Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: Tracfone/Ebay RANT!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0

    Tracfone/Ebay RANT!

    I've purchased a gang of Tracfones in the past. Years ago from Tracfone direct, more recently from HSN in a bundle. Switching phones used to be a pita, but last few been duck soup. Well, like a dumby, made the last purchase from Ebay thinking it was Tracfone, because it was $10 per phone cheaper than HSN. Big Mistake! It says Tracfone, but it's some dealer + not really them. Thought it was odd when during the checkout process, it never asked me for the area code where the phones would be used. Anyway, got the new Samsung J7 Crowns + they won't work. Spent hours on the phone with Tracfone, still won't work. Really be nice if they spoke English. Going back in the morning. I'll spend the extra $10 and buy the same phone from HSN. Not Samsung's fault, not Tracfone's fault (cept they should shut down that ebayer using their name), my fault for not buying off their website or using HSN as I've done in the past. Moral to the story, it says it says Tracfone on Ebay and displays their logo, but it ain't them according to the people at Tracfone I spoke with. Here's a C+P of the ebay ad.

    Tracfone Samsung J7 Crown + 1 Year of Service with 1500 MIN/1500 Text/1500MB
    Buy Directly from Tracfone


    Caveat Emptor

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,212
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Do you have a link to the listing?

    When dealing with TF support, it's best to use Chat on your computer. No bad/noisy connection, don't have to deal with the rep's accent, everything said and done is in the chat transcript that you can save for record.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0
    yeah, here's the link https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Sa...1ZXu7kWfOrPemw

    I started out on chat + printed those transcripts. But, the part they denied it was them was over the phone. After chatting for over an hour, they called my home phone.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0
    BTW, reported it to Ebay as a fraudulent listing, but they won't do squat!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    6,753
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks2368 View Post
    yeah, here's the link https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Sa...1ZXu7kWfOrPemw

    I started out on chat + printed those transcripts. But, the part they denied it was them was over the phone. After chatting for over an hour, they called my home phone.
    First off, not aware that TF reps know anything about the eBay (or Amazon) store. Funny thing is when I go to the store that particular bundle deal does not show up. Have seen this before.

    Why don't the phones work. Did they come in Tracfone packaging? What did the reps say?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    6,753
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks2368 View Post
    BTW, reported it to Ebay as a fraudulent listing, but they won't do squat!
    Looks like the Tracfone Wireless store to me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,212
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks2368 View Post
    Looks to me like it's the official Tracfone on Ebay. When I clicked on Visit Store for that listing, it showed the same items that most of us had bought, like the $39.99 time card deal.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,467
    Feedback Score
    0
    Looks official. Too many sales for no one to of complained before. I'd return through eBay INAD.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

    Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    6,781
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    That is the official Tracfone e-Bay store you purchased from. Never trust a Tracfone CSR to know what they are talking about.
    Use Chat to communicate with Tracfone CS.

    Here is the link to all their listings, set for ascending price order:
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw...reless&_sop=15
    note that they sell other Tracfone sister company products.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    First off, not aware that TF reps know anything about the eBay (or Amazon) store. Funny thing is when I go to the store that particular bundle deal does not show up. Have seen this before.

    Why don't the phones work. Did they come in Tracfone packaging? What did the reps say?
    Looks like the official store to me also, that's why I purchased thru them. But, according to Tracfone, it's some dealer by the name of A + P or something like that. Came in Tracfone packaging. Phones won't connect to area network (verizon). Get a recording " this is Verizon Wireless, we are unable to complete your call".

    Had the same thing happen to me on ebay with Garmin gps. Seller calls himself Garmindirect + it AIN'T Garmin. However, in that case, if you read the fine print it does state they are not affiliated with Garmin.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,467
    Feedback Score
    0
    That is the official TF eBay store. TF is not shy about suing for copyright infringement. As suggested you spoke to a loony (my words) TF telephone rep.

    On that eBay link. The About Us tab states:
    TracFone Wireless offers handsets from only the leading manufacturers such as Motorola,LG, and Samsung, for as low as $9.99. We are able to bring the highest quality phones and features to customers at the best prices. TracFone Wireless offers a range of cell phones that include Candy Bar style, Camera, Flip, Sliders, Touch Screen and QWERTY keyboard phones.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    207
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks2368 View Post
    Looks like the official store to me also, that's why I purchased thru them. But, according to Tracfone, it's some dealer by the name of A + P or something like that. Came in Tracfone packaging. Phones won't connect to area network (verizon). Get a recording " this is Verizon Wireless, we are unable to complete your call".
    Was the phone number with Verizon before you tried to activate the new phone? If it was a T-Mobile or AT&T number, it might take some time to get the number porting complete. Last month I activated an HSN CDMA phone by transferring in a TracFone/AT&T number. For a few hours I got the same message before the number porting complete if I tried to make a call.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    Was the phone number with Verizon before you tried to activate the new phone? If it was a T-Mobile or AT&T number, it might take some time to get the number porting complete. Last month I activated an HSN CDMA phone by transferring in a TracFone/AT&T number. For a few hours I got the same message before the number porting complete if I tried to make a call.
    The phone number was an existing Tracfone number which uses Verizon towers in this area. I was rpl an LG164VL with this Samsung bundle. Like I said, I spent hours on chat + on the phone with Tracfone. I was told by more than one of their reps this dealer is NOT Tracfone proper. You all can think what you like, but I have no reason to suspect any of you know more about this seller than the Tracfone employees I spoke with. As I said in the first post, I was never asked what zipcode this phone would be used. AND, I wrote the seller twice offering that info but they never bothered to answer my email (I VERY common problem listed in their feedback). Never had a problem in the past buying from Tracfone website or HSN, just this Ebay website. Take it for what it's worth!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,212
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks2368 View Post
    You all can think what you like, but I have no reason to suspect any of you know more about this seller than the Tracfone employees I spoke with. As I said in the first post, I was never asked what zipcode this phone would be used.
    When you buy a phone on Ebay directly from Tracfone, they don't ask what zip code in which the phone will be used.

    Since you're convinced that you bought a bogus phone and none of us knows anything, RANT ON.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,997
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    As others above already said, that is the official TF store on eBay.

    Many of us here have bought from that eBay seller, and it is absolutely TF.

    But if you'd rather not listen to those of us with a LOT of TF eBay experience, that's your choice.
    Last edited by Boz1; 12-07-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tracfone - ebay "file not supported" message
    By md2llih in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2013, 12:42 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 09:32 AM
  3. Ugh... eBay... [Rant]
    By Extraordinary in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 02:42 AM
  4. eBay Rant
    By Espo in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 12:53 AM
  5. Random eBay Rant (from a seller)
    By rockrocks in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 03:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks