Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 63 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 1073

Thread: The final obstacle to the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Begins Tomorrow

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Comcast or Charter both had several chances to buy Sprint but rejected Sprint time after time. Yet you claim that T-Mobile controls all negotiation between SoftBank, Sprint, Comcast and Charter Communication.
    Nobody claimed that. Do you know the definition of what's called a straw man argument? I take it you didn't read the entire conversation before jumping in. I'll catch you up, what I said was dish could very well be a weak link in this trial for TMobile, they may of been better off selling to Comcast instead, but, they likely wouldn't want to sell to Comcast because TMobile likely knows dish will never be competition for them, and Comcast could and would. Whether or not their plan works, remains to be seen, but the judge has seemed very interested in the validity of dish. If dish costs TMobile this court case, the decision to choose dish will be highly scrutinized. Then people tried to claim "TMobile didn't choose dish" and a bunch of other nonsense. TMobile clearly chose dish, I doubt they chose dish because they felt dish would be the best competition for them, they likely chose dish because they felt dish wouldn't do anything, and they'd be able to eventually get everything they gave up back from dish in the future. Whether or not that works, we will find out. Dish is easily the weak link in this trial though, and now TMobile has to defend dish Network as competition in court. Best of luck doing that.


    I'll throw in it doesn't matter what Comcast or charter did with Sprint, by J.L.'s own testimony it appears they were interested in buying boost and the divested spectrum, and by his own testimony TMobile chose dish over them. It remains to be seen how wise this choice turns out.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,146
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Over and over again Both Comcast and Charter Communication rejected each and every deal to buy Sprint or Sprint Spectrum or to even build a cell phone network. Both Comcast and Charter Communication has stated they only want to be a MVNO under Verizon. It is so funny that you don’t understand that both Comcast and Charter Communication don’t want to build or buy a cell phone network.
    Actually considering they are losing money because they are having to pay Verizon so much for bandwidth because their whole wi-fi offload hasn't worked out like they though they are rethinking that. Comcast didn't buy 600 MHz for no reason by the way. And Charter has been testing CBRS for months if not over a year now.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,146
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Nobody claimed that. Do you know the definition of what's called a straw man argument? I take it you didn't read the entire conversation before jumping in. I'll catch you up, what I said was dish could very well be a weak link in this trial for TMobile, they may of been better off selling to Comcast instead, but, they likely wouldn't want to sell to Comcast because TMobile likely knows dish will never be competition for them, and Comcast could and would. Whether or not their plan works, remains to be seen, but the judge has seemed very interested in the validity of dish. If dish costs TMobile this court case, the decision to choose dish will be highly scrutinized. Then people tried to claim "TMobile didn't choose dish" and a bunch of other nonsense. TMobile clearly chose dish, I doubt they chose dish because they felt dish would be the best competition for them, they likely chose dish because they felt dish wouldn't do anything, and they'd be able to eventually get everything they gave up back from dish in the future. Whether or not that works, we will find out. Dish is easily the weak link in this trial though, and now TMobile has to defend dish Network as competition in court. Best of luck doing that.


    I'll throw in it doesn't matter what Comcast or charter did with Sprint, by J.L.'s own testimony it appears they were interested in buying boost and the divested spectrum, and by his own testimony TMobile chose dish over them. It remains to be seen how wise this choice turns out.
    Same people that defend T-Mobile no matter what think if the deal doesn't go through Sprint will just sell their spectrum to T-Mobile. Which even if they did would be YEARS away. I'm for the merger because I think it benefits everyone, but some of these "T-mobile for life" people are starting to make me think otherwise just so they can learn some humility.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,040
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Same people that defend T-Mobile no matter what think if the deal doesn't go through Sprint will just sell their spectrum to T-Mobile. Which even if they did would be YEARS away. I'm for the merger because I think it benefits everyone, but some of these "T-mobile for life" people are starting to make me think otherwise just so they can learn some humility.
    I hope the deal goes through especially since I got a T-Mobile tattoo the other day. I eat breathe sleep and live everything T-Mobile. Even named my daughter magenta and my dog tmo-pup
    Last edited by wilbur101; 12-13-2019 at 03:33 PM.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    166
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I hope the deal goes through especially since I got a T-Mobile tattoo the other day. I eat breathe sleep and live everything T-Mobile. Even named my daughter magenta and my dog tmo-pup
    One of the funniest comments I've ever read on this forum. Every now and then there are some funny ones.


  6. #186
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,146
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I hope the deal goes through especially since I got a T-Mobile tattoo the other day. I eat breathe sleep and live everything T-Mobile. Even named my daughter magenta and my dog tmo-pup
    I know you're being sarcastic, but you've got to admit there are a couple of people not to be named that get VERY defensive if you even suggest T-Mobile is doing anything wrong.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,729
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    There's a lot of this on Howard Forums and the moderators don't seem to do anything about it. Personally I think that these "cheerleaders" should have a lifetime ban because they don't contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion. For now, I've added them to my "Ignore" list.
    Not true. The moderators have posted warnings, banned users temporarily or permanently, and closed topics, although not in this topic yet. They appear to me to moderate with reasonable moderation. The level of ad hominem they allow may be too much for some people.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic, but you've got to admit there are a couple of people not to be named that get VERY defensive if you even suggest T-Mobile is doing anything wrong.
    Getting defensive is an understatement, it's like a person just cannot have an opinion that differs with them. If you do, they will try to paint you as an enemy. It's very laughable. They will argue with you, just to argue.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,112
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Which J.L. refuted in court. So either Comcast or J.L. is lying. You be the judge on whom.
    "Legere said Dish stood out over prospective buyers Comcast Corp. and Charter Communications Inc."

    To clear it up more

    "Prospective Buyer means any Person, including the Company or any of its subsidiaries, proposing to purchase or otherwise acquire shares in a Sale"
    Your reference in the Bloomberg article does not quote Legere using the words Prospective Buyer. It only quotes him using the words "hoarder" and "vast quantity of spectrum" as shown below. The words "prospective buyers" are not directly attributed to him.

    Legere said Dish stood out over prospective buyers Comcast Corp. and Charter Communications Inc. because Dish had become a “hoarder” of a “vast quantity of spectrum,” which had long frustrated the T-Mobile CEO.

    If you have access to the court transcript from yesterday, I would love to read it. But until then, you're clearly putting words in John's mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Still wanna argue Comcast or charter had zero interest and TMobile didn't hand pick dish?
    shilohcane already found the article that stated the regulators picked Dish (not T-Mobile as you try to claim.) The same article said that Charter was not interested. There's nothing to argue.

    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    they may of been better off selling to Comcast instead, but, they likely wouldn't want to sell to Comcast because TMobile likely
    They likely wouldn't sell to Comcast because the regulators had hand-picked Dish to built ad a fourth network. Selling to Comcast would not have accomplished anything.

    TMobile clearly chose dish,
    You keep making that false statement but it has clearly been dis-proven.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Your reference in the Bloomberg article does not quote Legere using the words Prospective Buyer. It only quotes him using the words "hoarder" and "vast quantity of spectrum" as shown below. The words "prospective buyers" are not directly attributed to him.

    Legere said Dish stood out over prospective buyers Comcast Corp. and Charter Communications Inc. because Dish had become a “hoarder” of a “vast quantity of spectrum,” which had long frustrated the T-Mobile CEO.

    If you have access to the court transcript from yesterday, I would love to read it. But until then, you're clearly putting words in John's mouth.



    shilohcane already found the article that stated the regulators picked Dish (not T-Mobile as you try to claim.) The same article said that Charter was not interested. There's nothing to argue.



    They likely wouldn't sell to Comcast because the regulators had hand-picked Dish to built ad a fourth network. Selling to Comcast would not have accomplished anything.



    You keep making that false statement but it has clearly been dis-proven.
    Right, the Bloomberg article lied, and you are correct. For reasons I guess. Mainly because the Bloomberg article dares to disagree with you. I guess they never got them memo that nobody can disagree with you. The article clearly states what John said, but you disagree with it so apparently he must not of said it.

    You keep making false statements and saying they are correct. Unless of course you have any evidence from the DOJ or TMobile that agree with you, because you will notice, none of your links say TMobile or the DOJ directly said what you, or the article claim.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,112
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Right, the Bloomberg article lied
    I didn't say the Bloomberg article lied. I said the article didn't quote Legere stating the phrase you said repeatedly that he said.

    I'll wait for you to produce the transcript and review that once it's available.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,030
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    There's a lot of this on Howard Forums and the moderators don't seem to do anything about it. Personally I think that these "cheerleaders" should have a lifetime ban because they don't contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion. For now, I've added them to my "Ignore" list.
    Now that is funny someone calling for T-Mobile customers that like T-Mobile to be given a lifetime ban on HoFo’s T-Mobile board because they don’t hate on T-Mobile Ad Nauseam. Calling someone a “cheerleader” as you did is against the board rules but liking T-Mobile isn’t against the board rules.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    322
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hofonewb9 View Post
    Getting defensive is an understatement, it's like a person just cannot have an opinion that differs with them. If you do, they will try to paint you as an enemy. It's very laughable. They will argue with you, just to argue.
    Or accuse you of being an employee of another carrier or accuse you of taking money from another carrier. It indicates a very high level of insecurity when they do that kind of thing.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I didn't say the Bloomberg article lied. I said the article didn't quote Legere stating the phrase you said repeatedly that he said.

    I'll wait for you to produce the transcript and review that once it's available.
    I know, you just don't believe it, for....reasons, even though the article says "Legere said" before the quote. Probably wasn't him. How dare Bloomberg disagree with you. They must not know you. They must be on the payroll of Verizon and at&t.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    542
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    Or accuse you of being an employee of another carrier or accuse you of taking money from another carrier. It indicates a very high level of insecurity when they do that kind of thing.
    Lol, I got accused of being "a disgruntled ex employee" because I dared to agree with someone over some misleading advertising. How dare I!!! Lol

Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 63 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2019, 12:38 AM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-26-2019, 10:29 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 08:36 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
  5. finally, i got the real answers to the a530
    By Vyruz Reaper in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 12:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks