Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Almost 2020, HDVoice interoperability with Verizon?

Feedback Score
    Come on T-Mobile and Verizon it’s 2021, let’s get the bidirectional cross carrier HD voice working already.

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Come on T-Mobile and Verizon it’s 2021, let’s get the bidirectional cross carrier HD voice working already.
    I am starting to suspect it is a T Mobile USA issue delaying HD Voice interoperability since AT&T and Verizon have no problems at all with HD Voice calling. Considering T Mobile USA is in the process of switching over all of the Sprint customers onto their network I would not count on HD Voice interoperability coming anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru30 View Post
    I am starting to suspect it is a T Mobile USA issue delaying HD Voice interoperability since AT&T and Verizon have no problems at all with HD Voice calling. Considering T Mobile USA is in the process of switching over all of the Sprint customers onto their network I would not count on HD Voice interoperability coming anytime soon.
    I’m about 98% sure it’s T-Mobile being at fault. Over the years I’ve had several spirited online forum discussions with T-Mobile customers about this and I’ve pointed out exactly what you’ve noted where T-Mobile seems to have figured out HD interoperability with AT&T and Sprint, yet mysteriously not with Verizon. Some say it’s to make Verizon look bad so they lose customers, others put the blame on Verizon to make T-Mobile look bad. I personally don’t give a crap whose fault it is, as long as it stops and widespread interoperability occurs. Sprint already has interoperability with Verizon in some sense as I’ve been able to get HD Voice working when one party calls the other party, but not when the second party calls the first party. Hopefully T-Mobile fixes this and not “break it” during the merging.

T-Mobile has been “delaying” widespread HD interoperability for years, way before they even started the proceedings on purchasing Sprint. Even back in 2014 John Legere said they were “ready to go”, yet here we are in 2021 still waiting. https://www.rcrwireless.com/20141103...erability-tag2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4