Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Moto G7 Maxx shuffle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    These are all international models. If you buy one of these it wont have cdma and it might be missing some if not most of the us bands.
    OK....Is THIS the US model?
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Moto-G7-P...ll&athena=true

Here is what BestBuy says about the PAEB0006US.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorol...?skuId=6324289

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post

Those are both the US model.

Walmart doesn't sell the non US models. (Note, sold by Walmart, not a market place seller. The ship to store and pick up today options are not available with marketplace sellers)

I have seen some non-US models at Best Buy though, but they are usually labeled.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score

It appears they are. To be definite you need model xt1955-5.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Walmart doesn't sell the non US models. (Note, sold by Walmart, not a market place seller. The ship to store and pick up today options are not available with marketplace sellers)
    This is good information. ++

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    This is good information. ++
    Oh yeah...there is lots of good info here! My Straight talk phone should be delivered late today...we shall see if it works.

Feedback Score
    The transformation has begun! Got my ST G7 Optimo Maxx. I carefully unboxed it, being very very careful not to press the on button. I took out the old sim. Interestingly, it did not appear to be seated in its holder. I carefully added my new BYOP ATT sim to my account and activated it using my existing ATT number. Now, I wait. It said that when my old phone went dead in two days to put in the sim and turn the new phone on.
    It helps to get a pic of how things are oriented from the web. Here is what TF said to me at this point (standard message).

Phone Upgrade Request Submitted

Your phone number transfer may take from a few hours to up to two business days to complete.
    The transfer process is in progress and may take from a few minutes to a few hours to complete. In some cases, it could take as long as 2 business days. It may take longer for landline phone numbers. During this time, your current phone will still work.

After your CURRENT phone stops working, insert the SIM card into your NEW phone.

1. Turn your phone OFF and back ON.
    2. Make a call.
    o If the call does not connect, wait a few minutes to reboot your phone and try again.
    3. Update your data settings:
    o Once your phone is active, you may receive a text message to update your data settings. If you do not receive a text and your data does not work, you can update the settings by texting APN to 611611. Or, go to tracfone.com > HELP > Update Data Settings.

NOTE: Updating data settings does not guarantee that picture messaging (MMS) will work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    The transformation has begun! Got my ST G7 Optimo Maxx. I carefully added my new BYOP ATT sim to my account and activated it using my existing ATT number. Now, I wait.
    Your phone number transfer may take from a few hours to up to two business days to complete.
    Since you're staying with the same carrier, the transfer should be immediate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Since you're staying with the same carrier, the transfer should be immediate.
    I looked an hour later cause I got busy and my old phone was "dead" so I booted up the new phone and it lives!
    I can make calls and recieve calls. I can get on the web with wifi turned "on" or "off" . I can send emails. Havent tried MMS texts yet.
    I can see a learning curve here. I usually walk around with my data "off" but if I do a downswipe of the screen, I see no way to get to "data on or off". I have , left to right, "wifi, wifi calling, bluetooth, a minus sign in a circle, and what I THINK is a synch sign.
    And so it begins.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    if I do a downswipe of the screen, I see no way to get to "data on or off". I have , left to right, "wifi, wifi calling, bluetooth, a minus sign in a circle, and what I THINK is a synch sign.
    Try swiping down 2 times, on some phones that will display more icons. Then you can rearrange which icons you want to see on the 1st swipe down.

A minus sign in a circle is the international symbol of NO/STOP. A synch sign is two encircling arrows.

Feedback Score
    Try swiping down 2 times, on some phones that will display more icons. Then you can rearrange which icons you want to see on the 1st swipe down.

A minus sign in a circle is the international symbol of NO/STOP. A synch sign is two encircling arrows.
    You are a genius. I would have never thought to try that. Lots more icons and they now have names!
    Tracfone transfer wizzard seems to have disappeared out of google play, replaced by Straight talk wizard?

My current head scratcher is to tell the phone to put photos onto the sd card....maybe it is doing it already.

One gotcha I am glad I found is that if you go to settings-storage and hit the up arrow , you eject the SD card!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone transfer wizzard seems to have disappeared out of google play, replaced by Straight talk wizard?

My current head scratcher is to tell the phone to put photos onto the sd card....maybe it is doing it already.
    Just download the ST Wizard and try it. Won't hurt anything.

Where to store photos/videos (taken with the phone's camera) is usually selected in the Settings (Gear wheel) of the Camera app.

Feedback Score
    Just download the ST Wizard and try it. Won't hurt anything.

Where to store photos/videos (taken with the phone's camera) is usually selected in the Settings (Gear wheel) of the Camera app.
    Thanks so much for your help! I had to hit the nine square little boxes under "camera" to get to the gear wheel.
    (I put ST transfer wizard on the new phone but someone it was put on the old phone too. It worked great except it put all my music, pic, ring tones, etc under a folder called "Transfer Wizard" in the internal storage. A few minutes with Microsoft file explorer on my desk top computer soon had all that stuff on the SD card.
    Last edited by CoyoteChris; 12-11-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Well, with a different software channel they could have different drivers/modem partition, or even different radio setting to not enable some bands/options.

But since the TF G7s have CDMA enabled I'm more inclined to think it's the same setup.

Only time will tell though.

As for the TMO REVVLRY+, I didn't hear about it before. Though it's nott a big step up from the G7 to the G7+ (nothing like the G5 to G5+ was)

I'm on Verizon (TW) so I don't track incompatible devices much.

I think the G7 should have just been LTE only.
    I know this is not a TracFone model but my 4 metro g7 powers unlocked today........ GSM only! Anyway i started a thread in metro forum.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I know this is not a TracFone model but my 4 metro g7 powers unlocked today........ GSM only! Anyway i started a thread in metro forum.
    Not convinced yet, could be another issue.

The fact that you can select LTE/CDMA for the preferred network makes me think CDMA is enabled. I don't think that's an option on "GSM" only devices

Feedback Score
    My ST Motorola G7 Optimo Maxx seems to be humming along nicely on its TF BYOP ATT SIM. I thought I would see if there are any APN strings I should write down in case they would disappear during an update but all I see under settings....APN is TRACFONE reseller.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast