Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 65 ... LastLast

Thread: The final obstacle to the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Begins Tomorrow

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    you called into question Bloomberg may of misquoted Legere,
    This is a false statement. You can't quote a post nor provide a post number where I "called into question" such a thing. You were busy defining "Prospective Buyer" and claimed that Legere had used that phrase in court. I correctly pointed out the fact that Legere was never directly quoted by Bloomberg as having used that phrase. They quoted him using some phrases (which I also pointed out) but they didn't quote that one.

Feedback Score
    I just wanted to say that I am a lawyer and ...

IANAL!!!
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    This is a false statement. You can't quote a post nor provide a post number where I "called into question" such a thing. You were busy defining "Prospective Buyer" and claimed that Legere had used that phrase in court. I correctly pointed out the fact that Legere was never directly quoted by Bloomberg as having used that phrase. They quoted him using some phrases (which I also pointed out) but they didn't quote that one.
    Of course you claimed that. The exact quote from the Bloomberg article was this

"Legere said Dish stood out over prospective buyers Comcast Corp. and Charter Communications Inc."

Notice the "Legere said".

Which Legere do you feel they are talking about, if they aren't talking about John Legere? I find it odd Bloomberg would claim another Legere said that. Then, the exact same day none the less, you used Bloomberg as a source, so you must trust their reporting on the trial. Seems you just want to be argumentive.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I hope the deal goes through especially since I got a T-Mobile tattoo the other day. I eat breathe sleep and live everything T-Mobile. Even named my daughter magenta and my dog tmo-pup
    Tattoos are painful to remove, but not impossible. You really should have waited to see if the deal goes through before getting that tattoo. Where is the tattoo? I have a Bell Canada tattoo but it's in an inconspicuous place so when I moved from Canada to the U.S. I did not feel it necessary to remove it.

How many others get the name of their wireless carriers tattooed onto their body? If the carriers offered advertising dollars to people for doing that then it could become a new trend.

Name changes for children and dogs are not difficult. If you move to Verizon you can rename your daughter "Do More Unlimited" and your dog would probably love to be renamed "Play More Unlimited."

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic, but you've got to admit there are a couple of people not to be named that get VERY defensive if you even suggest T-Mobile is doing anything wrong.
    Above all, never say anything negative about coverage!

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Lol, I got accused of being "a disgruntled ex employee" because I dared to agree with someone over some misleading advertising. How dare I!!! Lol
    Wait, are you suggesting that wireless carriers engage in misleading advertising?

Or when AT&T claimed that their 4G LTE service was really 5G and changed the icon on user's phones to "5G."
    Or when T-Mobile decided that their 3G network was really 4G, even when it was not LTE.
    Or when carriers count the number of people covered instead of the area covered.
    Or when Verizon claims that they are "First to 5G" but it's their own proprietary 5G-E.
    Or when coverage maps show "Fair" and what it really means "you might be able to make a call if you're outside, 600 feet up in the air, and you hold the phone in a certain position.

It happened in Canada too https://www.thestar.com/business/201...ading-ads.html "The previous record was set in March when Toronto-based Rogers Communications said it would offer rebates or credits of up to $5.42 million to customers who were charged for extra services such as trivia questions that they had been led to believe were free."

Did you ever call someone that uses Verizon and get the "please enjoy the music while we locate your party" message and then have to listen to poor quality Vivaldi Four Seasons? The Verizon subscriber had to pay extra for that service but often didn't realize it.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    Above all, never say anything negative about coverage!
    Yup, definitely. Because we should all know that T-Mobile covers everywhere that anyone would ever want to go, and if they don't have T-Mobile coverage, it's some backwater bumblefrack that no one should ever want to go to! /s

Seriously though, I've had T-Mobile and AT&T for the last few months, and I traveled quite a bit with both, and T-Mobile has been pretty underwhelming. I was expecting better coverage in some major metro areas due to better site density, and that's rarely the case, while T-Mobile has some serious coverage holes and gaps compared to AT&T. T-Mobile's LTE is a lot more consistent and stable than Sprint's, although Sprint has more roaming options. To be fair, I have Mint, which has no roaming, and I had postpaid Sprint on my second line for the free year, which had full roaming. And, as always, there are places where nothing works, not AT&T, not Verizon, not T-Mobile. T-Mobile sometimes beats AT&T in speed/capacity, and has faster uploads in many cases, but then in other places it doesn't work at all, whereas AT&T has the best coverage in CT, but also had excellent coverage throughout CA, NV, MI, IN, and MA.

Feedback Score
    The exact quote from the Bloomberg article was this

"Legere said Dish stood out over prospective buyers Comcast Corp. and Charter Communications Inc."
    And the phrase prospective buyers is not in quotes thus its not directly quoted. Here's the full sentence as it appeared since you chopped it off:

Legere said Dish stood out over prospective buyers Comcast Corp. and Charter Communications Inc. because Dish had become a “hoarder” of a “vast quantity of spectrum,” which had long frustrated the T-Mobile CEO.

The words "hoarder" and "vast quantity of spectrum" were directly attributed to Legere. No quote marks around prospective buyers indicates it is a paraphrase. Here's what that word means since you may not be familiar with it:

"Paraphrasing involves taking a passage - either spoken or written - and rewording it. Writers often paraphrase to deliver information in a more concise way. "

https://examples.yourdictionary.com/...aphrasing.html

The bottom line is you tried to put words in Legere's mouth.

Feedback Score
    And the phrase prospective buyers is not in quotes thus its not directly quoted. Here's the full sentence as it appeared since you chopped it off:

Legere said Dish stood out over prospective buyers Comcast Corp. and Charter Communications Inc. because Dish had become a “hoarder” of a “vast quantity of spectrum,” which had long frustrated the T-Mobile CEO.

The words "hoarder" and "vast quantity of spectrum" were directly attributed to Legere. No quote marks around prospective buyers indicates it is a paraphrase. Here's what that word means since you may not be familiar with it:

"Paraphrasing involves taking a passage - either spoken or written - and rewording it. Writers often paraphrase to deliver information in a more concise way. "

https://examples.yourdictionary.com/...aphrasing.html

The bottom line is you tried to put words in Legere's mouth.
    Hmm, where did Bloomberg state they were paraphrasing legeres testimony? Your entire response is just full of your opinion on what it may be, do you have any source saying Bloomberg paraphrased anything? Seems you trust Bloomberg's coverage of the trial enough to use them as a source, just funny the only time you try to disagree with it, is when J.L. contradicted you. has J.L. disputed this line anywhere and said it was "paraphrased" or taken out of context? If the answer is no, then why are you?

Feedback Score
    Hmm, where did Bloomberg state they were paraphrasing legeres testimony?
    The punctuation denotes what's paraphrased and what's not. Maybe you didn't learn that in school.

Feedback Score
    The punctuation denotes what's paraphrased and what's not. Maybe you didn't learn that in school.
    So that's a no, J.L. hasn't disputed their reporting of his testimony at all, yet for some odd reason, you are. So it's really not about what is correct or not with you is it? It's more about you need to appear "right". Got it.

Feedback Score
    So that's a no, J.L. hasn't disputed their reporting of his testimony at all
    I don't know what John has seen or not seen. He may be too busy running the company or spending his large paycheck to read everything that is reported about the trial.

The point is, YOU, used it as a source to make YOUR point. All I did was correctly point out that the phrase was not directly attributed to John.

Feedback Score
    I don't know what John has seen or not seen. He may be too busy running the company or spending his large paycheck to read everything that is reported about the trial.

The point is, YOU, used it as a source to make YOUR point. All I did was correctly point out that the phrase was not directly attributed to John.
    Again, this is incorrect, Bloomberg clearly says "Legere said" before the quote, so whom are they attributing to besides John Legere? Pete Legere? If Bloomberg did indeed misquote or incorrectly paraphrase J.L., why are you correcting it? Do you have the court transcripts to prove this was not his statement? Did you email him your concerns that he contradicted you in court?

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Again, this is incorrect, Bloomberg clearly says "Legere said" before the quote, so whom are they attributing to besides John Legere? Pete Legere? If Bloomberg did indeed misquote or incorrectly paraphrase J.L., why are you correcting it? Do you have the court transcripts to prove this was not his statement? Did you email him your concerns that he contradicted you in court?
    I understand both sides of your argument. However, hofonewb9 said jet1000 was wrong. Although my statement here is correct, you are saying he is wrong, yet you never actually said those words, and I think that is where jet1000 has a point. John Leger may have never actually said the words that you are saying the Bloomberg said that he said. Thus the actual "quoted" words in the article.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X505F using HoFo mobile app
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT View Post
    I understand both sides of your argument. However, hofonewb9 said jet1000 was wrong. Although my statement here is correct, you are saying he is wrong, yet you never actually said those words, and I think that is where jet1000 has a point. John Leger may have never actually said the words that you are saying the Bloomberg said that he said. Thus the actual "quoted" words in the article.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X505F using HoFo mobile app
    Does J.L. dispute he ever said those words? It seems the only person disputing if he ever used those words, is the same person those words prove incorrect. Then, during the same day, that same person used the same reporting agency as a source for something they agreed with, so apparently that person seems to trust their coverage of the trial. Lastly

Has J.L. disputed he said this??? Lol or is there any other source claiming he said something different?

Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 65 ... LastLast