Thread: Getting a receipt for expense reimbursement on Verizon prepaid?

Feedback Score

Getting a receipt for expense reimbursement on Verizon prepaid?

My employer offered me to get a cell phone plan for business that will be reimbursed. Verizon is offering a promotion for 16GB data per month on prepaid if I sign up for autopay. My question: Is there any way to get a receipt for my airtime payment each month if I am on auto pay? The company says that the receipt from the vendor must show the vendor name, address, and contact phone number along with the date, my name, and the payment amount to comply with IRS requirements. Furthermore they say my credit card bill showing the autopay charge will not suffice. If I buy this plan, is there a way to generate or print the necessary paper work each month, perhaps by printing something from the customer web site? How close can a proof of payment printed or screen captured come to meet this requirement?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Is this page for prepaid? Will I be able to obtain the required documentation for a prepaid account?

Feedback Score
    Funny that your company might be making it easier for you to just spend more money on a "post" paid account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmotk View Post
    My employer offered me to get a cell phone plan for business that will be reimbursed. Verizon is offering a promotion for 16GB data per month on prepaid if I sign up for autopay. My question: Is there any way to get a receipt for my airtime payment each month if I am on auto pay? The company says that the receipt from the vendor must show the vendor name, address, and contact phone number along with the date, my name, and the payment amount to comply with IRS requirements. Furthermore they say my credit card bill showing the autopay charge will not suffice. If I buy this plan, is there a way to generate or print the necessary paper work each month, perhaps by printing something from the customer web site? How close can a proof of payment printed or screen captured come to meet this requirement?
    I looked around my prepaid account on PC,
    I can't find any "normal" receipt options, but I may have missed something.

Not sure if the app has better options.

I would just make a template that will satisfy the parameters that accounting needs.
    Each month just change the dates to reflect the current billing period.

Sounds more like they just need stuff that complies with their needs.
    I don't know how big of corporation, but ask them if you can make your own template that
    matches provable facts and use that.

I work for a small corporation and when I need to solve stuff like this, that's what I do.
    Like a taxi cab ride that does not give cash receipt, I just make a word doc sign it and and hand it in.

Or try a chat with online Verizon and ask if there is another option.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Play - Unlocked - XT1952-4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if you found this already or not, but I was looking around in my prepaid account online on my PC and there is an option on the left side labeled "Payment History". Here you can see payment history for the past 18 months. You can filter the Start date and End date to the current month once the payment has been processed and click "Create Report".

You can then print or email this to yourself and it should give you most of what you need to provide. The emailed version shows Verizon's address at the bottom, but I did not see a phone number anywhere.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using HoFo mobile app