confirmed?

I confirmed 6 months ago it was at 10MHz in the Oklahoma City area & an area in Central Arkansas. Both areas have been cut back since then to 5MHz, in preparation of the launch of NR n71.
    - Bentley

AT&T's commercial 4G network, with LAA-LTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    What do you mean only 5MHz B71 has been confirmed?

I confirmed 6 months ago it was at 10MHz in the Oklahoma City area & an area in Central Arkansas. Both areas have been cut back since then to 5MHz, in preparation of the launch of NR n71.
    Well there are areas where T-Mobile has 20X20 and even 25X25. No reason to not have 10X10 MHz for 4G. The number of people in any area that are going to have a 5G phone is going to be minuscule even year from now. When people on 4G continue to get slow speeds they aren't going to stick around. It would be different if they were using DSS where if there were no 5G customers all that spectrum could be used for 4G. Nope T-Mobile is neutering band 71 for 4G right from the start. 5 MHz isn't going to cut it. They should have just said f--k it and made it all for 5G

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think this is strategic - they're trying to show that they're spectrum starved (and they're not wrong) and that they need the Sprint merger to be competitive.

Remember, the agreement with Dish says that New T-Mobile can lease spectrum that Dish owns until they build it out on their own - that could be a game changer in terms of low band LTE and 5G capacity.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Well there are areas where T-Mobile has 20X20 and even 25X25. No reason to not have 10X10 MHz for 4G. The number of people in any area that are going to have a 5G phone is going to be minuscule even year from now. When people on 4G continue to get slow speeds they aren't going to stick around. It would be different if they were using DSS where if there were no 5G customers all that spectrum could be used for 4G. Nope T-Mobile is neutering band 71 for 4G right from the start. 5 MHz isn't going to cut it. They should have just said f--k it and made it all for 5G
    Yeah, I tend to agree. Should have perhaps started out on 5 MHz n71 5G and left B71 on a wider 4G channel for now. A few of the 10x10 B71 sites I've tested up north rocked!

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Yeah, I tend to agree. Should have perhaps started out on 5 MHz n71 5G and left B71 on a wider 4G channel for now. A few of the 10x10 B71 sites I've tested up north rocked!
    The 5G would be slower than it already is. 5G is already slower for me than LTE because the lack of CA configs.

B12+B2(15MHz)+B4(20MHz) is faster than N71(10MHz)+B4 in my case consistently so.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If the merger is approved next week from the court then T-Mobile will have a lot of extra Bandwidth with the 2.5 GHz. Plus I would think Dish would lease them most of their 600 MHz for extra revenue. What every 5G has it is a lot better than AT&T and Verizon almost useless and limited coverage unless you are standing outside near the tower in just a dozen or so cities. Wow these AT&T and Verizon sure so jealous that T-Mobile is the leader of 5G technology.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Name:  IMG_3682.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  24.1 KB
    Classic!!!!
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    If the merger is approved next week from the court then T-Mobile will have a lot of extra Bandwidth with the 2.5 GHz. Plus I would think Dish would lease them most of their 600 MHz for extra revenue. What every 5G has it is a lot better than AT&T and Verizon almost useless and limited coverage unless you are standing outside near the tower in just a dozen or so cities. Wow these AT&T and Verizon sure so jealous that T-Mobile is the leader of 5G technology.
    The only one that continues making a big deal out of Verizon or AT&T is you Shiloh. T-Mobile 5G coverage on 2.5 GHz will be swiss cheese in most areas just like Sprint B41 is currently. If it works good for you in you area that's great. But that's not the case everywhere. I don't know why you are acting proud of what T-Mobile is doing. How come we haven't see any of your 5G speedtests yet ?? Because you should have been the first to receive yours since they are #1 now.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    AT&T actually has low band 5G on a lot of their sites right now.. The reason they haven't launched it Nationwide is because they are not about to release a network that isn't ready for prime time unlike T-Mobile. They aren't desperate to launch a 5G network for good reason.

For T-Mobile's sake, I hope more people don't try out 5G right now.. I've been all over Birmingham and the experience has been extremely inconsistent. They should have waited a few more months until they densified more.Name:  Screenshot_20191207-153546.jpeg
Views: 184
Size:  18.8 KBName:  Screenshot_20191207-153650.jpeg
Views: 186
Size:  18.3 KB

Sent from my HD1925 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    20 to 30 for 5g and 10 for lte

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quit fanboying and start referencing factual information. Opinions are welcomed, but stop trying to make them sound like facts. That’s just foolish.

Feedback Score
    If the merger is approved next week from the court
    The trial starts on the 9th and will take about 2 weeks and the judge will announce something in mid January.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punishedsnake View Post
    20 to 30 for 5g and 10 for lte

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
    I wonder if the spectrum for 5G had been dedicated for 4G instead how fast your 4G would have been? Probably 20-30.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast